Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey All!!
This is Dani from Dallas where I just moved. I was in Florida, but family matters required it. I am really new to crossdressing even though I dabbled on and off for years so I am like a lost puppy (especially in the belt buckle of the bible belt!). I understand some, and have some of my sizes figured out but what I do not know outweighs what I do know so the many severely outweighs the few (or the one)(ST anyone?). Any way I am all ears when it comes to help so if anyone is bored I am here waiting...

Thanks for your time, 
Dani
Good luck Dani when you figure it out let me know. I think woman's clothing is so inconsistent especially the things coming out of China. All I can say is check the size charts if shopping online or catalogue. Best bet try things on and/or purchase from stores you can return things easily if you don't fit into it.

Janet's Closet has a sizing chart/system that indicates everything they sell is inspected to match their system of sizing. The biggest problem I have is that my body doesn't have the same curves in the same places as a cis woman. Therefore I don't know what to think sight unseen if I haven't tried it on. My wide shoulders and long arms mess up wearing tops or dresses with long sleeves. Forget form fitting dresses or those with attached belt loops or a belt included. Also at 5', 11" my inseam isn't always easy to match up with pants and jeans.
Hugs and Kisses
Lynn
(09-12-2021, 09:27 PM)Lynn Wrote: Good luck Dani when you figure it out let me know. I think woman's clothing is so inconsistent especially the things coming out of China. All I can say is check the size charts if shopping online or catalogue. Best bet try things on and/or purchase from stores you can return things easily if you don't fit into it.

Janet's Closet has a sizing chart/system that indicates everything they sell is inspected to match their system of sizing. The biggest problem I have is that my body doesn't have the same curves in the same places as a cis woman. Therefore I don't know what to think sight unseen if I haven't tried it on. My wide shoulders and long arms mess up wearing tops or dresses with long sleeves. Forget form fitting dresses or those with attached belt loops or a belt included. Also at 5', 11" my inseam isn't always easy to match up with pants and jeans.

Yea I have already ran into all that... I am almost 6' and 180 and like a block, so most of what I have had to buy so far is looser than I like but its the way it is... Also, I love the charts here they REALLY help!!
(09-12-2021, 04:13 PM)Dani Wrote: This is Dani from Dallas where I just moved. I was in Florida, but family matters required it. I am really new to crossdressing even though I dabbled on and off for years so I am like a lost puppy (especially in the belt buckle of the bible belt!). I understand some, and have some of my sizes figured out but what I do not know outweighs what I do know so the many severely outweighs the few (or the one)(ST anyone?). Any way I am all ears when it comes to help so if anyone is bored I am here waiting...

Thanks for your time, 
Dani
Hi Dani and welcome! One thing that helps me is stretchy clothing. 90/95% cotton and then spandex or something like that. You can get corsets that go under your clothing. Or over if it fits what your wherein. I like getting shoes from Janet's because you can order your size and so far it's worked for me. A measuring tape is a must as well as knowing where to measure. For instance I wear my jeans on my hips so the waist size on them I would use with the size of my hips. I believe with bra's the first number is the circumference of your chest. We're all different so there will be some trial and error with your specific body. On top of all that you have clothing made in other countries and there measuring system is different and if you dont find out the difference you can be screwed. In a bad way. The good news is you should be able to find out what you need to on line. It's a process but it does get easier as time goes by. Hope some of that helps and your having a great day.  Heart Smile
(09-13-2021, 09:17 AM)jonnybottom68 Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 04:13 PM)Dani Wrote: This is Dani from Dallas where I just moved. I was in Florida, but family matters required it. I am really new to crossdressing even though I dabbled on and off for years so I am like a lost puppy (especially in the belt buckle of the bible belt!). I understand some, and have some of my sizes figured out but what I do not know outweighs what I do know so the many severely outweighs the few (or the one)(ST anyone?). Any way I am all ears when it comes to help so if anyone is bored I am here waiting...

Thanks for your time, 
Dani
Hi Dani and welcome! One thing that helps me is stretchy clothing. 90/95% cotton and then spandex or something like that. You can get corsets that go under your clothing. Or over if it fits what your wherein. I like getting shoes from Janet's because you can order your size and so far it's worked for me. A measuring tape is a must as well as knowing where to measure. For instance I wear my jeans on my hips so the waist size on them I would use with the size of my hips. I believe with bra's the first number is the circumference of your chest. We're all different so there will be some trial and error with your specific body. On top of all that you have clothing made in other countries and there measuring system is different and if you dont find out the difference you can be screwed. In a bad way. The good news is you should be able to find out what you need to on line. It's a process but it does get easier as time goes by. Hope some of that helps and your having a great day.  Heart Smile

Thanks so much ladies for the help... Yea I have some things figured out, and shoe thing is a BIG plus... lucky for me I have small feet for a guy (8.5) so that will make it easier (I hope) and the waist tip is good too because I tried on some pants based on what I read and you would think I was going crabbing... Hugs to you all!!!

Dani

Thanks for your time, 
Dani

Welcome Dani! It seems once one is bitten with the crossdressing bug you have it for life, though you might go in and out of dressing up at times. I know I did, and for ages didn't even miss it, but now I don't think I shall ever stop.

One other comment which I'll make. If you feel it waning and get the urge to purge, find a place to stash your things, at least your favs, as for sure the urge, no need will return.

The suggestions about sizing are really good. Many times the site will give you the mixture of material in a given fabric, and even a few percent spandex , like 5 or less, will give it some stretch which might make the difference between fitting and not,

You may PM me if you want to chat anytime,
 Amy
(09-18-2021, 03:39 PM)CanuckGirl Wrote:

Thanks for your time, 
Dani

Welcome Dani! It seems once one is bitten with the crossdressing bug you have it for life, though you might go in and out of dressing up at times. I know I did, and for ages didn't even miss it, but now I don't think I shall ever stop.

One other comment which I'll make. If you feel it waning and get the urge to purge, find a place to stash your things, at least your favs, as for sure the urge, no need will return.

The suggestions about sizing are really good. Many times the site will give you the mixture of material in a given fabric, and even a few percent spandex , like 5 or less, will give it some stretch which might make the difference between fitting and not,

Amy

Thanks for the reply Amy... I love it so much and saddened I waited so long since I knew for YEARS I wanted this... I do feel like a fish out of water, but at least i took the plunge and shaved my legs and chest!!! Thats a BIG STEP for me... I do appreciate your support and that of all the girls here and look forward to learning.... yes... makeup!!! lol
(09-18-2021, 03:43 PM)Dani Wrote:
(09-18-2021, 03:39 PM)CanuckGirl Wrote:

Thanks for your time, 
Dani

Amy

Thanks for the reply Amy... I love it so much and saddened I waited so long since I knew for YEARS I wanted this... I do feel like a fish out of water, but at least i took the plunge and shaved my legs and chest!!! Thats a BIG STEP for me... I do appreciate your support and that of all the girls here and look forward to learning.... yes... makeup!!! lol

Thanks Dani!
 I did too, though I've dressed on and off most of my life and I'm 68 now, it was only 3 or 4 years ago I finally went all in as it were. However for decades before that I had thought about how nice it might be to shave my beard, and legs too and get properly dressed up, but I was too scared to try. Now I think of all those years I missed out on.

Wow... So I am not alone.... thanks for that look into your life luv!