Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So this Happened this Morning....
Sunday, May 8, 2022, Mother's Day

I went out this morning to get some things for breakfast, went to the local shop mart, and as I was leaving, an older gentleman wished me 'Good Morning', I replied, and he followed up with "Happy Mother's day!"

I smiled and thanked him, and I've been soaring ever since!

Some of you may know, I dress full time, 24/7, and am a transwoman.  But getting affirmations like this, really makes me feel accepted in my community.

I'll tell you all that I am 6' tall, weigh 145 pounds, have size 12 (men's) feet and I KNOW I don't "pass" as a woman because I'm too tall, voice not up to spec, big-ass feet & hands.  But I do my best to minimize those defects.

BUT, let me tell you girls a secret:  "Passing" isn't ALL about size & appearance, but ATTITUDE!  Act like you belong, hold your head up, smile (especially at those who give you the side eye), and most importantly, be COMFORTABLE in your own skin.
Before you can love another, you HAVE to love yourself first
I aim to misbehave
(05-08-2022, 10:03 AM)JodieLynne Wrote: Sunday, May 8, 2022, Mother's Day

I went out this morning to get some things for breakfast, went to the local shop mart, and as I was leaving, an older gentleman wished me 'Good Morning', I replied, and he followed up with "Happy Mother's day!"

I smiled and thanked him, and I've been soaring ever since!

Some of you may know, I dress full time, 24/7, and am a transwoman.  But getting affirmations like this, really makes me feel accepted in my community.

I'll tell you all that I am 6' tall, weigh 145 pounds, have size 12 (men's) feet and I KNOW I don't "pass" as a woman because I'm too tall, voice not up to spec, big-ass feet & hands.  But I do my best to minimize those defects.

BUT, let me tell you girls a secret:  "Passing" isn't ALL about size & appearance, but ATTITUDE!  Act like you belong, hold your head up, smile (especially at those who give you the side eye), and most importantly, be COMFORTABLE in your own skin.

Congratulations Jodie! I so much agree with you about passing and attitude!
 Amy