Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amy's Next Step, going to Church
This is something I've been wanting to do for some time. 
 I've belonged to the United Church of Canada for some time but they were the first or one of the first accept gay, lesbians, and trans individuals into the church. 
 Their take on it is if this who you truly are then you are not being honest to yourself and others by pretending otherwise.
The minister at our former church was one of the first people I told about this side of me which was about 5 years ago now. He was completely accepting and supportive which so nice, especially at the point in my femme journey. He is gay and legally married to another man.
I should add that I'm not a highly religious person but do like to go to church from time to time.

Likewise they expect you to be sincere, which had been part of my problem because like so many others here I wonder who and what I am at times.

Over the last couple of years I've come to accept that I'm closer to the trans side as I didn't want to go in as Amy and not be sincere about myself.
  Then a very good fully trans friend talked to me about going to her church in Dundas Ont., which is about an hour's drive from my home. 
 Close enough to get there, but also not too close to home.
  One Sunday morning my friend decided on a whim to go to in and they welcomed my trans friend with open arms and she is now part of the choir group and also on a church board as well.
That's another part of the balance I need to make. I'm still married and though my wife is hugely supportive of my dressing, but doesn't want too many to know about it so there's no way I can go to a local church.

My wife was still a bit reticent but willing so we got up a bit early, I dressed and did makeup and made the drive.
We were welcomed warmly and quite a number of people also took time to introduce themselves, and my friend also introduced us to people there too. All in all a very successful time and another hurdle crossed!
I only had this pic taken in the entrance way, I thought it would be tacky to be taking a bunch of selfies in the church.
 I'm sure I will be back on those Sundays I can get up early enough.
 Amy

(12-22-2023, 11:29 AM)CanuckGirl Wrote: This is something I've been wanting to do for some time. 
 I've belonged to the United Church of Canada for some time but they were the first or one of the first accept gay, lesbians, and trans individuals into the church. 
 Their take on it is if this who you truly are then you are not being honest to yourself and others by pretending otherwise.
The minister at our former church was one of the first people I told about this side of me which was about 5 years ago now. He was completely accepting and supportive which so nice, especially at the point in my femme journey. He is gay and legally married to another man.
I should add that I'm not a highly religious person but do like to go to church from time to time.

Likewise they expect you to be sincere, which had been part of my problem because like so many others here I wonder who and what I am at times.

Over the last couple of years I've come to accept that I'm closer to the trans side as I didn't want to go in as Amy and not be sincere about myself.
  Then a very good fully trans friend talked to me about going to her church in Dundas Ont., which is about an hour's drive from my home. 
  One Sunday morning my friend decided on a whim to go to in and they welcomed my trans friend with open arms and she is now part of the choir group and also on a church board as well.
That's another part of the balance I need to make. I'm still married and though my wife is hugely supportive of my dressing, but doesn't want too many to know about it so there's no way I can go to a local church.

My wife was still a bit reticent but willing so we got up a bit early, I dressed and did makeup and made the drive.
We were welcomed warmly and quite a number of people also took time to introduce themselves, and my friend also introduced us to people there too. All in all a very successful time and another hurdle crossed!
I only had this pic taken in the entrance way, I thought it would be tacky to be taking a bunch of selfies in the church.
 Amy

Hey Nice picture,  Amy
(12-22-2023, 12:32 PM)Troyfalls Wrote:
(12-22-2023, 11:29 AM)CanuckGirl Wrote: This is something I've been wanting to do for some time. 

Amy

Hey Nice picture,  Amy

Thank you very much! 
 I realize the church in it's many forms usually doesn't agree with anyone in this spectrum and it causes a huge conflict for some.
 Amy

Amy

You will fit in perfectly Amy!  Love your outfit!  Suzy
Amy,

Quite an adventure and it was nice that your wife went with you.

Mima
(12-22-2023, 03:13 PM)Suzy Wrote:

Amy

You will fit in perfectly Amy!  Love your outfit!  Suzy

Thank you very much Suzy, I went back tonight for their Christmas Eve service and pagent and it was great! They even had live animals there.
You are right Suzy, I did seem to fit in. Acceptance was great and a couple of people I met last week chatted with me!
 Amy

(12-22-2023, 08:38 PM)Mina Wrote: Amy,

Quite an adventure and it was nice that your wife went with you.

Mima

Thank Mina, it was! My wife is a fabulous support though I know at times I feel pushing the boundaries a bit.
Amy