Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wig Holders
    Made some wig racks using  empty water jugs.  Fastened the jugs onto some scrap wood- and now have places for the wigs. Saved $ on foam or wire holders.  Trip to the GW store resulted in finding two Really Nice see-thru Blouses. One is Black w/silver threads. Other is Multicolor Green/Brown/Black. Just Love how my Bras show thru these!! Not bad ,for one buck each! CD on a budget. Now hafta decide which ones to wear!  Blessings...Toni  G.
Creative use of water jugs!
Smart and creative idea! Dunno what level you are when it comes to your creativity of improvisations, but this idea you came up with would be alot like something i would come up with myself. I am like Mcguyver if you will. I keep all of my wigs in plastic storage bags to keep them clean and nice. I bought one of Janet's foam head wig holders last year. All i need is one and use it to hold what ever wig i wanna wear for brushing it before putting it on. Works great and is easier/better doing the bulk of the brushing on said foam head than while wearing the wig.

Tnx, Tiffany. The three-place rack goes on the top shelf in the closet w/bags over them. Their style says "1985" and have used them for photos. The one I actually use is the Blk/Gry short wig on the top left in the photo. My "style " is grandma anyway. The one foam head I have (Mildred) is part of one of my Jewelry Display fixtures, so don't use it for wigs anymore. As for craftiness-45 yrs in aerospace mfg as machinist and assembler. Make what I need.. Craft my own jewelry iitems, and built the displays they sit on. Repair or modify my own Shoes. The Black Platforms that I like had "cork" on the heel and platform. They are all-black now-thanks to coats of enamel paint. Have decorated purses,wallets,and eyeglass cases. Even my mirror that will travel in my purse nxt wk has "paint" on it to help me see which edge of it opens! Half-blind! Now.. IF I could just be able to draw my brows evenly!?! Smile Blessings... Toni G.