Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Makeup Removal
This is probably a no-brainer for everyone, so I apologize, in advance for my ignorance.  So many of your wonderful photos have inspired me to want to try using makeup.  I've watched the videos Janet offers on the store site, and several you tube videos, and think I'm ready to try (understanding it will take practice to get it right).  My question is, what is the best way to remove makeup, especially eye liner.  That stuff looks difficult to remove.  Is it just soap and water, or are the skin cleansers the way to go (or any other products)?  I've tried finding info on line, only to become more confused.  One site will advertise a product, then the next site says those products are bad and do something else.  Unlike when I was a kid, and could learn how to shave by watching my dad, it would raise a lot of questions with my wife if I sat in the bathroom and watched her remove her makeup.  Again, I apologize for the ignorance of the question, but discovered long ago, the worst question is the one never asked.  Any help and advice would be appreciated.  Thanks.
(11-18-2021, 07:58 AM)boots66 Wrote: This is probably a no-brainer for everyone, so I apologize, in advance for my ignorance.  So many of your wonderful photos have inspired me to want to try using makeup.  I've watched the videos Janet offers on the store site, and several you tube videos, and think I'm ready to try (understanding it will take practice to get it right).  My question is, what is the best way to remove makeup, especially eye liner.  That stuff looks difficult to remove.  Is it just soap and water, or are the skin cleansers the way to go (or any other products)?  I've tried finding info on line, only to become more confused.  One site will advertise a product, then the next site says those products are bad and do something else.  Unlike when I was a kid, and could learn how to shave by watching my dad, it would raise a lot of questions with my wife if I sat in the bathroom and watched her remove her makeup.  Again, I apologize for the ignorance of the question, but discovered long ago, the worst question is the one never asked.  Any help and advice would be appreciated.  Thanks.
I use soap and water, eye makeup remover pads and makeup remover wipes. I wash my face first with a moisturizing soap and water to remove the majority of the makeup. Then I use the makeup remover pads and wipes to clean off what soap and water doesn't. I then wash again with soap and water because some of these pads and wipes leave an oily residue. The eye makeup remover pads work great for removing mascara and eye liner which is almost impossible to remove with soap and water. I've also tried baby oil on cotton pads and cold cream (Noxema) for removing makeup.
Thanks very much, Alisa. That's very helpful info. Wasn't really sure how to go about it, and didn't want to get stuck in an uncomfortable situation of not being able to get the makeup off. I really appreciate your help. Thanks, again.
(11-18-2021, 08:25 PM)boots66 Wrote: Thanks very much, Alisa.  That's very helpful info.  Wasn't really sure how to go about it, and didn't want to get stuck in a compromising position.  I really appreciate your help.  Thanks, again.

You're welcome! Heart  I would be very cautious with makeup if you don't want your wife to know.  Makeup can be messy so be extra careful when putting on and taking off because it can get where you don't want it and leave tell tale signs.  Some lipsticks can stain your lips and other things and be hard to get off along with other makeup especially waterproof makeups.

Alisa
(11-18-2021, 08:58 PM)Alisa Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 08:25 PM)boots66 Wrote: Thanks very much, Alisa.  That's very helpful info.  Wasn't really sure how to go about it, and didn't want to get stuck in a compromising position.  I really appreciate your help.  Thanks, again.

You're welcome! Heart  I would be very cautious with makeup if you don't want your wife to know.  Makeup can be messy so be extra careful when putting on and taking off because it can get where you don't want it and leave tell tale signs.  Some lipsticks can stain your lips and other things and be hard to get off along with other makeup especially waterproof makeups.

Alisa
Thanks again, Alisa.  That is one of my concerns.  Hoping to try while working out of town for a few days.

(11-18-2021, 09:59 PM)Stephanie_G Wrote: Rather than use cleansers made for makeup removal, I use a product called Makeup Eraser.  I got it from Janet's Closet.  it is essentially a very soft washcloth.  One side is for removing makeup.  The other side is for exfoliating.  Wet it with warm water and wipe the makeup off.  Flip it over and exfoliate.  Wash it after using it, and it will last a long time.  I like how gentle it is on my skin and the fact that I don't have to buy special cleansers to take off my makeup.

Thank you, Stephanie.  I'm going to check that out.  I have another order planned for Janets, so, I'll add that.  I appreciate it.  Thanks.
(11-18-2021, 07:58 AM)boots66 Wrote: This is probably a no-brainer for everyone, so I apologize, in advance for my ignorance.  So many of your wonderful photos have inspired me to want to try using makeup.  I've watched the videos Janet offers on the store site, and several you tube videos, and think I'm ready to try (understanding it will take practice to get it right).  My question is, what is the best way to remove makeup, especially eye liner.  That stuff looks difficult to remove.  Is it just soap and water, or are the skin cleansers the way to go (or any other products)?  I've tried finding info on line, only to become more confused.  One site will advertise a product, then the next site says those products are bad and do something else.  Unlike when I was a kid, and could learn how to shave by watching my dad, it would raise a lot of questions with my wife if I sat in the bathroom and watched her remove her makeup.  Again, I apologize for the ignorance of the question, but discovered long ago, the worst question is the one never asked.  Any help and advice would be appreciated.  Thanks.

One of the products recommended to me that I like to use is Pond's Cold Cream Make-up Remover. Pond's has several different cold creams so make sure it is the Make-up Remover. It is creamy to the skin, then once applied the makeup removes easy with a wash cloth or paper towel ( if I am not at home). After getting the bulk of the makeup off I focus on the tough stuff that might remain. Stubborn things like lipstick or eye shadow and liner might still be present. I rub a llittle Pond's into the washcloth or dab some on the paper towel and scrub lightly. That little bit of extra elbow grease scrubbing gets the tough stuff off even the lip stick "stain" mentioned in an earlier reply.
Hugs and Kisses
Lynn
I always feel a little sad when I take off my makeup at the end of the day (or night). I try to go light on the eye makeup so it will be easier to remove. I love occasionally waking up with just a hint of makeup still on and seeing my girl self in the mirror. I usually use baby oil and makeup removal wipes. And moisturizer afterwards!
(11-19-2021, 12:10 PM)Lynn Wrote:

One of the products recommended to me that I like to use is Pond's Cold Cream Make-up Remover. Pond's has several different cold creams so make sure it is the Make-up Remover. It is creamy to the skin, then once applied the makeup removes easy with a wash cloth or paper towel ( if I am not at home). After getting the bulk of the makeup off I focus on the tough stuff that might remain. Stubborn things like lipstick or eye shadow and liner might still be present. I rub a llittle Pond's into the washcloth or dab some on the paper towel and scrub lightly. That little bit of extra elbow grease scrubbing gets the tough stuff off even the lip stick "stain" mentioned in an earlier reply.
I really appreciate the info, Lynn.  Everyone has been so helpful, I am more eager than ever to try makeup.

(11-19-2021, 01:09 PM)TraciJ Wrote: I always feel a little sad when I take off my makeup at the end of the day (or night). I try to go light on the eye makeup so it will be easier to remove. I love occasionally waking up with just a hint of makeup still on and seeing my girl self in the mirror.  I usually use baby oil and makeup removal wipes.  And moisturizer afterwards!

Thank you, TraciJ.  I appreciate the info.  I feel that way when I have to put the clothes away and become my guy self again.
(11-19-2021, 01:09 PM)TraciJ Wrote: I always feel a little sad when I take off my makeup at the end of the day (or night). I try to go light on the eye makeup so it will be easier to remove. I love occasionally waking up with just a hint of makeup still on and seeing my girl self in the mirror.  I usually use baby oil and makeup removal wipes.  And moisturizer afterwards!

I feel the same way too, for me it's when I take my bra off.

For makeup removal, I use much the same method, but I also have a product made by a company called Norwex and they are rather like a previous poster described. They're a micro fibre cloth which can be used wet or dry but are very effective at removing makeup, plus I use a makeup wipe as well to remove residue.
 Also, I'll second something another poster mentioned. Red lipstick tends to leave a satin on the lips, not really bad, but what I use leaves my lips about the same colour as if they were slightly chapped. Not too obvious but a clue if someone close to you is being observant.
 The other thing, I bought some beautiful sparkly eyeshadow and I loved to look of it, till I tried to take it off and the sparkles covered my face! I kind of flipped out, and all the towels and clothes I used got this stuff on too.
Amy
(11-21-2021, 12:21 PM)CanuckGirl Wrote:

I feel the same way too, for me it's when I take my bra off.

For makeup removal, I use much the same method, but I also have a product made by a company called Norwex and they are rather like a previous poster described. They're a micro fibre cloth which can be used wet or dry but are very effective at removing makeup, plus I use a makeup wipe as well to remove residue.
 Also, I'll second something another poster mentioned. Red lipstick tends to leave a satin on the lips, not really bad, but what I use leaves my lips about the same colour as if they were slightly chapped. Not too obvious but a clue if someone close to you is being observant.
 The other thing, I bought some beautiful sparkly eyeshadow and I loved to look of it, till I tried to take it off and the sparkles covered my face! I kind of flipped out, and all the towels and clothes I used got this stuff on too.
Amy
Traci & Amy I agree with the "feeling sad". I think many of us who can't be full time all want "more time" dressed the way we feel our best. I live female dressed most of the time at home behind the walls without makeup and all the accessories. So when I get the opportunity to go full out head to toe I don't want to go back home and take it all off to end the experience of being me out in public doing everyday things.

I love continuing to live and grow as the real Lynn I had only dreamed of becoming. I have a long list of things I have to "do over" as a woman that I enjoyed doing as a man but haven't done yet as Lynn. Anyone want to go golfing with me next summer??? Due to Covid I have been watching a lot of sports on TV including the woman's golf and tennis. I love the short little skirt/skorts outfits the female tennis and golf stars wear. I don't enjoy playing tennis as much as golf and gave away my tennis equipment.

I still have my old clubs and managed to find a pair of golf shoes my size that will have to pass for female. I have purchased a couple of golf outfits. So I am to see how much trouble I can get in driving a golf cart around the course chasing balls .... I mean golf balls. Lol I haven't golfed in 10-15 years so I am sure I will be duffing it into the rough alot and spend time searching for those balls. 

Now if I can only find a group of friendly guys and other girls to schedule some "foursomes" to play 18 holes out on the course. giggles.
Hugs and Kisses
Lynn