Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on hair removal
@Gigi:

Hmmm...i dunno if i can be of much help but it looks as if you have a sensitive skin issue. Perhaps applying balm or some kind of cream to your chest area after shaving will eliminate the razor bumps and redness. What kind of stuff to apply is unknown to me, but have heard about it back in the days when i shaved my face\neck with a razor. Razor blades are NEVER kind to my neck region. After shaving with blades from my teens to mid 20's, i switched to an electric shaver and now my neck doesn't look like i was shaving blind folded and while intoxicated lol.

In my mind 20's, i started shaving my body with a blade and was murder on my legs. My legs were AMAZINGLY perfect, with the exception of a couple nicks, but ONLY for 24 hours. After the 24 hour mark, well...they started looking like something out of a horror movie lol. And that lasted for a couple weeks. When i shave with a blade, i go AGAINST the hairs. Sure, the shave it closer but later can cause problems as the hair grows out. In my case, not good.

I am not into waxing for 2 reasons. One, i am not a full-time or even a part-time CD and two, that's a bit painful lol. Sure it's worth it, but i will pass.  I don't shave my body on a regular basis, prefer being a guy like 95% of the time. Waaaaaay too much maintenance to be feminine on a daily basis.

Though my legs are very sensitive to a blade, like my neck, surprisingly i have had no issues on any of my transformation outings of 2016. It all really depends on the skin type of the person, what products are used for shaving, and how the method of shaving is performed. When i shaved my legs, and body, before heading out for my transformation, i would always use a BRAND NEW HIGH QUALITY blade and women's gel shaving cream...the good stuff. Before i even shave, i use a hair trimmer with a setting of 0 to buzz off the long hairs then i proceed with shaving. When i shave, i do my VERY BEST on every shave with 1 PASS! Two or more passes can definitely lead to irritation issues i.e. razor bumps\redness\etc. In the 1 pass, i always go against the hairs to get as close as possible. And even after the 24 hour mark, my legs are fine. So obviously, i am doing something right. Also, rinse the blade after EVERY single pass and DO NOT RUSH IT!

Don't skimp on quality when it comes to shaving products. Buy that expensive blade, NOT disposable. Avoid using foam shaving cream, get the BEST and most expensive high quality women's GEL shaving cream that provides the highest lubrication. Trying to recall from memory, i think i used s... ..kin/\tim?at'e's (coded) brand gel shaving cream and i think i used Gilllllll et%te M(a)ch 3 or 4 (coded) blades.

If you are looking for something more permanent, there is always electrolysis or laser. It is an expensive process, but it is permanent. You could try using an electric shaver, see how that works for you. I have personally never tried it, not interested. If you decide using an electric shaver on your body, use a hair trimmer, setting 0, to buzz down the hairs to an acceptable length before using the shaver.

Understand that what I have stated that works for me, MAY NOT work for you. You can give it a shot and see how it turns out for you. If the information I have provided (paragraph’s 4 and 5) really does work for you, as it does for me, then great!

Princess Tiffany Heart

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts on hair removal - by Gigi - 12-19-2016, 12:37 PM
RE: Thoughts on hair removal - by Princess Tiffany - 01-03-2017, 11:10 AM
RE: Thoughts on hair removal - by JodieLynne - 01-03-2017, 08:12 PM
RE: Thoughts on hair removal - by Jenna AZ - 12-19-2017, 11:35 AM
RE: Thoughts on hair removal - by Toni G. - 12-19-2017, 04:12 PM
RE: Thoughts on hair removal - by Anne - 11-29-2018, 08:31 AM
RE: Thoughts on hair removal - by Cynthia8s - 05-10-2019, 01:09 PM
RE: Thoughts on hair removal - by MichelleL - 05-10-2019, 06:45 PM
RE: Thoughts on hair removal - by Davina Stone - 05-11-2019, 09:20 AM
RE: Thoughts on hair removal - by Anne - 05-11-2019, 10:45 AM