Janet's Closet Forum
Feminine hygiene.... - Printable Version

+- Janet's Closet Forum (https://forums.janetscloset.com)
+-- Forum: Photography (https://forums.janetscloset.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Favorite Makeup (https://forums.janetscloset.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Feminine hygiene.... (/showthread.php?tid=4737)

Pages: 1 2

Feminine hygiene.... - MichelleL - 12-20-2018

I guess this is sort of related? Anyway, I'm curious about personal hygiene products. For example, what is a good shampoo to give your hair some nice, fluffy, good smelling, hair? What is a good skin lotion to use after getting rid of that nasty male body hair? And deodorant; there has to be a nice scented version of what men have used?

I'm asking because i want to get away from the products that my male alter-ego uses, and use the feminine products i should be using. Wow, that sounds nice to be able to say that my 'male' part is now the alter-ego, and my Femme part is now ME! Oh, to get myself all 'fixed' up, throw open the door, and yell out, "hello world, it's me, Michelle". And know that the world would applaud me; that would beyond fantastic.

Anyway, I'm just trying to get some ideas one some better feminine type hygiene products to start shifting to. Love you all, Michelle

RE: Feminine hygiene.... - Anne - 12-20-2018

For anti-perspirant, I use Dove underarm stick for women. Scent is such a personal choice but I so love how I smell when wearing Acqua Di Gioia perfume.

Skincare is so important. Avoid the sun as much as possible. I have had melanoma skin cancer removed from my arm. Luckily it was discovered at Stage 0 so it was completely removed before it had a chance to spread. Because of the cancer, I now see a dermatologist every 3 months for the time being. Prior to that I was seeing a dermatologist annually for a body/mole check. I encourage all of you to have an annual visit to a dermatologist. You might say to me that your general practitioner checks you over but I'm telling you that they do not check you like a dermatologist does with their special light and lenses. Choose a dermatologist that is part of your insurance plan and you will be ok then with insurance.

When I know I will be out in the sun, I put Neutrogena Sport Face Oil-free lotion/SPF 70+ sunscreen on my face. You will find this in cosmetics. For the rest of me, I'll wear a sunscreen that is minimum of SPF 30.
I like to several times during the day apply Olay Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid Lotion to my face. It helps to keep my face smooth and moist. Especially during these dry winter months, I'll apply Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream to my arms and legs. Cetaphil has been so amazing to keep my skin moisturized. Especially during winter, my skin used to get so dry and get that alligator look to it. No more with Cetaphil.

Anne

RE: Feminine hygiene.... - MichelleL - 12-20-2018

(12-20-2018, 09:29 AM)Anne Wrote: For anti-perspirant, I use Dove underarm stick for women.  Scent is such a personal choice but I so love how I smell when wearing Acqua Di Gioia perfume.  

Skincare is so important.  Avoid the sun as much as possible.   I have had melanoma skin cancer removed from my arm.  Luckily it was discovered at Stage 0 so it was completely removed before it had a chance to spread.  Because of the cancer, I now see a dermatologist every 3 months for the time being.  Prior to that I was seeing a dermatologist annually for a body/mole check.   I encourage all of you to have an annual visit to a dermatologist.  You might say to me that your general practitioner checks you over but I'm telling you that they do not check you like a dermatologist does with their special light and lenses.  Choose a dermatologist that is part of your insurance plan and you will be ok then with insurance.

When I know I will be out in the sun, I put Neutrogena Sport Face Oil-free lotion/SPF 70+ sunscreen on my face.  You will find this in cosmetics.  For the rest of me, I'll wear a sunscreen that is minimum of SPF 30.
I like to several times during the day apply Olay Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid Lotion to my face.  It helps to keep my face smooth and moist.  Especially during these dry winter months, I'll apply Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream to my arms and legs.  Cetaphil has been so amazing to keep my skin moisturized.  Especially during winter, my skin used to get so dry and get that alligator look to it.  No more with Cetaphil.

Anne
Anne, thank you so much for your advice. I just picked up some Secret underarm, and the Olay and Cetaphil. I can't wait to try them out this weekend. I sure am happy to hear you are okay after your run-in with melanoma. Hugs, Michelle

RE: Feminine hygiene.... - LM-Maria - 01-09-2019

(12-20-2018, 09:29 AM)Anne Wrote: "For anti-perspirant, I use Dove underarm stick for women.  "
Can a Male use Women's underarm deodorant and still get the deodorant protection needed?  Or have I been naive all this time believing those commercials stating "a Woman's perspiration is different from a Man's"?

RE: Feminine hygiene.... - MichelleL - 01-09-2019

(01-09-2019, 12:59 AM)LM-Maria Wrote:
(12-20-2018, 09:29 AM)Anne Wrote: "For anti-perspirant, I use Dove underarm stick for women.  "
Can a Male use Women's underarm deodorant and still get the deodorant protection needed?  Or have I been naive all this time believing those commercials stating "a Woman's perspiration is different from a Man's"?

Maria, since I started shaving under my arms, I have been using Suave Tropical Paradise and I just love it. I hated roll on deodorant when I used to be male, with all the hair; but being shaved, I find it works better. Of course, since it is cold out, I don't prespire as much as in the summer, but I would think it would be fine. Heart  Michelle

RE: Feminine hygiene.... - Anne - 01-09-2019

(01-09-2019, 12:59 AM)LM-Maria Wrote:

Hi Maria,
All these years, I have had hairy underarms.  For the past 2 years, I have been shaving my underarms.   I can't believe how easier it is to do a simple hygiene thing as applying deodorant when the hair doesn't get in the way.  When I am in my public man mode, I still use my Right Guard anti-perspirant.  When I go out en femme, I use Dove rollon.  I see no difference in the performance of one over the other.  Now, when you are going out en femme, you want to smell feminine and I like the scent of my underarms when I am wearing the Dove rollon.  The scent of the Right Guard would clash with my Acqua Di Gioia perfume.   Gawd, I love how I smell so wonderful with Acqua Di Gioia.

RE: Feminine hygiene.... - MichelleL - 01-09-2019

Anne, Acqua Di Gioia.... I'm going to have to check that out. I have no perfume. Guess it is time to troll the stores looking for that perfect scent. Love, Michelle

RE: Feminine hygiene.... - LM-Maria - 01-09-2019

Michelle - keep your eye out for samplers!  Sometimes places like Macy's or similar retailers will have perfume demos and MAY (not sure) give out a tiny bottle sample you can use next time you're out on the town/socializing as Michelle.  Either that or they offer sample whiffs and discount coupons on getting a bottle (even a less-expensive small one)>

Doen't hurt to try!  Wink

RE: Feminine hygiene.... - MichelleL - 01-10-2019

Maria, samples... Hmmmm, sounds like a plan. There is a small department store close to where I live. And I have noticed they have a nice cosmetics section with some nice perfumes. I think I'll do that. Thanks so much sweetie, Michelle Heart

RE: Feminine hygiene.... - dcurrantses - 10-19-2022

You might tell me that your family doctor checks you over, but I can tell you that they don't use the special light and lenses that a dermatologist does. If you choose a dermatologist who is covered by your insurance, you won't have any problems.