Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When a man approached you!
Hi ladies - just curious?  How do you handle the situation when a man approaches you out of the blue?  

It’s happened to me a couple of times.  The other day was no different.  I was doing my usual shopping at my local mall, when an older man walked over to me and said I was pretty and and just started talking about the weather, local restaurants, and then mentioned he was single and recently divorced and was looking to find a new girlfriend he could go out with.  He was basically asking me!  It was flattering, but I told him I’m married to a wonderful husband and showed him my ring!  He apologized and wished me a wonderful day!  

Like I said, this is not the first time this has happened to me!  Last time was at a grocery store!  Anyhow, here is what I was wearing at the mall when this guy approached me.

Have a great day- hugs, Suzy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-14-2023, 01:20 PM)Suzy Wrote: Hi ladies - just curious?  How do you handle the situation when a man approaches you out of the blue?  

It’s happened to me a couple of times.  The other day was no different.  I was doing my usual shopping at my local mall, when an older man walked over to me and said I was pretty and and just started talking about the weather, local restaurants, and then mentioned he was single and recently divorced and was looking to find a new girlfriend he could go out with.  He was basically asking me!  It was flattering, but I told him I’m married to a wonderful husband and showed him my ring!  He apologized and wished me a wonderful day!  

Like I said, this is not the first time this has happened to me!  Last time was at a grocery store!  Anyhow, here is what I was wearing at the mall when this guy approached me.

Suzy, once again I'm not surprised a nice (hopefully!) gent approached you and expressed an interest in getting to know you better! Now, think of all the others who looked at you but lacked the courage to actually talk to you and I bet there would be a bus full.

Now I'll try to answer your question. This has happened to me a few times now.
 The first time I might have related here before, and happened a few years ago, a Jamaican gent was trying to make a date with me one time when I was at a friend's clothing store.
 I said to him much as you did, "I'm taken!"

He was very persistent but I stood firm, of course in part because I was terrified, my friend was standing at the other end of her store and could barely contain herself with amusement. At the time my presentation was not as nearly as good as it is now, but I was well dressed as I was on my way to dinner and she had asked me to stop in so she could see my outfit.
It was nothing sexy, but the next time I was there she said I looked like a good looking woman with money to spend on herself and she wasn't surprised at the guy trying to pick me up.

Another time was at a Starbucks. I'd made my order and was waiting for it and the guy who was right in front of me starts chatting me up! I simply responded politely but inside I was worried he would follow me to my table and continue to chat me up.
However perhaps he made me, or just didn't have the time because he went out the door with his order as I went to a table with mine.
 Whew!!
 Amy
(03-14-2023, 04:57 PM)CanuckGirl Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 01:20 PM)Suzy Wrote: Hi ladies - just curious?  How do you handle the situation when a man approaches you out of the blue?  

Suzy, once again I'm not surprised a nice (hopefully!) gent approached you and expressed an interest in getting to know you better! Now, think of all the others who looked at you but lacked the courage to actually talk to you and I bet there would be a bus full.

The first time I might have related here before, and happened a few years ago, a Jamaican gent was trying to make a date with me one time when I was at a friend's clothing store.

He was very persistent but I stood firm, of course in part because I was terrified, my friend was standing at the other end of her store and could barely contain herself with amusement. At the time my presentation was not as nearly as good as it is now, but I was well dressed as I was on my way to dinner and she had asked me to stop in so she could see my outfit.
It was nothing sexy, but the next time I was there she said I looked like a good looking woman with money to spend on herself and she wasn't surprised at the guy trying to pick me up.

Another time was at a Starbucks. I'd made my order and was waiting for it and the guy who was right in front of me starts chatting me up! I simply responded politely but inside I was worried he would follow me to my table and continue to chat me up.
However perhaps he made me, or just didn't have the time because he went out the door with his order as I went to a table with mine.
 Whew!!
 Amy
Hi Amy!  Always good to hear from you.  It’s always fun getting feedback from a guy!  I go to my local mall for my daily walk, of course as a female and I always have a man who will walk by me and smile!  I don’t get when boy mode!  That’s for sure!  Hugs, Suzyo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-16-2023, 01:43 PM)Suzy Wrote:

Whew!!
 Amy
Hi Amy!  Always good to hear from you.  It’s always fun getting feedback from a guy!  I go to my local mall for my daily walk, of course as a female and I always have a man who will walk by me and smile!  I don’t get when boy mode!  That’s for sure!  Hugs, Suzyo

Thanks Suzy! That's part of the other addictive thing about dressing and going fully femme, the reactions one gets, from women and from men too.

I just love how one can dress in so many different ways, so much broader than one can ever do as a plain man.
 Amy
(03-19-2023, 09:55 PM)CanuckGirl Wrote:

Whew!!
 Amy

Thanks Suzy! That's part of the other addictive thing about dressing and going fully femme, the reactions one gets, from women and from men too.

I just love how one can dress in so many different ways, so much broader than one can ever do as a plain man.
 Amy
Hi Amy!  It’s also cute when I’m stopped at a red light wearing a skirt or a dress and a big rig or pick up comes along side of you!  I’ve been honked at by men before checking out my legs!  So funny!  I hope they liked it!  I just got back from the mall again, and there is one particular guy who always checks me out.  I’m expecting him to introduce himself to me one of these days, wouldn’t surprise me!

Hugs, Suzy
That would be interesting if the guy at the mall gets up the courage to talk! I bet he thinks he is being subtle but as a woman it's so obvious when a man likes you!

I have an older convertible I only drive in the nice weather and you inspire me to go and drive in a short skirt with the top down!

One night whilst getting gas a one of the few full service stations (on a native reservation, and it's cheaper!) I could tell a young guy was looking at my legs, but he said, how nice my nails were! That was so cute I thought. Now I bet I'm old enough to be his grandmother!
Amy
Can't really say I was approached, but while shopping one day, a very sweet young man...I'm guessing 19-22ish, helped me find what I was looking for. Very friendly and courteous. After he rang up my purchase, he need my ID, he told me, "you look very pretty."

Well, I blushed, stuttered out a thank you and left. I'm sure he said it because he knew I was a male dressed as a female. Anyway, it did make my day!
You can call me Taylor
(03-20-2023, 01:20 PM)Suzy Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 09:55 PM)CanuckGirl Wrote:

Whew!!
 Amy

Amy
Hi Amy!  It’s also cute when I’m stopped at a red light wearing a skirt or a dress and a big rig or pick up comes along side of you!  I’ve been honked at by men before checking out my legs!  So funny!  I hope they liked it!  I just got back from the mall again, and there is one particular guy who always checks me out.  I’m expecting him to introduce himself to me one of these days, wouldn’t surprise me!

Hugs, Suzy

(03-23-2023, 08:44 AM)doozer2019 Wrote: Can't really say I was approached, but while shopping one day, a very sweet young man...I'm guessing 19-22ish, helped me find what I was looking for. Very friendly and courteous. After he rang up my purchase, he need my ID, he told me, "you look very pretty."

Well, I blushed, stuttered out a thank you and left. I'm sure he said it because he knew I was a male dressed as a female. Anyway, it did make my day!

Either way it's so good!
Amy