Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laser Treatment
It's been a full week since I had laser #3 on my face and neck.  I would say that 80 to 90% of the hair is gone from the sideburns and cheek areas.  It appears that this "hair free" region of the cheek is beginning to extend down into the jawline.  The neck appears to have less hair but somewhat difficult to tell, other than the razor moves across the neck more easily when I shave.  I would say the upper lip is 40% free of hair.  The chin appears to be slightly better.  On Tuesday, February 4th, I will have treatment #4 (level 18) on my face/neck and #2 (level 14) on my chest.

So yesterday, January 8th, I had treatment #1 on my chest.  It was at level 12 (which was the level for my first treatment for my face).  Wow...was that ever sensitive!!!   All along the clavicle (collarbone) and at the central point at the base of your neck where the two clavicles meet...I was unprepared for how sensitive this would be.  The tech said that there is not much that separates the skin from the clavicle and that most people comment that this is the most sensitive.  (They always avoid terms such as "hurt" and "pain").  Other areas of my chest were quite sensitive where the hair was most concentrated.  What a gurl goes through to make herself beautiful!!!  Angel
Heart 
Anne
Anne, you are beautiful to begin with. Blush  I'm going to look into laser hair removal after I get my first makeover in a few weeks. I have some sparse hair on my back, but i need to get that removed, since I can't figure out how to shave my back. That just sounds gross. Love, Michelle
I am so jealous! I think this is wonderful Anne and I am sure you look incredible!

Jen
Jennifer  Heart  
(01-10-2019, 09:13 AM)JenniferIN Wrote: I am so jealous!  I think this is wonderful Anne and I am sure you look incredible!

Jen

Thanks Jen.  They recommend hair removal before moving into HRT but I doubt that HRT is in my future.  I just like the idea of not having to shave before applying makeup
Heart 
Anne
I like the idea of not having to shave...period. LOL.

I cannot grow a good looking beard, so I might as well do the same thing you are doing. I hate shaving.

I am very happy for you!!!

Jen
Jennifer  Heart  
11 days ago on Wednesday, Feb 13th, I had laser treatment #4 on my face/neck and #2 on my chest.   With this fourth treatment, the intensity was increased to 18 and the chest treatment was increased to 14.  I can see that my moustache area is becoming more hair free but still way too much for my liking.  I'm at a point where it is difficult to tell what improvement I am seeing in my face/chin/neck.  I feel like the white/grey hairs are too many and that the results I seek may be less than I hoped for.  There is no question that I have less facial and neck hair than when I started this process.  The laser tech did say that the "magic" really happens when one progresses through the treatments and the intensity level is 20 and higher.   On Thursday, March 28th I will have treatment #5 at level 20.  I think the next 2 or 3 treatments will tell the real story so I frustratingly wait for the requisite 5 weeks to elapse before the next treatment.
As for my chest area, I can see (and feel with my fingers) that my chest has less hair on it.   But I fear that my chest area will also have too much white/grey hair for the laser to contend with, based upon my current experience with treatment #4 on my face and neck.  I will also have treatment #3 on my chest at level 16 on March 28th.
I will let you know how it goes after the March 28th treatments.
Heart 
Anne
Well, now that i know what to expect from my first treatment, and Anne's experience, I'm going to have my second treatment, and possible a third one. But since it won't get rid of all my facial hair, I am considering whether or not it would just be better to move over to electrolysis and be done with it. At least that is on my list of stuff to research. Love ya, Michelle Heart Heart
(02-24-2019, 12:31 PM)MichelleL Wrote: Well, now that i know what to expect from my first treatment, and Anne's experience, I'm going to have my second treatment, and possible a third one. But since it won't get rid of all my facial hair, I am considering whether or not it would just be better to move over to electrolysis and be done with it. At least that is on my list of stuff to research. Love ya, Michelle Heart Heart

Since I prepaid for a package of 7 to 10 treatments, I continue to have the laser treatments done.  It is with treatment #5 that I hit the intensity level of 20.  So #5 is at 20 and #6 will be at 22.   I think once I complete #6, I'll have a good idea if I can expect more significant reduction, especially with the moustache area.  I can visually see dark follicles with the moustache area so I expect to get good results there.  When I look at it now, I can tell the hair follicles are receding/being eliminated along the upper lip line and just directly below the nose.  I was told that this area is the most difficult to remove along with the chin area.
Heart 
Anne
On March 21st I had Laser treatment #5 on my face and neck and #3 on my chest.   The laser setting was increased to 20 for my face and 16 for my chest.  The tech had told me that when you get into setting 20 and above, the magic really happens.  I was becoming a bit skeptical.  There has been much hair reduction but still too much in my mind for my upper lip, chin area, some stubble on cheeks, jawline neck.  The tech said I need to give the treatment one to two weeks to take effect and kill off hair follicles.  It was really bothering that I had dark stubble in the moustache area and front of chin.  You could see that beard shadow...but in the past few days....OMG....those hair follicles are dying off.  The dark hair follicles are 70 to 80% gone in the moustache area and that moustache area is amazingly smooth.  The chin is void of any dark follicles.  When I put my makeup on, there is virtually no sign of beard shadow.  It is a revelation to know that someone can look at me in public and I won't have dark beard shadow showing through the makeup and revealing that someone else lies beneath Anne.  My chest already is amazingly smooth and free of any dark hair.   After this treatment, I feel like the only thing I am dealing with is the persistent grey hair stubble on my jawline and chin area and grey hairs on my chest.   I am convinced I do need to get myself through treatment #7 to be fully assured I have killed off any and all hairs on my face/neck and chest that laser can do....before moving on to electrolysis to get those darn grey hairs.

I am so encouraged by what is happening that I signed up for laser treatment to my abdomen and for a full bikini.  Abdomen is pretty obvious but the full bikini takes laser in the front part all the way down to my pubic hair area, it will do the top 4" of my leg to where the testicles are, my ass and anal area.

Treatment #6 for my face/neck will also be at level 20 (I was told they do two treatments in a row at 20 before increasing to level 22) and treatment #4 for my chest at level 18.

Milan Laser is amazingly busy.  The soonest they can get me in for doing my abs and bikini is late May so on May 22nd, I will be doing my first treatment for the abs and full bikini and also doing Treatment #7 at level 22 for my face/neck and Treatment #5 for my chest at level 20.
Heart 
Anne
Sis, good luck. I'm afraid I'm going to have to resort to electrolysis sooner than later. Some videos I've watched indicated it may not be as painful as I have thought. And it is more permanently permanent. So it it what it is. Love, Michellle Heart