Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on hair removal
Hi Gigi,
I have started posting my experience on the laser treatment I am going through for my face and neck.  I have a separate posting for this in the Janets Lounge forum.  I just completed my second treatment yesterday Wednesday and I am encouraged by what I am experiencing after only two treatments.  My sideburn area and side of face are feeling smoother.  The laser tech said that I will really notice the difference after the 4th treatment when I will significantly lose much of my moustache hair and beard (meaning no more beard/moustache shadow when I apply my makeup...yea!!!).  I was advised that it will take 7 to 10 treatments to totally eliminate all hair PERMANENTLY.   My total cost for all this lasering is $2,170.00   Yes it is expensive but so worth it to me.  I have no idea what it will cost to laser a chest.  I go to Milan Laser Hair Removal.  I believe they have offices all over the US.  Their consultation is free and definitely worthwhile but I would think any laser place's consultation is free but best to ask up front.  I am even contemplating doing my chest as well.  Because of skin pigmentation, laser treatment does not work on Latinos or Blacks.  They told me in the consultation to do NO TANNING BOOTHS or TANNING OUTSIDE.  Otherwise you will impede the laser process.  Also, I am an older gurl at 61 years of age.  I have some grey hair.  The laser process will not work on grey/white hair.  There has to be hair pigmentation within the hair follicle.  I was told this and so I knew this going forward.  I have plenty of dark hair to make the laser process worthwhile to me.  But I will probably seek out electrolysis after the lasering is done so I can remove those remaining grey hairs on my chin.
Heart 
Anne

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts on hair removal - by Gigi - 12-19-2016, 12:37 PM
RE: Thoughts on hair removal - by JodieLynne - 01-03-2017, 08:12 PM
RE: Thoughts on hair removal - by Jenna AZ - 12-19-2017, 11:35 AM
RE: Thoughts on hair removal - by Toni G. - 12-19-2017, 04:12 PM
RE: Thoughts on hair removal - by Anne - 11-29-2018, 08:31 AM
RE: Thoughts on hair removal - by Cynthia8s - 05-10-2019, 01:09 PM
RE: Thoughts on hair removal - by MichelleL - 05-10-2019, 06:45 PM
RE: Thoughts on hair removal - by Davina Stone - 05-11-2019, 09:20 AM
RE: Thoughts on hair removal - by Anne - 05-11-2019, 10:45 AM