Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Epilator
I posted this elsewhere on this forum but haven't seen any responses.  Surely someone uses an epilator. I have one and have made multiple attempts to use it.  I trim, exfoliate, moisturize, repeat... But I don't get the results I want. About 2 to 3 days after using the epilator,  I can feel what I can only describe as razor stubble. Seems as if the epilator  is "cutting" rather than plucking. 

Does anyone have experience with the epilator and can offer suggestions that might help me get better results. 

Hugs and kisses, 

Micki
(07-25-2022, 07:51 PM)Micki Wrote: I posted this elsewhere on this forum but haven't seen any responses.  Surely someone uses an epilator. I have one and have made multiple attempts to use it.  I trim, exfoliate, moisturize, repeat... But I don't get the results I want. About 2 to 3 days after using the epilator,  I can feel what I can only describe as razor stubble. Seems as if the epilator  is "cutting" rather than plucking. 

Does anyone have experience with the epilator and can offer suggestions that might help me get better results. 

Hugs and kisses, 

Micki

Eplator:
It depends on the one you use,  I use a Braun now and have for years.  I can't stand groin hair, tired of shaving I tried one about ten years ago, a Panasonic that removed hair and some skin.  What I've learned is not to press hard.  It's not like using an electric shaver where your trying to get short stubble. A light pass over hair that is a quarter inch long should catch it in the tweezers and pull it out. Go slow, don't rush or it will grab large gobs of hair, then that pulls it into your skin, and the blades leave you bleeding.  Hold your ball sack and stretch it to get up between the balls and your inner leg. It's a long process and it leaves you hair free once you get your groin adjusted.  It's painful at first.  After your done rub the area with a soothing oil available in women's privates area at drug store..

Actually its to bad that we don't have some kind of get together as a CD group where we could help one another with problems like this.
I've never used one, and like Micki's experience, I've read similar ones, so I appreciate the info for my own benefit Bobby.
Bobby,
Thanks. I'll certainly try your suggestions.
As for a group meeting, or gurls' night out; there are some. But this forum is a sort of meeting to work out the issues.

Hugs,
Micki
Never tried an epilator, and I've read mixed reviews about them.

I tend to use a combination of techniques, including Nair, home waxing, shavers, and sometimes, an industrial sander.
Before you can love another, you HAVE to love yourself first
I aim to misbehave
(07-28-2022, 10:55 AM)JodieLynne Wrote: Never tried an epilator, and I've read mixed reviews about them.

I tend to use a combination of techniques, including Nair, home waxing, shavers, and sometimes, an industrial sander.

Tongue
I only use an epilator, and love the results  Heart
Photo 
(07-27-2022, 06:32 AM)Micki Wrote: Bobby,
Thanks. I'll certainly try your suggestions.
As for a group meeting, or gurls' night out; there are some. But this forum is a sort of meeting to work out the issues.

Hugs,
Micki

The epilator takes time. The first few weeks you use it, you can't catch every hair and they seem to grow back fast.  What your doing is puling the hair out by the roots, so some do break off and regrow as if they were shaven.  After a while most of the the hair grows from new roots and is fine like when you were a teen.  The problem then becomes catching it as it is so thin, so you tend to get closer and the knives of hell take over leaving little red trails.  Be patient, don't try to rush the process.  The biggest problem with epilating is hair on the perineum and ass cheeks is difficult to reach.  I have paid way to much to have that removed with waxing.  It would be nice to have a local waxing group, where we could get together and do each other.    If this picture makes it, it shows the growth since Christmas and now, 7 months and the density you can expect.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-28-2022, 05:23 PM)Amber Wrote: I only use an epilator, and love the results  Heart

The problem is when you want to do the ass crack and taint.  Then I get the Veet but that's a short term thing.  Last time I bought some I got the wrong kind, and bought the tape instead.  I didn't know it existed before I got home and saw what I had.  Still haven't oped it because I could see using it behind my back hard as using my epilator.   It would be really cool if we could form a local club where we could all gather someplace and help each other achieve the perfection of a long lasting wax or epilation.
I guess I never even heard of this tool. I use a razor and every couple weeks some hair removal cream.
Like the idea of a group gathering for hair removal. I am afraid it might end up with a lack of focus on
The task.
Hugs
Sara