Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Makeup Removal
(11-21-2021, 12:21 PM)CanuckGirl Wrote:
(11-19-2021, 01:09 PM)TraciJ Wrote: I always feel a little sad when I take off my makeup at the end of the day (or night). I try to go light on the eye makeup so it will be easier to remove. I love occasionally waking up with just a hint of makeup still on and seeing my girl self in the mirror.  I usually use baby oil and makeup removal wipes.  And moisturizer afterwards!

I feel the same way too, for me it's when I take my bra off.

For makeup removal, I use much the same method, but I also have a product made by a company called Norwex and they are rather like a previous poster described. They're a micro fibre cloth which can be used wet or dry but are very effective at removing makeup, plus I use a makeup wipe as well to remove residue.
 Also, I'll second something another poster mentioned. Red lipstick tends to leave a satin on the lips, not really bad, but what I use leaves my lips about the same colour as if they were slightly chapped. Not too obvious but a clue if someone close to you is being observant.
 The other thing, I bought some beautiful sparkly eyeshadow and I loved to look of it, till I tried to take it off and the sparkles covered my face! I kind of flipped out, and all the towels and clothes I used got this stuff on too.
Amy
Thanks, Amy.  Glitter can definitely make a mess.  I remember a girl in high school I dated used glitter for a while.  Got all over everything and seemed to take forever to get rid of.  I appreciate the info about lipstick.
What I use is Neutrogena makeup remover. It is fantastic and can be found anywhere. Very easy to use and does a super job. No soap or other hard chemicals to use. Try it, I’m sure you will like it. Hugs, Suzy
(11-22-2021, 04:56 PM)Suzy Wrote: What I use is Neutrogena makeup remover.  It is fantastic and can be found anywhere.  Very easy to use and does a super job.  No soap or other hard chemicals to use.  Try it, I’m sure you will like it.  Hugs, Suzy

Thank you, Suzy.  I will check it out.
(11-25-2021, 03:05 AM)boots66 Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 04:56 PM)Suzy Wrote: What I use is Neutrogena makeup remover.  It is fantastic and can be found anywhere.  Very easy to use and does a super job.  No soap or other hard chemicals to use.  Try it, I’m sure you will like it.  Hugs, Suzy

I 2nd the Neutrogena makeup remover but i also use Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye makeup remover for mascara.  Usually wipes right off.
(02-11-2022, 05:25 PM)CD_Drty070x Wrote:

I 2nd the Neutrogena makeup remover but i also use Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye makeup remover for mascara.  Usually wipes right off.

I appreciate the info.  I'm eager to try makeup this spring.  I work outside a lot in the winter, so I grow a beard.  As soon as it gets shaved, I'm going for it.
Wink   Dana
(02-12-2022, 06:29 AM)boots66 Wrote:
(02-11-2022, 05:25 PM)CD_Drty070x Wrote:

I appreciate the info.  I'm eager to try makeup this spring.  I work outside a lot in the winter, so I grow a beard.  As soon as it gets shaved, I'm going for it.

Dana, good for you! It definitely takes some practice though. About beards. I grew a beard in my early 20's as I had a bit of a baby face and wanted to look older, then it became a distinct part of my male persona, even though I'd still dress up in private.
 As far back as the mid 90's I did think how great it would be to shave and have makeup on me, but never had the courage to actually do till about 3-4 years ago.
 Go for it, Girl!
 Amy