Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello :)
Hey, Fran!  Welcome to Janet's!

I know what you're going through - been there most of my life.  Although, I've never had a steady girlfriend in the mix.  I myself am probably leaning towards being gay (I am what you may call "questioning".)

What I can say is that I have found help and support through an LGBTQ Community Center about 40-mins from where I live.  Our Center has peer-support groups that meet. I go to the Men's (Gay) group and the Transgender group.  Being around Transgender People is a big help in me dealing with my cross-dressing.

It's never easy to keep a big secret like this from your loved ones.  I'm pushing 50 and my family & friends still don't know.  At some point, I am going to have to tell them because keeping the secret, and having so limited access to what I feel inside I want to do, is affecting my mental and physical health.  But I've been dealing with this for many years.  Hardest thing that any Trans person (from "closet  cross-dressers" to Transsexuals) is the fear of rejection and loss of loved ones when and if they find out.  Unfortunately, out of all the LGBTQ Community, Transgender People have the highest rate of suicide in the community.   I am grateful and so thankful I have "The Loft" LGBTQ Community Center.

Don't mean to be a downer - just sharing my own experience.  LGBTQ Community Centers are a great refuge.  There may even be specifically a Transgender facility in your area you can go to.  I think that NY City has one that (for a fee) you can join and they have lockers for one to store their "Femme Stuff" so you don't need to keep them hidden at home.  Things to research in your area.

BTW, you look FABULOUS in those pics!
~ Maria
HeartT.G.I.F. (Thank Goodness I'm Femme!) 

"Loneliness, a constant friend and lover I know well..."
('One Step Closer' by Asia)

Messages In This Thread
Hello :) - by Fran082 - 04-04-2019, 09:13 PM
RE: Hello :) - by MichelleL - 04-05-2019, 06:03 AM
RE: Hello :) - by Fran082 - 04-08-2019, 07:17 PM
RE: Hello :) - by LM-Maria - 04-05-2019, 06:26 AM
RE: Hello :) - by Anne - 04-05-2019, 07:19 AM
RE: Hello :) - by Slutboy57 - 02-05-2020, 12:44 PM