Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Stage Again!
The bar I play at asked me and a few others to perform in a charity show they were putting on Sat Mar 30 to benefit some local LGBTQ support groups, and I agreed to do it.

The place was packed to standing room only, and there were about 12 of us there to do two numbers each. For me there were a few hiccups, they patch me in through the sound system, but the DJ working that night couldn't find the cables to do it. So someone held the mike to the output of my keyboard. Not the best for sure!
 So a few other things made for a bit of a disorganized night for a few of us, but it was fun to be on stage again.

I played two numbers one from the Ragtime Era, Scott Joplin's "The Entertainer" then a later Jazz tune, "That's Life" made famous by Frank Sinatra and others. So I started off in a gold flapper dress, then changed to a long white gown with a daring hip high slit on the left side to show of my white fishnet stockings.
 The crowd seemed to love it and cheered me and many complimented me later on. Applause is a bit of a drug, and if any here have done some public performing you know what I mean.

Here are a few pics, the lighting often is terrible for photography. The gold of my dress is very washed out looking but it is a nice gold colour.
 Amy

(04-02-2024, 03:10 PM)CanuckGirl Wrote: The bar I play at asked me and a few others to perform in a charity show they were putting on Sat Mar 30 to benefit some local LGBTQ support groups, and I agreed to do it.

The place was packed to standing room only, and there were about 12 of us there to do two numbers each. For me there were a few hiccups, they patch me in through the sound system, but the DJ working that night couldn't find the cables to do it. So someone held the mike to the output of my keyboard. Not the best for sure!
 So a few other things made for a bit of a disorganized night for a few of us, but it was fun to be on stage again.

I played two numbers one from the Ragtime Era, Scott Joplin's "The Entertainer" then a later Jazz tune, "That's Life" made famous by Frank Sinatra and others. So I started off in a gold flapper dress, then changed to a long white gown with a daring hip high slit on the left side to show of my white fishnet stockings.
 The crowd seemed to love it and cheered me and many complimented me later on. Applause is a bit of a drug, and if any here have done some public performing you know what I mean.

Here are a few pics, the lighting often is terrible for photography. The gold of my dress is very washed out looking but it is a nice gold colour.
 Amy

Look at you lookin all gorgeous you go girl love ya sis.
♡Harley♡
(04-02-2024, 07:37 PM)Harley Wrote:
(04-02-2024, 03:10 PM)CanuckGirl Wrote: The bar I play at asked me and a few others to perform in a charity show they were putting on Sat Mar 30 to benefit some local LGBTQ support groups, and I agreed to do it.

Amy

Thank you very much!
 XXX
 Amy
(04-03-2024, 09:47 AM)CanuckGirl Wrote:
(04-02-2024, 07:37 PM)Harley Wrote:

Amy

Thank you very much!
 XXX
 Amy

You are very welcome Amy
♡Harley♡

Amy

You look great Amy!  I’m sure you were a hit!  Love your dresses and heels too!
Hugs, Suzy
Hi Amy,

I’m sure you were the hit of the day, nice outfits!

Sara
Enjoy, be brave, live the life you will be proud of!! Rolleyes
That's awesome! And you look fantastic!!
You can call me Taylor
Thank you everyone for those nice comments!
Amy