Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Onward, and hopefully upward.....
(03-01-2020, 09:56 AM)MichelleL Wrote:
(03-01-2020, 07:49 AM)Anne Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 08:15 AM)MichelleL Wrote: Law of Unintended Consequences..... Not bad ones mind you, just 'different'. With nothing producing testosterone in my system, my hair grows much slower. All my hair. I only have to shave my legs once a week. The hair growth on my head is so 'pissingly slow' it is argggg! And with 1 hour electrolysis sessions twice a week, I can't shave in between, just keep it trimmed. And oh boy, let me tell you, it makes me feel so feminine! NOT!!!!! So, I sure don't feel much like skirts and dresses. But oh well, there is always the light at the end of that tunnel too. Love you all, Michelle Heart Heart

That's really interesting (and different), Michelle.  I would have thought that with no testosterone, only "male-type" hair would have been affected.  How frustrating that the hair growth on your head slowed down too.  How is a lady supposed to get her hair length the way she needs it for styling?  Sympathy hugs to you, my dear.  Is your hair down to your shoulders yet?  Or are you going with a shorter hair style?
Yep, it does suck! But it is getting there. It is definitely to my shoulders, but I hate the thinning too. It's not too bad, but just more than I want. I've been using Minoxidil 5% for Women for quite awhile now, and I think it is helping, but like anything with olde people, it takes longer. Love ya, Michelle Heart Heart

Coincidentally I've been using the 5% Rogaine since December 27th.  I've been faithful to the twice daily protocol.  I think I'm starting to see results, new hair growth to that thinning area on top but need another month or two before I'm ready to declare success or failure.  Everything takes longer when we're older....sigh  Cry
Heart 
Anne

Messages In This Thread
Onward, and hopefully upward..... - by MichelleL - 02-27-2020, 07:23 PM
RE: Onward, and hopefully upward..... - by Anne - 02-28-2020, 06:34 AM
RE: Onward, and hopefully upward..... - by Anne - 02-29-2020, 07:46 AM
RE: Onward, and hopefully upward..... - by Anne - 03-01-2020, 07:49 AM
RE: Onward, and hopefully upward..... - by Anne - 03-02-2020, 11:48 AM