Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Still Here, Still Around!
Hi Maria,
I'm so jelly of you.  I've never gotten compliments on my nails.  Very nice gurl.

Speaking to your situation at the Rite Aid.  Would it help if you bought your cosmetics at the Walmart or Target?  Both have the self check kiosks so if your fear stemmed from having a checker scanning your stuff as you are waiting to pay, you can avoid that whole scenario with the self check kiosks at Walmart and Target.  Plus, Walmart and Target will have the same cosmetics as Rite Aid.

The first time I bought cosmetics, I had the same fear as you.  I felt like the whole world was watching me.  It wasn't.  I recall how I would briskly swoop through the cosmetic section at Walmart and randomly grab lipstick and other things based on the color I was seeing.  I went through the self check and got home to look at my purchases.  Some things I liked.  Other items I was somewhat disappointed because it was not the exact cosmetic I wanted.  I realized that in my haste to avoid a mistaken perception that the world was watching me, I only hurt myself.  At that point, I experienced a sea change in attitude and I said to myself that no one really gives a damn what I am doing at the store.  For all they know, I could be buying per a shopping list that my SO gave me.

I'm wondering if you might be trying to get too many things at one time.  Would it help to build up your confidence if you only went to the cosmetics section with the purpose of buying one thing only?  Go to the hair removal section and do take a little time.  If a worker approaches you to ask if you need help, please just know that their purpose/their job is to help the customer.  They are not there to judge you.  You can use as a built in excuse..."Gee my girl friend asked me to get her a hair removal item and I forgot to take a picture of it so I'm looking these over to see if I recognize it."  That worker might make a suggestion or two....they probably will say "Ok, let me know if I can help with anything" and they move along.  So you get your item, go to the self check....done.   I know you can do this.   And you don't have to drive two counties away to do it too.  I know you can do this.  Please let us know how your experience goes because I know you want to do this.
Heart 
Anne

Messages In This Thread
Still Here, Still Around! - by LM-Maria - 03-20-2019, 05:36 PM
RE: Still Here, Still Around! - by JodieLynne - 03-20-2019, 05:58 PM
RE: Still Here, Still Around! - by MichelleL - 03-20-2019, 05:59 PM
RE: Still Here, Still Around! - by LM-Maria - 03-25-2019, 12:39 PM
RE: Still Here, Still Around! - by Anne - 03-26-2019, 06:11 AM
RE: Still Here, Still Around! - by LM-Maria - 04-04-2019, 08:45 PM
RE: Still Here, Still Around! - by MichelleL - 04-05-2019, 05:58 AM
RE: Still Here, Still Around! - by Anne - 04-05-2019, 06:46 AM
RE: Still Here, Still Around! - by LM-Maria - 04-08-2019, 11:53 AM