Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feminine hygiene....
(12-20-2018, 08:10 PM)MichelleL Wrote:
(12-20-2018, 09:29 AM)Anne Wrote: For anti-perspirant, I use Dove underarm stick for women.  Scent is such a personal choice but I so love how I smell when wearing Acqua Di Gioia perfume.  

Skincare is so important.  Avoid the sun as much as possible.   I have had melanoma skin cancer removed from my arm.  Luckily it was discovered at Stage 0 so it was completely removed before it had a chance to spread.  Because of the cancer, I now see a dermatologist every 3 months for the time being.  Prior to that I was seeing a dermatologist annually for a body/mole check.   I encourage all of you to have an annual visit to a dermatologist.  You might say to me that your general practitioner checks you over but I'm telling you that they do not check you like a dermatologist does with their special light and lenses.  Choose a dermatologist that is part of your insurance plan and you will be ok then with insurance.

When I know I will be out in the sun, I put Neutrogena Sport Face Oil-free lotion/SPF 70+ sunscreen on my face.  You will find this in cosmetics.  For the rest of me, I'll wear a sunscreen that is minimum of SPF 30.
I like to several times during the day apply Olay Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid Lotion to my face.  It helps to keep my face smooth and moist.  Especially during these dry winter months, I'll apply Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream to my arms and legs.  Cetaphil has been so amazing to keep my skin moisturized.  Especially during winter, my skin used to get so dry and get that alligator look to it.  No more with Cetaphil.

Anne
Anne, thank you so much for your advice. I just picked up some Secret underarm, and the Olay and Cetaphil. I can't wait to try them out this weekend. I sure am happy to hear you are okay after your run-in with melanoma. Hugs, Michelle

Hi My Preference is Secret Powder Fresh Nice Scent  Heart