Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When...
Jodie, remember, you can't take it with you. You know, in the past 4 years, since my last divorce, the boys and I have moved four times. And each time we always find ourselves getting rid of stuff we bought because we thought we needed it. And when we would go somewhere, or do something, we would buy 'stuff'. Stuff that would be outgrown, or broken (toys), or forgotten about, or no longer fit, etc. And then a light bulb came on in my head; instead of buying them 'stuff', I will buy something far more precious - memories. Memories are priceless, and you never have to find some place to store them, or figure out what to do with them because they have outgrown their usefulness. So now, we just do things, visit things, see things.

Enjoy your life. Enjoy your friends. Enjoy your family. Enjoy each day. Those will stay with you forever. And if there are those people or things around you, that don't want to be a part of 'you'; well, you can only do so much. You are the captain of your own ship. You do not need to get permission from anyone wherever you may want to sail to next. So set sail; and please let me know what new and exciting port of call is next on your list. I may not be able to be there with you physically, but hearing your tales about some far off exotic adventure, will only spur us all on.

Love ya, Michelle Heart Heart

Messages In This Thread
When... - by JodieLynne - 11-07-2019, 08:00 PM
RE: When... - by MichelleL - 11-07-2019, 10:27 PM
RE: When... - by JodieLynne - 11-08-2019, 06:59 PM
RE: When... - by MichelleL - 11-08-2019, 07:19 PM
RE: When... - by JodieLynne - 11-09-2019, 02:36 PM
RE: When... - by MichelleL - 11-09-2019, 04:59 PM
RE: When... - by JodieLynne - 11-09-2019, 05:56 PM