Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The View From The Other Side
A kind of funny thing I've noticed, and wondering if anyone else has....

Prior to the Covid 19 lockdown, I enjoyed many outings as Jodie, with friends. We'd go to parties, or clubs, restaurants, or shopping, often in mixed groups (GG's, girls, guys ).  As a bit of background, I am active in an LGBT+ PRIDE group, and am actually a member of the Board.  In my past, I was a member of Law Enforcement in NYC, and have a background in criminal law.

On a couple of occasions, I learned, firsthand, what women have gone through for ages. 

It began at a diner, after a PRIDE meeting, when about 20 people gathered to socialize and enjoy each others company. There were several T-girls, a few Lesbians, gay men, and a few Bi- men and women. The venue is VERY LGBT+ friendly, and is a meeting spot for folks under the umbrella.

The conversation turned to "what to do if you are out, dressed and get pulled over/ run into a check point".  When I presented my opinion on what to do, about 2 sentences in, I was steamrolled by a man who presented his opinion.  I again attempted to explain my position, and was again interrupted by another man, who then 'mansplained' the law to me. 

I was just about to retort, when one of the GG's tapped me on the arm and whispered "NOW you see what women have to go through" with a grin.

I was gobsmacked! Out of all the people at the table, I was THE expert on law, but was being lectured to by a man, because, obviously, I was a woman who 'just couldn't understand' the complex issues!

I'm not saying that I'm 100% passable, but a lot of people have told me that they see me as 100% female. And I have to say that as annoying as it was, I was pleased to be accepted, by the men, as a woman.

SO, has anyone else experienced the down side of presenting as a woman? Or have stories of the plus side of presenting as female?
Before you can love another, you HAVE to love yourself first
I aim to misbehave

Messages In This Thread
The View From The Other Side - by JodieLynne - 04-22-2020, 07:27 PM
RE: The View From The Other Side - by Anne - 04-23-2020, 06:56 AM
RE: The View From The Other Side - by MichelleL - 04-23-2020, 08:51 AM
RE: The View From The Other Side - by Suzy - 04-23-2020, 10:35 AM
RE: The View From The Other Side - by JodieLynne - 04-23-2020, 04:50 PM
RE: The View From The Other Side - by MichelleL - 04-23-2020, 06:09 PM
RE: The View From The Other Side - by CanuckGirl - 04-23-2020, 08:05 PM