Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A New Dress (to me that is)
Well girls, I'm such a shopaholic, I have two new dresses, and do I need new dresses, of course not, but Oh My I always pretty new things to wear. However this thread is just about one of them, the nicer one, I'll make another post about the other one.

There's a local thrift store at which I've shopped at quite a number of times over the last few years, always in drab though. One day last Fall the owner, a 50-60 yr old lady, said when I came up to cash out the couple of items I wanted to by, "Well are you going to try them on?".
 A challenge and a test, of course so I just said, that's a good idea! Then proceeded to do so. She then said, well they look way better on you, than me!
 A younger woman, her daughter I think, was sitting having lunch with her looked so totally flabbergasted!

Later I went in as Amy, why not at that point, and she very much appreciated seeing me femme. She then mentioned there's about four other men who also shop for women's clothes there too.

I'd seen this particular dress a few times and had always liked it and decided to give it a go. The store was quiet, so I said I want to try this on, she directly me to a fitting room, the fit was good, so I gave her the price of $8., plus a small donation to our lovely gov't.

The label is Le Chateau, a chain noted for it's fashionable clothes which I've managed to snag a few of.

Being strapless one of the concerns was that it be able to cover my forms properly if I were to wear it out, which it seems to. Like all of the other Le Chateau dresses I have this is a comfort and a delight to wear. Now I need an event to wear to! The lace bolero I bought from the same chain and I like it as it helps to hide my somewhat manly shoulders.
Amy

Lovely dress Amy it is very flattering and you wear it well
OMG - beautiful! Great choice! AND great story of acceptance from the gal working the thrift store!
(01-25-2023, 06:17 PM)CanuckGirl Wrote: Well girls, I'm such a shopaholic, I have two new dresses, and do I need new dresses, of course not, but Oh My I always pretty new things to wear. However this thread is just about one of them, the nicer one, I'll make another post about the other one.

There's a local thrift store at which I've shopped at quite a number of times over the last few years, always in drab though. One day last Fall the owner, a 50-60 yr old lady, said when I came up to cash out the couple of items I wanted to by, "Well are you going to try them on?".
 A challenge and a test, of course so I just said, that's a good idea! Then proceeded to do so. She then said, well they look way better on you, than me!
 A younger woman, her daughter I think, was sitting having lunch with her looked so totally flabbergasted!

Later I went in as Amy, why not at that point, and she very much appreciated seeing me femme. She then mentioned there's about four other men who also shop for women's clothes there too.

I'd seen this particular dress a few times and had always liked it and decided to give it a go. The store was quiet, so I said I want to try this on, she directly me to a fitting room, the fit was good, so I gave her the price of $8., plus a small donation to our lovely gov't.

The label is Le Chateau, a chain noted for it's fashionable clothes which I've managed to snag a few of.

Being strapless one of the concerns was that it be able to cover my forms properly if I were to wear it out, which it seems to. Like all of the other Le Chateau dresses I have this is a comfort and a delight to wear. Now I need an event to wear to! The lace bolero I bought from the same chain and I like it as it helps to hide my somewhat manly shoulders.
Amy

Cute dress Amy!  Looks great on you!  Suzy
(01-25-2023, 08:34 PM)erin Wrote: Lovely dress Amy it is very flattering and you wear it well

Thank you Erin!

(01-26-2023, 09:39 AM)Heather Smith Wrote: OMG - beautiful!  Great choice!  AND great story of acceptance from the gal working the thrift store!

Thank you very much Heather! I appreciate it!
 Amy

(01-26-2023, 11:10 AM)Suzy Wrote:
(01-25-2023, 06:17 PM)CanuckGirl Wrote: Well girls, I'm such a shopaholic, I have two new dresses, and do I need new dresses, of course not, but Oh My I always pretty new things to wear. However this thread is just about one of them, the nicer one, I'll make another post about the other one.

Amy

Cute dress Amy!  Looks great on you!  Suzy

Thank you Suzy! I hope to wear it out sometime in the not too distant future, if I do, I'll try to get some pics to post here.
 Amy