Janet's Closet Forum
When do you shop for you feminine attire (Besides Janet's)? - Printable Version

+- Janet's Closet Forum (https://forums.janetscloset.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://forums.janetscloset.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Janet's Lounge (https://forums.janetscloset.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: When do you shop for you feminine attire (Besides Janet's)? (/showthread.php?tid=6236)

Pages: 1 2

When do you shop for you feminine attire (Besides Janet's)? - Gina Summers - 12-13-2022

Where is some of your favorite places to buy your female clothes? Perhaps some of us need help with this as it may be uncomfortable for some to do so.

RE: When do you shop for you feminine attire (Besides Janet's)? - AmberLeighGSD - 12-15-2022

I've never had issues at Kohl's, JCPenney or Torrid. I'm past the point of people caring and the truth is that nobody will care if you're shopping or buying women's clothing.
The sales associates are typically very helpful and want you to spend money.

RE: When do you shop for you feminine attire (Besides Janet's)? - Suzy - 12-16-2022

(12-13-2022, 07:43 AM)Gina Summers Wrote: Where is some of your favorite places to buy your female clothes? Perhaps some of us need help with this as it may be uncomfortable for some to do so.

Hi Gina!  Typically, I buy my clothes primarily from Macy’s, JC Penney, Nordstrom’s and Kohls.  I personally don’t buy clothes at Janet’s, I just don’t care for their line, however I do buy makeup , wigs and breast forms from Janet’s.  Here I am at Macy’s.  The sales ladies are always very helpful and always treat like any other woman shopping.  Good luck!  Suzy

RE: When do you shop for you feminine attire (Besides Janet's)? - CanuckGirl - 12-16-2022

Mostly I shop in person, sometimes drab, sometimes dressed. Naturally I do shop online at times though I prefer to actually see and feel the clothes which gives me the chance to try them on before buying them too.

Some stores might not be familiar to the US girls, but I think I have more from Ricki's than anywhere else. A close second would be Reitman's, then some of the glam dresses you might see me in are often from Le Chateau and slightly more upscale retailer which also sells men's clothes though I've never bought men's from them!
The local Reitman's store is one of the first places I confessed I was shopping for myself a few years ago. Turns out it was the manager who then went on to tell me the quietest times to shop if I was worried about other shoppers, and there was a fitting room separate from the main ones I could use!
She added that all of her staff are completely accepting and if I had any trouble with someone don't hesitate to come and talk to her!
Though that's something I've never had to do.
Most of my bras (approx 20) are from La Vie En Rose, which has a very similar product line to Victoria's Secret, and a few from La Sensa.
Then things from the various thrift stores in and around my area.
Over the last few years when I've been shopping quite a bit there's never been any issues or problems even nearly shoulder to shoulder with other shoppers.
Amy

RE: When do you shop for you feminine attire (Besides Janet's)? - 1Ladyjade - 12-20-2022

I have been shopping the thrift stores lately. My Goodwill has a bulk section where you buy by the pound. The local DAV is my favorite but they haven't reopened the dressing rooms since the pandemic and my wife works at the CHKD so she gets 25 percent off and Tuesdays is 25 percent off. There's also a military discount day. So there are deals to be had.

RE: When do you shop for you feminine attire (Besides Janet's)? - doozer2019 - 12-22-2022

I has done very limited shopping at Kohls...mostly panties. Since I am getting more into dressing in fem clothes I will have to try them for those items as well.

RE: When do you shop for you feminine attire (Besides Janet's)? - slvspanties - 12-22-2022

I guess I typically found myself shopping at thrift stores such as Goodwill or St. Vincent's for many years. However, more so than not lately (now that I'm sure of my sizes), I find myself shopping quite often at Walmart or Target. They both have many "closeout" specials going on and are priced very well. I love the selection of lingerie at a Kohls or JC Penny much better than Walmart or Target, but to me I still haven't felt comfortable shopping the lingerie departments and then standing in line waiting to check out with everyone snooping at what you're buying. Then, when you do check out, it seems like the sales clerks always hold up everything you're buying for the world to see to fold them and put them in the bag.
Maybe if they had self checkout lines I'd do more shopping there?

RE: When do you shop for you feminine attire (Besides Janet's)? - Bobby - 12-22-2022

Resale shops are the most fun. You can find many nice items that don't cost a lot so you are willing to change them more to your own styles. When I get a chance I like being a brazen bitch? Cut outs and such. Things that got so cummy I can pitch them after they have served their purpose.

RE: When do you shop for you feminine attire (Besides Janet's)? - KatieG - 01-03-2023

Only very recently have I gone to a Goodwill, Ross, and a local thrift store (before that it was family hand-me-downs, Amazon, Janet's and other online stores I only found recently.) I had the best luck at Goodwill finding things that fit, but it was also my first stop and I was the most nervous just grabbing whatever I thought would fit. Thrift stores seem to be the best option for me right now because I do not have much money I can spend, plus I am able to find clothes that fit pretty easily (although I couldn't find a single pair of shoes close to fitting). There are a few places near me I haven't gone to and I want to go back to that Goodwill sometime. It was a good experience to shop in person and it only becomes easier the more you do it. The first time for anything is always the most difficult.

It must be quite the experience shopping at proper department stores all dressed up. When I have more coins in my pockets and more bravery in my heart I will have to try it out!

RE: When do you shop for you feminine attire (Besides Janet's)? - Bobby - 01-03-2023

(12-13-2022, 07:43 AM)Gina Summers Wrote: Where is some of your favorite places to buy your female clothes? Perhaps some of us need help with this as it may be uncomfortable for some to do so.

Resale shops.