Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Year's Eve party!
We were invited to a NYE party given by some good friends. They have a large country house which is very private too, though no outside antics in this weather!
 The theme was a 1920's Speakeasy, and everyone was required to dress the part and we were also given clues to work out a password to gain admittance!
 Lots of fun.
 Everyone did dress the part and we had some great food, drink, and games to keep our minds occupied till midnight rolled around. Since they have about 6 bedrooms one was given the choice to stay over but we elected to have a DD and make the hour's drive home.

I have a couple of flapper era dresses, but I decided to buy this new one. I also wore stockings as did many others, and my Pink Cupid Corsolette under it, though I suppose they were popular 2-3 decades later. Not like I'm getting undressed, (not that kind of party) though I did flash a few people as they asked about my attire! I did get lots of compliments on the dress.
 It is very short so of course my stocking tops were showing almost completely! That was a planned part of my attire. Just after I arrived my hostess exclaimed, "Ok Slut Amy is here, we can start the party" HaHa, we've been friends a long time now.
 Besides she knows my tendency towards very short dresses, as she gave me one last year!

(01-02-2024, 04:37 PM)CanuckGirl Wrote: We were invited to a NYE party given by some good friends. They have a large country house which is very private too, though no outside antics in this weather!
 The theme was a 1920's Speakeasy, and everyone was required to dress the part and we were also given clues to work out a password to gain admittance!
 Lots of fun.
 Everyone did dress the pary and we had some great food, drink, and games to keep our minds occupied till midnight rolled around. Since they have about 6 bedrooms one was given the choice to stay over but we elected to have a DD and make the hour's drive home.

I have a couple of flapper era dresses, but I decided to buy this new one. I also wore stockings as did many others, and my Pink Cupid Corsolette under it, though I suppose they were popular 2-3 decades later. Not like I'm getting undressed, (not that kind of party) though I did flash a few people as they asked about my attire! I did get lots of compliments on the dress.
 It is very short so of course my stocking tops were showing almost completely! That was a planned part of my attire. Just after I arrived my hostess exclaimed, "Ok Slut Amy is here, we can start the party" HaHa, we've been friends a long time now.
 Besides she knows my tendency towards very short dresses, as she gave me one last year!

What a cute outfit Amy!  You look fabulous!  
Suzy
(01-03-2024, 08:29 AM)Suzy Wrote:
(01-02-2024, 04:37 PM)CanuckGirl Wrote: We were invited to a NYE party given by some good friends. They have a large country house which is very private too, though no outside antics in this weather!
 Lots of fun.
 Everyone did dress the pary and we had some great food, drink, and games to keep our minds occupied till midnight rolled around. Since they have about 6 bedrooms one was given the choice to stay over but we elected to have a DD and make the hour's drive home.

What a cute outfit Amy!  You look fabulous!  
Suzy
Wowza!   I agree! Complete outfit head to toe!   Nice nail polish and stockings!   And great dress!
Heather
Thank you very much Ladies!
very cute dress, love the look and I am sure that you had a great new years eve
Yes very quite outfit, hope you had a great time
Sara
Enjoy, be brave, live the life you will be proud of!! Rolleyes
(01-06-2024, 10:09 AM)erin Wrote: very cute dress, love the look and I am sure that you had a great new years eve

Thanks Erin!
 Amy

(01-07-2024, 06:50 AM)Sara69 Wrote: Yes very quite outfit, hope you had a great time
Sara

We did have a great time, thank you!
  Amy