Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First new dress to me
Hi ladies. I bought this dress and skirt new.
I ordered them in size XL. Then I went to the Goodwill and found this super cute skirt size 16 but it wouldn't zip up all the way. I was so nervous that the new dress and skirt wouldn't fit. I am happy to say they fit well. Now the pantyhose are definitely made for the more petite. But they are cute too. The pattern on the model looked cool. I put them on and it didn't look the same. But in the photo's it is what it looked like on the model so happy about that too. This is all me. I'm so happy with my make up skills that are getting better all the time. I am seriously thinking I need to go through my pictures and get rid of the Faceapp pictures. They look good but they aren't me and I have come to accept that I won't ever look that smooth.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If you buy Craftsman tools rather than DeWalt so they dont clash with you nail polish, you might be a crossdresser.
(07-09-2022, 06:13 PM)1Ladyjade Wrote: Hi ladies. I bought this dress and skirt new.
I ordered them in size XL. Then I went to the Goodwill and found this super cute skirt size 16 but it wouldn't zip up all the way. I was so nervous that the new dress and skirt wouldn't fit. I am happy to say they fit well. Now the pantyhose are definitely made for the more petite. But they are cute too. The pattern on the model looked cool. I put them on and it didn't look the same. But in the photo's it is what it looked like on the model so happy about that too. This is all me. I'm so happy with my make up skills that are getting better all the time. I am seriously thinking I need to go through my pictures and get rid of the Faceapp pictures. They look good but they aren't me and I have come to accept that I won't ever look that smooth.

Those are remarkable finds and YOU wear them so well!
i wasn't so lucky in my thrift store searches today. i tried on 2 dresses and was miserably disappointed.
Finally at another thrift store i found a pearl necklace and a pair of comfortable earrings.
seize the day!!!! May i add YOU as a friend 1LadyJade?
Thank you Margo. Certainly we can be friends. I have been very lucky with my buys. Till that Goodwill skirt. I bought a top labeled as PL. Had no idea what that was. It fits but PL is petite large. What ever that means. LOL. I have a pencil skirt that is small. But its stretchy and so it fits. When that 16 wouldn't zip up I was worried the XL wouldn't fit. So what they say about women's clothes is true about sizing being all over the place.

If you buy Craftsman tools rather than DeWalt so they dont clash with you nail polish, you might be a crossdresser.
(07-09-2022, 07:51 PM)1Ladyjade Wrote: Thank you Margo. Certainly we can be friends. I have been very lucky with my buys. Till that Goodwill skirt. I bought a top labeled as PL. Had no idea what that was. It fits but PL is petite large. What ever that means. LOL. I have a pencil skirt that is small. But its stretchy and so it fits. When that 16 wouldn't zip up I was worried the XL wouldn't fit. So what they say about women's clothes is true about sizing being all over the place.

Hello again 1LadyJade, my experience at the thrift shop was fun. I got to talk with a Younger women who was wearing a rainbow  blouse. She sort of hesitated in the women's  dress isle, so i knew that She was friendly and had a good smile.
We chatted for a brief moment and She asked what I was looking for. I blushed a bit....and started looking in the  XL section of dresses.
I said that I was looking for my wife.....then choked up and said no I'm looking for myself. She showed me a  couple of  nice dresses (floral cocktail, and a black dress)then She said go try them on. The dressing room is right over there, as She pointed.
I went and tried on thee dresses , sadly they were both just to small.
That was my encounter at the thrift store on Saturday.
You did come out with nice outfit!
You wear it well!

Sara
Enjoy, be brave, live the life you will be proud of!! Rolleyes
Both outfits look very good on you, and congratulations on your first new dress! The fit looks just right for you, and I like those pantyhose as well.

I've got some great stuff at thrift stores, but have also been so frustrated with some searches, where out of the hundreds and thousands of things I can't find anything I like that fits!
Then a score something beautiful, and like the gambler who hits a jackpot it keeps me going back.
Amy
Thank you everyone. Like I said I was so happy with how everything came together. My new wig still needs a little more love. My make up is on point. I am seriously thinking of deleting all my Faceapp pictures. While she looks good it's not me. Besides how fun would it be putting everything on again just to make new photos.

(07-10-2022, 12:53 PM)1Ladyjade Wrote: Thank you everyone. Like I said I was so happy with how everything came together. My new wig still needs a little more love. My make up is on point. I am seriously thinking of deleting all my Faceapp pictures. While she looks good it's not me. Besides how fun would it be putting everything on again just to make new photos.

So true, i know that feeling all to well. I have made purchases before then became remorseful and threw them away...only until a month later go shopping again and wish i hadn't  thrown the originals away.
Hi LadyJade,
Nice pics. I recently shopped a goodwill store and came away with a couple tops and a sweater, you can't beat the price.
Traci
LadyJade,
I agree with everyone else on this post, you look fabulous! I really like your look in the red plaid skirt/dress. It fits you so well. I was just at a Goodwill today and picked up a new pair of checkered pants and a white sweater/blouse. Can't wait to try them on. I've always enjoyed shopping at the Goodwill stores as nobody seems to give us a second look and they will a lot of times have them "special" sized high heels that we typically have to buy. All at a very good price.
Your make up looks lovely and so do you!

Sally