Poll: Where do you shop for your feminine attire, please be specific.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Retail stores
28.57%
2 28.57%
71.43%
5 71.43%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When do you shop for you feminine attire (Besides Janet's)?
(01-03-2023, 12:51 PM)KatieG Wrote: Only very recently have I gone to a Goodwill, Ross, and a local thrift store (before that it was family hand-me-downs, Amazon, Janet's and other online stores I only found recently.) I had the best luck at Goodwill finding things that fit, but it was also my first stop and I was the most nervous just grabbing whatever I thought would fit. Thrift stores seem to be the best option for me right now because I do not have much money I can spend, plus I am able to find clothes that fit pretty easily (although I couldn't find a single pair of shoes close to fitting). There are a few places near me I haven't gone to and I want to go back to that Goodwill sometime. It was a good experience to shop in person and it only becomes easier the more you do it. The first time for anything is always the most difficult.

It must be quite the experience shopping at proper department stores all dressed up. When I have more coins in my pockets and more bravery in my heart I will have to try it out!

Thrift stores are a great choice when you're getting the feel of the confusing world of women's sizing and when you are trying to find your own style, never mind it can be much much cheaper which is always a Good Thing.

You are quite right about getting more comfortable shopping in person at stores, even in drab though it is great shopping dressed up. I'm at the point now where it doesn't bother me and have been nearly shoulder to shoulder with women and they don't seem to take much notice of me.

Still I find it funny when I go into a women's clothing shop and see the husbands sitting outside waiting for them as if they are afraid to go in!
 Amy
(01-05-2023, 07:10 PM)CanuckGirl Wrote:
(01-03-2023, 12:51 PM)KatieG Wrote: Only very recently have I gone to a Goodwill, Ross, and a local thrift store (before that it was family hand-me-downs, Amazon, Janet's and other online stores I only found recently.) I had the best luck at Goodwill finding things that fit, but it was also my first stop and I was the most nervous just grabbing whatever I thought would fit. Thrift stores seem to be the best option for me right now because I do not have much money I can spend, plus I am able to find clothes that fit pretty easily (although I couldn't find a single pair of shoes close to fitting). There are a few places near me I haven't gone to and I want to go back to that Goodwill sometime. It was a good experience to shop in person and it only becomes easier the more you do it. The first time for anything is always the most difficult.

It must be quite the experience shopping at proper department stores all dressed up. When I have more coins in my pockets and more bravery in my heart I will have to try it out!

Thrift stores are a great choice when you're getting the feel of the confusing world of women's sizing and when you are trying to find your own style, never mind it can be much much cheaper which is always a Good Thing.

You are quite right about getting more comfortable shopping in person at stores, even in drab though it is great shopping dressed up. I'm at the point now where it doesn't bother me and have been nearly shoulder to shoulder with women and they don't seem to take much notice of me.

Still I find it funny when I go into a women's clothing shop and see the husbands sitting outside waiting for them as if they are afraid to go in!
 Amy

I always find that amusing also when the men are outside waiting.  They look bored stiff while us ladies shop!  It’s so much easier now for me to shop as a woman when I am out, which now is almost daily!  And talking to other women while shopping is always fun.  They give me tips and vice versa.  I’m always treated as another woman.  Love it!  Hugs, Suzy