Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fave skirt
You ladies are too kind. The bottom of the red skirt, add something like that to the dress, it'll accentuate the hips but I don't know if  it's a bit much. If I do add the dress may need a faux belt.....
Heart Ginjerlicious Heart
Ok I made a flounce and added it but it was so heavy it took away from the cute flow so I just adjusted hem down for a more acceptable length lol

Well at least I learned how to do a rolled hem now hahahaha

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well I quite like the red one, lovely, and I agree that the flounce hem was a bit too much. Without it, honestly I like the shorter version. Shows your legs off to advantage, however it also depends where you are going to wear it.
I go out quite a bit and I love my short skirts and dresses, but there are times it's unwise to show off too much leg.
Your sewing skills look very good. I do a bit of sewing as well and have made a few things too. Great to make your own stuff sometimes.
Amy
I find womens clothes don't fit quite right so I tend to make my own to fit my frame but still quite femme, right now I'm making a swing skirt I love the nostalgic style of the 50s and 60s. Thank you for your kind words.
(09-21-2021, 09:52 PM)Ginjer Sinclair Wrote: I find womens clothes don't fit quite right so I tend to make my own to fit my frame but still quite femme, right now I'm making a swing skirt I love the nostalgic style of the 50s and 60s. Thank you for your kind words.

Yes, you are right even with padding in the right places our shape still doesn't work for some clothes. Love those swing skirts, hope we can see some pics when you have it done!

I'm afraid of most alterations but have just found a trans alteration lady nearby whom I shall try in the near future.
It depends on what needs to be done of course. Simple things I'm good with, but taking out stitching bringing it and sewing back in as if it never was apart is something else.
Amy