Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Day I will never forget
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterdays events were a real confidence boost for me. Today I decided I should do at least one thing that I have never done. Maybe it was because of the adrenaline I am feeling. Anyways, I have this beautiful skirt that I bought online. It is way too big for me. I decided that given it was the month of Halloween, I could probably pull off going to a seamstress to have it altered. I found one online and called in advance. I told them that I needed a skirt altered for my costume. Asked if she would be uncomfortable with altering a skirt for a man. She said no at all. I asked he what I should wear underneath. She told me to bring everything I planned on wearing with it. I figured that she meant underwear, but I was going to play dumb. I underdressed with my gaff and a nice black body shaper to tuck my tummy. I also wore a pair of black nylons. I packed a bag with my shoes and blouse. When I got there, she was fitting and older, attractive lady. She asked if I was there for a fitting and I said yes. She said, go into changing room and change and come out, she would be right with me. Well I went into the room and put on the skirt and stood there waiting. There was no way I was walking out while she helped the other customer. A few minutes later she knocked on the door and said, you can come out. I cracked the door and saw that the other customer was still there with her back to me, so I opened the door a little more so she could see how I was dressed and said that I would wait until the other woman was gone. She winked at me and said ok.

Once the coast was clear, she again knocked on the door and asked for me to come out. I opened the door, holding my pumps and asked her if I should wear them. She said, no, but I could if I wanted too. Of course I did. Anyways, she started pinning up the skirt, making small talk. At one point, she asked me if this was a Halloween costume and I said yes. When finished, I changed back and went to counter to give her the skirt and pay. She asked my name, and I though "what the hell", and I said Kayla K! She didn;t even flinch. She then asked if I had ever been there before to which I replied "no". With that she handed me 4 or 5 business cards and said to me "give these to your friends and let them know they are all welcome here". Wow! If only she knew that she is only the 4th person to know about my dressing

Another positive experience! Not sure what I will do tomorrow.

BTW... I am dying to see how I look in this skirt when it is done!!!

Messages In This Thread
A Day I will never forget - by KaylaK - 10-12-2015, 04:16 PM
RE: A Day I will never forget - by Michelle Rae - 10-12-2015, 05:13 PM
RE: A Day I will never forget - by Sissy - 10-12-2015, 08:51 PM
RE: A Day I will never forget - by KaylaK - 10-12-2015, 09:20 PM
RE: A Day I will never forget - by Sissy - 10-13-2015, 08:23 AM
RE: A Day I will never forget - by Nicole - 10-13-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: A Day I will never forget - by KaylaK - 10-13-2015, 07:57 PM