Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One small step.... One Giant Leap
Thank you all for the well wishes and support!

I've been living as a woman, 24/7, since March of 2020 when I was laid off from my job due to Covid. I was applying for jobs as 'Jodie', and was hired by a company in July. The majority of employees (and the Management! ) accept me as 'her', although there are a couple of guys who refer to me with masculine labels, such as 'buddy', 'bro' and whatnot. I try not to get pissy about it, but it DOES sting.

On the plus side, the majority of female employees accept me as a woman, and even include me in 'girls only' talks! Smile

And many of them ask me intelligent questions about my journey, although I welcome ALL questions about being transgender. AND, a lot of the guys at work treat me as a woman, helping me with things and generally being gentlemen. Smile In fact, just the other day, one of the guys saw me struggling to move a heavy pallet of product, literally, lifted me out of the way, and did what I was trying to do, effortlessly! I thanked him profusely, and he said 'no problem' as he gave me a hug!

The biggest thing I've discovered is that I don't have to COMPETE with guys.....I don't have to get into "who's stronger", "who's best" with guys. I can allow myself to stand by as the boys beat their chest's, and huff and grunt to show their strength. I just have to stand there, blush, and compliment them on their strength as I thank them for helping a mere woman! Wink
Before you can love another, you HAVE to love yourself first
I aim to misbehave

Messages In This Thread
One small step.... One Giant Leap - by JodieLynne - 01-22-2021, 03:45 PM
RE: One small step.... One Giant Leap - by JodieLynne - 01-24-2021, 06:36 PM
RE: One small step.... One Giant Leap - by Tami - 02-02-2021, 05:29 PM