Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pride Weekend in Toronto
Girls;

As some of you know late last year I was elected President of a CD and TG social and support group, Xpressions. We usually do two events per month, a Pub Night which is in the same private room in mid town, near the "Village" which is ideal for new girls, or at least ones who are not used to going out in public, then another more public one where the locations rotate.

At the last Pub Night I asked what they would like to do for the Pride, everyone there very much wanted have dinner in or near Church St so they could take in the sights and sounds before and after dinner. So I made reservations at a place on Jarvis St, which is a short walk from Church St,  where most of action happens.
 Church is a major four lane city road, but gets closed off for several blocks so everyone can walk down the street, and trust me all that space is needed for the crowds.

I'm a newcomer to this scene, what I mean though I've dressed off and on throughout most of my life, I never considered myself part of the LGBTQ+ group till recently. Last year being the first time I actually took in any part of Pride, and I did enjoy myself, it feels right for me now.

This year, over a dozen of us enjoyed an early dinner at the Blake House, then walked over to Church and wandered up and down taking in the sights and sounds. The dinner was good, and it wasn't so busy and noisy that we couldn't enjoy good conversation with each other for a while too.
I had bought a new dress a few days before (on sale) with the idea that it would be nice to wear on this occasion.
  Well, I suppose it was a good choice! I don't think I've ever had so many compliments on anything I've worn before. It all started on my trip to the Ladies, which is downstairs in this old building, and stairs are typically narrow for a late 19th century built place. A gent who coming upstairs paused on the landing and with a flourish of his arm let me pass, then said "That's a beautiful dress" as I continued of course I thanked him.
  Then on the way back up another gent simply said, "Ladies First", and said how pretty my dress was. I started to float up to Cloud 9 for sure!
It's worth noting too, that here I'm not fooling anyone. My sleeveless dress, showing somewhat manly shoulders, then my nails are trans colours, as is my necklace all tell everyone I'm MtF trans of some kind.

The vibe there was absolutely fabulous! Very friendly, with random people greeting me with Happy Pride, and so many freebies too from various places. That reminded this old chick of how the CNE used to be. (Just for those who aren't familiar, the CNE is a huge long running annual fair in Toronto and as a kid I remember walking around and so many booths were giving free samples to everyone. Of course they was lots to spend money on too]

There are many, men and women who wear extremely skimpy clothes, and the odd person, shall I say is between outfits! There was only one fully nude guy, with a sign offering "Naked Hugs". I did not take him up on his kind offer, in case you are wondering.
Everyone just seemed to be enjoying the warm early summer weather, and the threatened thunderstorms didn't happen.
Then a gay gent, he was holding hands with another guy, looks at me and out of the blue tells me that my dress is beautiful! Wow!
As I wandered along I got a few more compliments too from others, including some women. Enough to give this old chick a swelled head!

Of course too soon it was time to start the long drive home, as I live some distance away from Toronto.

I'm posting a picture of some of the freebies, and take a look at that one pack from the Stag Shop.

So I would invite anyone who can to come and enjoy some of the festivities in Toronto next year! Also, if any of you are in town at any point when we are having a get together let me know as you would be most welcome to join us.
 Amy

I love the dress, the nails, your whole gig is awesome.
Amy, I love the dress it is very flattering and the shoes match your outfit. It looks like you had a great time and everyone was enjoying themselves.
You do look good Amy,
And the story does make me want to visit Toronto next year… who knows.

Sara
(06-30-2023, 08:46 AM)Bobby Wrote: I love the dress, the nails, your whole gig is awesome.

Thank you very much Bobby! Somehow it all came together better than I expected.
 Amy

(07-03-2023, 05:16 AM)Sara69 Wrote: You do look good Amy,
And the story does make me want to visit Toronto next year… who knows.

Sara

Well if you do, drop me a line and maybe we can meet. If you can it is a neat experience, lots of people and crowds and things are expensive as the celebration is so popular, but I think it's worth it.
  At one time I didn't live so far from the centre of all that action, but I was not ready for that, and indeed I never considered myself part of it.
 Amy

(07-01-2023, 02:10 PM)erin Wrote: Amy, I love the dress it is very flattering and the shoes match your outfit.  It looks like you had a great time and everyone was enjoying themselves.

Thanks Erin! It was a great time, and if only those shoes were as comfortable as they are pretty.
 Amy
(06-28-2023, 02:55 PM)CanuckGirl Wrote: Girls;

As some of you know late last year I was elected President of a CD and TG social and support group, Xpressions. We usually do two events per month, a Pub Night which is in the same private room in mid town, near the "Village" which is ideal for new girls, or at least ones who are not used to going out in public, then another more public one where the locations rotate.

At the last Pub Night I asked what they would like to do for the Pride, everyone there very much wanted have dinner in or near Church St so they could take in the sights and sounds before and after dinner. So I made reservations at a place on Jarvis St, which is a short walk from Church St,  where most of action happens.
 Church is a major four lane city road, but gets closed off for several blocks so everyone can walk down the street, and trust me all that space is needed for the crowds.

I'm a newcomer to this scene, what I mean though I've dressed off and on throughout most of my life, I never considered myself part of the LGBTQ+ group till recently. Last year being the first time I actually took in any part of Pride, and I did enjoy myself, it feels right for me now.

This year, over a dozen of us enjoyed an early dinner at the Blake House, then walked over to Church and wandered up and down taking in the sights and sounds. The dinner was good, and it wasn't so busy and noisy that we couldn't enjoy good conversation with each other for a while too.
I had bought a new dress a few days before (on sale) with the idea that it would be nice to wear on this occasion.
  Well, I suppose it was a good choice! I don't think I've ever had so many compliments on anything I've worn before. It all started on my trip to the Ladies, which is downstairs in this old building, and stairs are typically narrow for a late 19th century built place. A gent who coming upstairs paused on the landing and with a flourish of his arm let me pass, then said "That's a beautiful dress" as I continued of course I thanked him.
  Then on the way back up another gent simply said, "Ladies First", and said how pretty my dress was. I started to float up to Cloud 9 for sure!
It's worth noting too, that here I'm not fooling anyone. My sleeveless dress, showing somewhat manly shoulders, then my nails are trans colours, as is my necklace all tell everyone I'm MtF trans of some kind.

The vibe there was absolutely fabulous! Very friendly, with random people greeting me with Happy Pride, and so many freebies too from various places. That reminded this old chick of how the CNE used to be. (Just for those who aren't familiar, the CNE is a huge long running annual fair in Toronto and as a kid I remember walking around and so many booths were giving free samples to everyone. Of course they was lots to spend money on too]

There are many, men and women who wear extremely skimpy clothes, and the odd person, shall I say is between outfits! There was only one fully nude guy, with a sign offering "Naked Hugs". I did not take him up on his kind offer, in case you are wondering.
Everyone just seemed to be enjoying the warm early summer weather, and the threatened thunderstorms didn't happen.
Then a gay gent, he was holding hands with another guy, looks at me and out of the blue tells me that my dress is beautiful! Wow!
As I wandered along I got a few more compliments too from others, including some women. Enough to give this old chick a swelled head!

Of course too soon it was time to start the long drive home, as I live some distance away from Toronto.

I'm posting a picture of some of the freebies, and take a look at that one pack from the Stag Shop.

So I would invite anyone who can to come and enjoy some of the festivities in Toronto next year! Also, if any of you are in town at any point when we are having a get together let me know as you would be most welcome to join us.
 Amy
Looks like a blast!  You look great!  Suzy
Thanks Suzy!