Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings all
Hello everyone, wanted to introduce myself and hopefully get some feedback and recommendations. I am probably older than most of the ladies here at 65. I happened to be driving the other other day out of town and saw Janet's Closet. This really brought back a lot of memories for me and I did a quick turn around to check it out. About 10 years ago I was seeing a wonderful Domme. She liked to make me wear women's things, gradually taking me a little further each time we would meet. She kept telling me she was going to take me to Janet's and pick an outfit for me to wear. She wanted to doll me up and have me perform oral on a man for her. The idea both scared and excited me. Well sadly she passed before this could happen. I missed her very much and out of respect for her I never really pursued it any more and the idea gradually drifted from my head. But seeing Janet's Closet brought it all back to me and when I looked around in the store I could almost sense her there with me! I really am torn now, I really feel the urge to dress up and continue with what she started so many years ago, but have no idea how to proceed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you all in advance.
You've already taken your first steps. Walking in to Janet's and joinging this forum. When you get comfortable shopping around in Janet's it's like they pick up on it and are more than happy to help you out with any questions you may have. Just remember, there is no question that you could possibly ask that they haven't already heard before.
Reaching out on this website is also a great place to get idea's on what others are doing, thinking, wearing, etc..
I do a lot of shopping at Goodwill stores. Nobody really pays attention to who's shopping in what department, plus, for us "gently aged" customers, we don't have to be all embarrased or bashful while shopping through the womens department, lol.
Welcome to the forum, Shyguy.  My two cents, for what it's worth.  Was there anything in particular she made you dress up in that you really liked?  Any look that you preferred?  That may be a great place to begin.  I've only been dressing for a couple years.  It doesn't take long to really get into the flow of it.  So many different looks.  And, we are quite lucky these days to have so many resources available.  Everything from Janets', to, as Sally says, Goodwill and other outlets.  Just a couple thoughts.  Hope it helps, and I wish you the best on your re-discovery.
Wink   Dana
Welcome Shyguy, from a chick even older than you! Lol. I'm turned 68 in Oct, so don't worry about your age. I started experimenting with my Mom's clothes about 12 or so, but it wasn't till I was nearly your age that I really really got serious about dressing up. So don't worry about your age.
Great advice from the other girls who've already answered. Unfortunately I've got to Janet's but have bought from them online a few times. You are fortunate to live close enough to the store to be able to visit.
We are all nervous at first, but a store like Janet's would be the best place to shop, as this is what they are all about.

Thrift stores as was mentioned can be great places to shop, and to experiment with what you like and to figure out the fit too, but the sales folks at Janet's will be able to help you with that too.
This is a nice little community of accepting girls, so it doesn't matter where you are on your journey, you are accepted.
Amy
Welcome to the forums, Shyguy!

I hope that you find many new friends here, and learn some things as well!  Heart

I haven't been to Janet's in the flesh, but have made many on-line purchases, with no regrets.
Before you can love another, you HAVE to love yourself first
I aim to misbehave
(12-06-2021, 09:38 PM)slvspanties Wrote: You've already taken your first steps. Walking in to Janet's and joinging this forum. When you get comfortable shopping around in Janet's it's like they pick up on it and are more than happy to help you out with any questions you may have. Just remember, there is no question that you could possibly ask that they haven't already heard before.
Reaching out on this website is also a great place to get idea's on what others are doing, thinking, wearing, etc..
I do a lot of shopping at Goodwill stores. Nobody really pays attention to who's shopping in what department, plus, for us "gently aged" customers, we don't have to be all embarrased or bashful while shopping through the womens department, lol.

Thank you for the encouragement slvspanties. I do plan on visiting Janets closet again soon. the journey is scary, but also exciting!

(12-08-2021, 07:14 AM)boots66 Wrote: Welcome to the forum, Shyguy.  My two cents, for what it's worth.  Was there anything in particular she made you dress up in that you really liked?  Any look that you preferred?  That may be a great place to begin.  I've only been dressing for a couple years.  It doesn't take long to really get into the flow of it.  So many different looks.  And, we are quite lucky these days to have so many resources available.  Everything from Janets', to, as Sally says, Goodwill and other outlets.  Just a couple thoughts.  Hope it helps, and I wish you the best on your re-discovery.

(12-08-2021, 07:14 AM)boots66 Wrote: Welcome to the forum, Shyguy.  My two cents, for what it's worth.  Was there anything in particular she made you dress up in that you really liked?  Any look that you preferred?  That may be a great place to begin.  I've only been dressing for a couple years.  It doesn't take long to really get into the flow of it.  So many different looks.  And, we are quite lucky these days to have so many resources available.  Everything from Janets', to, as Sally says, Goodwill and other outlets.  Just a couple thoughts.  Hope it helps, and I wish you the best on your re-discovery.

Thank you so much for your input boots66. I do have a lot to think about.

(12-08-2021, 03:21 PM)CanuckGirl Wrote: Welcome Shyguy, from a chick even older than you! Lol. I'm turned 68 in Oct, so don't worry about your age. I started experimenting with my Mom's clothes about 12 or so, but it wasn't till I was nearly your age that I really really got serious about dressing up. So don't worry about your age.
Great advice from the other girls who've already answered. Unfortunately I've got to Janet's but have bought from them online a few times. You are fortunate to live close enough to the store to be able to visit.
We are all nervous at first, but a store like Janet's would be the best place to shop, as this is what they are all about.

Thrift stores as was mentioned can be great places to shop, and to experiment with what you like and to figure out the fit too, but the sales folks at Janet's will be able to help you with that too.
This is a nice little community of accepting girls, so it doesn't matter where you are on your journey, you are accepted.
Amy

Thank you Amy, very encouraging to learn that there are others my age who have these feelings. Hugs!

(12-08-2021, 03:52 PM)JodieLynne Wrote: Welcome to the forums, Shyguy!

I hope that you find many new friends here, and learn some things as well!  Heart

I haven't been to Janet's in the flesh, but have made many on-line purchases, with no regrets.

JodieLnne, Thank you for the nice response. I see you are a moderator? Is it ok to send you an email with a few questions? 

Hugs
(12-10-2021, 08:17 AM)shyguy1956 Wrote: JodieLnne, Thank you for the nice response. I see you are a moderator? Is it ok to send you an email with a few questions? 

Hugs

Go right ahead, and ask away!
(12-10-2021, 08:17 AM)shyguy1956 Wrote: JodieLnne, Thank you for the nice response. I see you are a moderator? Is it ok to send you an email with a few questions? 

Hugs
Before you can love another, you HAVE to love yourself first
I aim to misbehave
I am close to mid 60's myself and I love crossdressing now more than ever. I have a tiny body, shaved body daily. My only issue is I am married and she don't know and I can only dress when she is gone or in the summer I will take my clothes, go dress somewhere and take walks in the park. Feels so good.
Welcome to forum. I have been away from this for awhile but think I will start checking in more often.
Shoot me a privat message if you choose to chat more.
Lorren

And by the way, the staff at Janet's are the best and don't be shy. Go in, brouse around and they will help you without judging you. Go for it gurl, you will love it, I know I do.
Lorren
Lorren
Finally got up the courage to post a pic

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-29-2022, 05:28 PM)shyguy1956 Wrote: Finally got up the courage to post a pic

Looking good there! Glad you finally posted a picture. I hope you've had some time to dress up of late. There is nothing like the feeling of getting well dressed up in whatever lingerie you like, and then clothes you like on top. Well that's if you want to wear something over your lingerie!
Amy