Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laser Treatment
As Mr. X, I could never grow a complete beard.  It was always a patchy, raggedy looking think when I tried in my younger days.  So I always shaved and we gurls know how difficult in can be to cover up beard shadow.  On Friday, I went to a laser consultation and signed the contract to have laser treatment on my face and neck.  Today Saturday, I get the first of 7 to 10 sessions depending on how it goes.  Minimum they say is 7 and any stubborn areas could take as many as 10 sessions.
As an older gurl, I do have some grey hair.   They said they'll be able to laser off 95% of the hair on my neck.  50% off my face.  90% of what constitutes sideburns.  My chin is the bad part.  It's mostly grey so effect of the laser will be minimal.  After I complete the laser process, I expect I will follow up with electrolysis to permanently remove the grey hairs.   I am so looking forward to a smooth face.
Heart 
Anne
Good luck Anne honey!
Good luck. I would do it just to not to have to shave daily.
I had my first treatment this past Saturday.  Some of you may be wondering about the cost.  For a full face and neck treatment, it is costing me $2,170.00  They allowed me to use my credit card so I'm getting points earned on my card from that.  The place I am going to is Milan Laser Treatment Center.  I think they have laser treatment offices across the country so there may be one near you.  Consultations are free.   The consultation is a good meeting as they are thorough as to checking if you are on medications, using skin bronzers, etc.   They need to make sure you aren't doing/taking anything that can affect the laser process.

It was described to me that when the laser zaps you, it would feel like snapping a rubber band against your skin.  I guess that's about the closest you can come to describing it.  It wasn't a bad experience yet it did seem a little uncomfortable in spots.  But it happens so instantly when she holds the device against your face and triggers it to zap.  She follows a pattern across areas of your neck and face as she moves across it.  I should mention that she had me wearing eye goggles to protect my eyes during this.  They did my first treatment at a power level of 12, which is the lowest power setting that they can conduct an effective laser treatment.  I can't equate this 12 in reference to anything.  At the end of my treatment, she tested five spots on my neck at a power level of 14.  I have no pain or burn reaction to the 14 so my next treatment, which comes in 5 weeks from now on November 28th, she will do the full face and neck at 14.

She said that the first treatment would result in a reduction of treatable hair follicles of 20%.  So 20% of my face/neck will have less hair growing on it (not including the grey hair).  So here I am, a day later, and there are areas that do feel smoother.  On my upper lip area, a couple spots do feel smoother as I run my finger across it.  If there's one thing I hate as Anne and that is seeing that beard shadow show through the makeup.  I am really excited about having this done.  I will continue to post comments as to my progress as the days/weeks go by.
Heart 
Anne
(10-21-2018, 06:57 AM)Anne Wrote: I had my first treatment this past Saturday.  Some of you may be wondering about the cost.  For a full face and neck treatment, it is costing me $2,170.00  They allowed me to use my credit card so I'm getting points earned on my card from that.  The place I am going to is Milan Laser Treatment Center.  I think they have laser treatment offices across the country so there may be one near you.  Consultations are free.   The consultation is a good meeting as they are thorough as to checking if you are on medications, using skin bronzers, etc.   They need to make sure you aren't doing/taking anything that can affect the laser process.

It was described to me that when the laser zaps you, it would feel like snapping a rubber band against your skin.  I guess that's about the closest you can come to describing it.  It wasn't a bad experience yet it did seem a little uncomfortable in spots.  But it happens so instantly when she holds the device against your face and triggers it to zap.  She follows a pattern across areas of your neck and face as she moves across it.  I should mention that she had me wearing eye goggles to protect my eyes during this.  They did my first treatment at a power level of 12, which is the lowest power setting that they can conduct an effective laser treatment.  I can't equate this 12 in reference to anything.  At the end of my treatment, she tested five spots on my neck at a power level of 14.  I have no pain or burn reaction to the 14 so my next treatment, which comes in 5 weeks from now on November 28th, she will do the full face and neck at 14.

She said that the first treatment would result in a reduction of treatable hair follicles of 20%.  So 20% of my face/neck will have less hair growing on it (not including the grey hair).  So here I am, a day later, and there are areas that do feel smoother.  On my upper lip area, a couple spots do feel smoother as I run my finger across it.  If there's one thing I hate as Anne and that is seeing that beard shadow show through the makeup.  I am really excited about having this done.  I will continue to post comments as to my progress as the days/weeks go by.
Heart 
Anne

Hey Anne - I am looking into Cool Sculpting to try to drop the 55 pounds that I gained after my wife's death . From Feb '14 to Feb '15 , I gained the weight from a junk food diet . All the time that I was growing up , I was thin ; not anorexic , just a fast metabolism . Then I hit my 50's and while my weight ranged from 200 to 208 . I used to work out 6-7 days / week . After Lynn passed away , I just didn't care anymore . I am hoping that IF I have the procedure done , I can get my waist back down to a 34 . Good luck with the laser procedure , Dawna .
Hi everyone,
Today I had laser treatment 2.  She increased the intensity from 12 to 14 for this one.  It was more intense than the last treatment that was done at 12.  A bit more shocking but that’s the hair follicle reacting to the laser.  Some spots were uncomfortable, especially along the jawline.  It was tolerable.  Since the first treatment, I told her my face seems a little smoother and also directly under my nose.  But not so much my neck. She said after the 4th treatment, I will really notice the moustache hairs disappear along with beard shadow.  That really excites me cos I can see that shadow show in my pics. She followed the same pattern on my sideburns, face, under nose, around mouth, chin, neck. She gave me a complimentary lasering on the back of my neck.  She said it takes 1 to 2 weeks before I notice the results of this second treatment.
Heart
Anne
So I waited a week to post this because the tech said it would be one to two weeks to notice the results of laser treatment #2.  It's been two full days since I shaved this past Monday morning.  I would say 50 to 60% of the hair is gone from the side of my face and sideburns.  Noticeably smoother in those areas though I am feeling whiskers as I run my fingers across there.  It's difficult to tell the effects of two laser treatments along the jawline and neck as those were my worst areas in terms of fullness of beard.  I want to say 20 to 30% of the hair in those areas is gone but I really need a couple more laser treatments to tell the effect.  The upper lip area is becoming more noticeable.  Directly above the upper lipline, I can tell the hair is gone.  Directly underneath my nose, I can tell some hair has disappeared too.  It's that middle part of the moustache area that is showing hair but the hair is definitely disappearing.  As mentioned prior, the tech said I will really take notice of permanent hair removal after the fourth treatment.  I am not noticing any difference on my chin but that is my worst area in terms of white/grey hair.  I'll need more treatments to see any effect upon the chin.  Underneath my lower lip, I think the hair is disappearing there as well.  My third treatment is on January 2nd so I will be reporting back after the third treatment.
Anne
Anne, I just added this on my "IOM" (I owe Michelle) list to do. And I have to figure out how to get rid of the few long, grey, hairs on my back too. Oh well, a gurl's got to do, what a gurl's got to do. I shall look good for my man (when I get one!). Heart  Michelle
(12-31-2018, 09:39 AM)MichelleL Wrote: Anne, I just added this on my "IOM" (I owe Michelle) list to do. And I have to figure out how to get rid of the few long, grey, hairs on my back too. Oh well, a gurl's got to do, what a gurl's got to do. I shall look good for my man (when I get one!). Heart  Michelle

Electrolysis will permanently remove those grey hairs.  But you have to be careful where you go for electrolysis.  I have studied this and you have to either go for the chemical electrolysis or the needle electrolysis.   There are some electrolysis centers out there that use an "electric tweezers" to remove hair.  The "electric tweezers" will NOT permanently remove hair.  Only the chemical or needle processes will permanently remove hair.  I am waiting to go through the full array of laser treatments (I will be receiving 7 to 10 treatments) before I move on to electrolysis to get rid of the grey/white hairs that laser cannot treat.
Heart 
Anne
Today, January 2nd, I had laser treatment # 3 on my face and neck.  Since treatment 2, I would say the sideburns and cheek area is 75% clear of hair.  I can tell that the neck and jawline are losing hair because the razor does not drag as harshly as it used to.  The razor glides more smoothly across the neck and jawline as there is less hair to shave off.  So for treatment #3, the tech increased the laser intensity to 16.  Treatment 1 was 12 and treatment 2 was 14.  I really could feel the intensity of the laser process with it being set at 16.  It's like when she did the first time at 12, someone snapped a small rubber band on my face.   At 16, it definitely felt like the snap of a larger rubber band.  The tech explained that as the intensity increases, the ability of the laser to kill the hair follicle increases.  With this treatment, I am killing off more and more hair follicles that were resistant to the previous treatments at 12 and 14.  With each treatment, I am becoming more and more elated at the thought of being hair free....no more beard shadow.  No more shaving of the face and neck.   Heart  The tech said the most resistant areas are the jawline and the chin.  She said I'll really see some magic when my future treatment settings are in the 20's.  So today's treatment #3 was at 16....therefore #5 will be at 20 since she is increasing the intensity by 2 points each time.  You might ask, why not just start treatment at 20?   All people are different and their skin's reaction to the laser process can be different.  If you start too high, you can potentially burn someone.   So they start at 12 and increase the intensity with each subsequent treatment.  She did a small test area at 18 along my neck as a verification that 18 will be ok for treatment #4 (scheduled for February 5th).  As I type this, there is no negative reaction by my skin to the 18 test area so I look forward to treatment #4 at a setting of 18.

In addition to my face and neck, I have now signed up to have my chest hair permanently removed by laser.   How I wish lasers would have been available when I was younger.   My first treatment for the chest is next week, January 8th.  I will post at that time how the treatment goes with my chest and by that day, I'll have a pretty good idea how much more hair is gone from treatment 3 on my face and neck.
Heart 
Anne