Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, new here
Hello all! TW for certain things that I lack the vocabulary to name

So I'm in my early 40's and have been a crossdresser for most of my post puberty life, though I hadn't gone full throttle with it until my early 30's when I finally moved far away from relatives who were always very conservative (of the black and southern variety). I wanna say it was mostly for my own sexual arousal, except after I had the freedom to lounge around in femme clothes all day, I did, and found a general comfort in it, though most of said attire has been rather slutty so I'm not sure what that says about me, but I digress. I've had to purge a few times, but the last time last September was the worst in the way that 1) I hadn't had to purge in maybe 4 years, so I had to part with outfits and underwear that I really liked, and 2) the circumstances that led to said purge were such that I haven't been able to safely/comfortably own or purchase any article of femme attire...... until now.

The last few weeks I'd been window shopping online and found this place and was surprised (in a good way) that it's in metro Detroit. I'm a Detroit native and have been all around the country (as well as lived abroad for a short time, but that's neither here nor there), and am glad to have something to point to that says metro Detroit isn't the literal hell for queer people that myself and others have known it to be over the years. There's some red vinyl boots and a white waist slimming top that I have to have, and I guess I'll have to go on Fort St in person to get as I doubt the boots would fit in my PO Box. 

Now for the thorny part...

I read Janet's testimonial and have to admit, I was initially offended that she made a point to mention that the man who laughed at her was black, but immediately corrected myself into recognizing that it is her trauma (and obviously her site) and can tell it how she dang well pleases. But also, as a black man (or a black egg, I'm still trying to figure out) born and raised in the deepest pits of black conservative hell, that detail did add some context. It's really messed up, our conditions as black people, and not to take *anything* away from Janet's trauma, but I'd just like to invite anyone reading this to ask yourself, if that man found himself comfortable enough to do what he did in an open mall, what would he do/has he done to trans women or crossdressers of his own race, in what I guess you could call the "privacy" of his own conservative community where there were no cameras? 

It's that sort of community that I've had to keep my tendencies hidden from, and I guess my sometimes overly masculine appearance and demeanor has helped me in the past, though my workouts tend to have my legs and hind parts a bit thicker than your average cis man's in recent years. 

All that said, after the last 13 months or so being subjected to the most masculine expectations society has to offer, I'm going all out from now on. Life is way too short for all that bullshit. I'll be in the store to get my red knee highs soon, and hopefully there'll be a matching red, cheeky one piece bikini in stock for me also (haven't seen any online, and most other places' seem a bit narrow around the front parts, but anyway) see y'all around!
Update: Just ordered a cheeky red one piece to match those boots I'll be getting, along with 2 other different color ones.

Yeah this is gonna be my largest and sluttiest femme wardrobe by far and wide. May need to rent a locker. Also gonna need another wig or too. Also makeup. Thankfully my usual facial hair is minimal and short and only needs a day or two to grow back.
Sandra welcome to Janet's Closet and the forum. I hope you find the girls here supportive, understanding and accepting without judgement. Since I have become part of this community of sister's (cd,tv,transgendered) I have been making some awesome, aquaintances, close friends, playmates and lovers.
Hugs and Kisses
Lynn
Welcome to the forums Sandra, we're glad to have you here. And there are a lot of girls here who can relate to your backstory of hiding & purging. I'm so glad that you've taken the step to live your true self, even if only part of the time.
Before you can love another, you HAVE to love yourself first
I aim to misbehave
Welcome to the forum, Sandra! There are some great girls to chat with and become friends with, even if it's mainly online.

Amy
(10-22-2021, 12:45 PM)Sandra Howard Wrote: Hello all! TW for certain things that I lack the vocabulary to name

So I'm in my early 40's and have been a crossdresser for most of my post puberty life, though I hadn't gone full throttle with it until my early 30's when I finally moved far away from relatives who were always very conservative (of the black and southern variety). I wanna say it was mostly for my own sexual arousal, except after I had the freedom to lounge around in femme clothes all day, I did, and found a general comfort in it, though most of said attire has been rather slutty so I'm not sure what that says about me, but I digress. I've had to purge a few times, but the last time last September was the worst in the way that 1) I hadn't had to purge in maybe 4 years, so I had to part with outfits and underwear that I really liked, and 2) the circumstances that led to said purge were such that I haven't been able to safely/comfortably own or purchase any article of femme attire...... until now.

The last few weeks I'd been window shopping online and found this place and was surprised (in a good way) that it's in metro Detroit. I'm a Detroit native and have been all around the country (as well as lived abroad for a short time, but that's neither here nor there), and am glad to have something to point to that says metro Detroit isn't the literal hell for queer people that myself and others have known it to be over the years. There's some red vinyl boots and a white waist slimming top that I have to have, and I guess I'll have to go on Fort St in person to get as I doubt the boots would fit in my PO Box. 

Now for the thorny part...

I read Janet's testimonial and have to admit, I was initially offended that she made a point to mention that the man who laughed at her was black, but immediately corrected myself into recognizing that it is her trauma (and obviously her site) and can tell it how she dang well pleases. But also, as a black man (or a black egg, I'm still trying to figure out) born and raised in the deepest pits of black conservative hell, that detail did add some context. It's really messed up, our conditions as black people, and not to take *anything* away from Janet's trauma, but I'd just like to invite anyone reading this to ask yourself, if that man found himself comfortable enough to do what he did in an open mall, what would he do/has he done to trans women or crossdressers of his own race, in what I guess you could call the "privacy" of his own conservative community where there were no cameras? 

It's that sort of community that I've had to keep my tendencies hidden from, and I guess my sometimes overly masculine appearance and demeanor has helped me in the past, though my workouts tend to have my legs and hind parts a bit thicker than your average cis man's in recent years. 

All that said, after the last 13 months or so being subjected to the most masculine expectations society has to offer, I'm going all out from now on. Life is way too short for all that bullshit. I'll be in the store to get my red knee highs soon, and hopefully there'll be a matching red, cheeky one piece bikini in stock for me also (haven't seen any online, and most other places' seem a bit narrow around the front parts, but anyway) see y'all around!

Welcome to Janet's Closet Forum.  You will find this a safe place for chat of any kind.  Also please post some pictures so that we can get to know you better.  If you are looking for a safe place in Detroit to go dressed I suggest Adams Apple on West Warren a couple blocks west of the Southfield Freeway.  I am in Florida for the winter and hope we can chat a couple of times over the winter.  Other sources for you are TGDetroit.com, Facebook has several Detroit girls on it as well as Instagram..  Also Fetlife.com has a huge CD/TV/TG community.  You will find me on all the above.  Jump in and join in on the Detroit LGBTQ+ community and make lots of friends.  I look forward to chatting with you.

Just an old CD
Hugs, Bernice  Heart