How'd you choose your name?
sounds pretty, and classy, just like you! Smile
Blows a kiss to Jodie :-*
~Kelly
I knew that was coming. Lol.
~Jackie~
So why did you choose "Colleen"?
Not being obnoxious, just wondering.
In my case, my first name is a total cliche so I based off my my second name. Plus, I like the sound of Josie.
Nothing more "deep" than that (Who ever said "shallow" was a vice?)!
I was ordering some clothes from JC Penney catalog. The only thing was that when JC Penny called to tell me the order had arrived, my wife answered and was told there was an order for her. We were going to the mall anyway and have Saturday lunch at our favorite restaurant. The store was in the mall. So when we were seated and ordered, I excused myself and told her I was going to check on something. I left and quickly walked to the store's catalog pickup and picked up the order of shoes in my wife's name . I paid and left. Then I quickly walked to the car in the parking lot and placed the sack in the trunk and walked back to the restaurant. My wife did not inquire about what I did. Of course, we went to JC penny and she said she had come for an order and the clerk told her there was no order in her name. We left and she didn't say anything other than maybe it had been a mistake since she had not ordered anything. I then thought about adopting a name for my feminine side. I chose Deanna. I had seen a photo of a pretty cheerleader in a sports magazine with that name and thought it would fit me. That was in 1986 and I have used it since. Many men like the name and I use it when we go on a date.
DeAnna Heart 
I used to read a lot of Jack Kerouac books which were mostly autobiographical, however he always renamed the characters. Often his character was named "Sal Paradise" and I thought the feminine version sounded cool.
Originally I wanted to be Mercedes, not the car but the actress Mercedes McCambridge who I had a crush on growing up.  But then I figured that I should choose something original, so I changed the spelling just a bit.
I chose something close to my real name.  I think it just fits for me.
I always liked the name Anne.  If I was born a girl I would have loved the name Anne so Anne it is.  I guess I like it cos it sounds so elegant and proper which is how I like to present myself.  Yet, I like it too because it is the antithesis of the slut that comes out of me once in a while.   Everyone knows me as Anne here but on Fetlife I go by Anne Preuss.  Do feel free to connect with me on Fetlife if you are on that site.  My heritage is Prussian (Prussia being one of the old German states) so I chose a Prussian name, Preuss, as my last name.  My ancestors are probably rolling in their graves.  Big Grin 
Heart 
Anne Preuss
Stacia is short for Anastasia. I knew a professional woman who was smart, attractive, and confident and poised working in an intense field largely controlled by men. I always remember her when I think of the business. I wanted a unambiguously Femme name. It's origins are in Greek, connoting resurrection, another nice facet.