Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHOPPING AT GOOD WILL
HAY GIRLS,,,  I GOT UP EARLY THE OTHER DAY AND WENT TO GOODWILL !!!! THE STORE WAS PRETTY EMPTY SO I WAS IN MY GUY CLOTHES ,,,, I BOUGHT 2 MINI SKIRTS AND 2 TOPS !!! TOOK THEM IN TO DRESSING ROOM TO TRY ON ,,,, GOOD FIT !!!! THEN PICKED OUT SOME COSTUME JEWERLY !!!!! NO ONE SEEMED TO LOOK OR CARE !!!! I SPENT A WHOLE 14.00 !!!!! WHAT A DEAL !!! SO IF YOU WANT A DEAL TRY GOODWILL !!!!!
I have shopped at Goodwill many times, and a lot of other stores. The really interesting thing is that your experience is the same as mine, no one seems to mind or care, even other shoppers. So I am no longer deterred by worry of my acceptance.
Amy
I've shopped at Goodwill many times myself. Like you, I love being able to surf the shelves and not have anyone give me a second look. I also love the low prices they have on everything. I've only had a few times when it's been a male working the register that they made comments on the shoes if I was purchasing them. Obviously, they were my size. I just went along with their joking and paid my bill.
I would agree with the assessment that no one pays much attention. I shop several thrift stores in my part of town when I can.

I have a good come back line for you if you get funny looks, a comment or something shopping in guy mode. I always say it is for my wife and I am glad she didn't send me shopping for feminine hygine stuff this time because I hate getting those for her. I usually get a laugh from that and everything goes smoothly. 

The thrift stores are very economical places to buy good clothing to build your wardrobe. However be prepare to visit regularly because it is first come first to find the things since they are single size of any particular item. The popular (larger sizes I wear) get snapped up quickly.
Hugs and Kisses
Lynn