Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Footwear
I may be getting ahead of myself here as I am totally new to this.  However, checking out all the clothing etc on JC I was thinking about what I would wear on my feet. Now I don't ever see myself going in to public as my femme side, but if I got some footwear I'd want them to be comfortable - not interested in heels. I'm not tall (5 9') but it would feel odd being about 6 ft in heels lol.

What do you all wear, or does it depend on outfit etc?

Thanks,

Marissa
Marissa;
I seem to be answering a lot of your posts, don't I!
Shoes are quite a big deal for women and also a lot of us full or part time trans girls too. You mentioned the outfit, now that's the key thing, as well as where you are going too. Of course my situation is different as I do go out, but I'll give you a couple of personal examples. Back in the long series of lockdowns we had here in Ontario there wasn't anywhere to go except for the grocery store, so that's what I did for some months, so I wore low heel shoes as I simply want to pass, I'm just another housewifey woman doing her shopping, so jeans, low boots if the weather is poor, or similar shoes.
Now if I'm going out on the town a bit, then I nearly always wear heels but I also fine tune it depending on just where I'm going, and if I have to walk far etc. I have a pair of 3" black pumps by Nine West which are so comfortable I can and have worn them all day, including a lot of walking. So heels don't have to be uncomfortable, though often they are. I have beautiful shoes which are more for show than long term wear!
Beware, as you get further into this you might just find yourself with a shoe fetish too! I wasn't at all interested in fancy shoes for the longest time but then started looking at them to compliment my outfit now I have 20+ pairs. Though that pales beside my friend who says she has over 100!
Amy
(06-20-2022, 03:43 PM)CanuckGirl Wrote: Marissa;
Shoes are quite a big deal for women and also a lot of us full or part time trans girls too. You mentioned the outfit, now that's the key thing, as well as where you are going too. Of course my situation is different as I do go out, but I'll give you a couple of personal examples. Back in the long series of lockdowns we had here in Ontario there wasn't anywhere to go except for the grocery store, so that's what I did for some months, so I wore low heel shoes as I simply want to pass, I'm just another housewifey woman doing her shopping, so jeans, low boots if the weather is poor, or similar shoes.
Now if I'm going out on the town a bit, then I nearly always wear heels but I also fine tune it depending on just where I'm going, and if I have to walk far etc. I have a pair of 3" black pumps by Nine West which are so comfortable I can and have worn them all day, including a lot of walking. So heels don't have to be uncomfortable, though often they are. I have beautiful shoes which are more for show than long term wear!
Beware, as you get further into this you might just find yourself with a shoe fetish too! I wasn't at all interested in fancy shoes for the longest time but then started looking at them to compliment my outfit now I have 20+ pairs. Though that pales beside my friend who says she has over 100!
Amy

(06-20-2022, 06:09 PM)Suzy Wrote:
(06-20-2022, 03:43 PM)CanuckGirl Wrote: Marissa;
Amy

Hi - personally, I always buy my shoes while enfemme.  One place I love is Nordstrom’s by the Rack!  They have sizes up to 13 with great styles and are inexpensive!  Here I am a few weeks ago!  Hugs, Suzy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)