Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One small step.... One Giant Leap
<p>On January 25, 2021, I am going for my first HRT treatment!&nbsp; I will be getting an injection, and a months supply of T-blockers and estradiol!</p><p><br></p><p>Nervous, excited and looking forward to the changes.</p>
Before you can love another, you HAVE to love yourself first
I aim to misbehave
That surely is a giant leap. I truly wish you all the best.
Best wishes for you.
How wonderful for you JodieLynne! Sounds amazing and scary too. I would be a total basket case I think in the days leading up to it.
Let us know how it goes.
<p>
(01-22-2021, 03:45 PM)JodieLynne Wrote: </p><p>On January 25, 2021, I am going for my first HRT treatment!&nbsp; I will be getting an injection, and a months supply of T-blockers and estradiol!</p><p><br></p><p>Nervous, excited and looking forward to the changes.</p><p>

</p><p>OMG that is so exciting!!! you have to keep posting updates :3 you are inspiring being as that is a road i have put seriously thought in going down.</p>
Thank you all for the well wishes and support!

I've been living as a woman, 24/7, since March of 2020 when I was laid off from my job due to Covid. I was applying for jobs as 'Jodie', and was hired by a company in July. The majority of employees (and the Management! ) accept me as 'her', although there are a couple of guys who refer to me with masculine labels, such as 'buddy', 'bro' and whatnot. I try not to get pissy about it, but it DOES sting.

On the plus side, the majority of female employees accept me as a woman, and even include me in 'girls only' talks! Smile

And many of them ask me intelligent questions about my journey, although I welcome ALL questions about being transgender. AND, a lot of the guys at work treat me as a woman, helping me with things and generally being gentlemen. Smile In fact, just the other day, one of the guys saw me struggling to move a heavy pallet of product, literally, lifted me out of the way, and did what I was trying to do, effortlessly! I thanked him profusely, and he said 'no problem' as he gave me a hug!

The biggest thing I've discovered is that I don't have to COMPETE with guys.....I don't have to get into "who's stronger", "who's best" with guys. I can allow myself to stand by as the boys beat their chest's, and huff and grunt to show their strength. I just have to stand there, blush, and compliment them on their strength as I thank them for helping a mere woman! Wink
I aim to misbehave
That is wonderful for you Jodie, simply to be treated as the woman you know you are. Too bad about the couple who aren't enlightened enough. Fortunately, they are now the ones in a minority group, as acceptance of trans gender and gender fluid (I'm the latter) people grow. The biggest thing I think is we are just like everyone else, almost that is. But we are gentle humans trying to live our lives, and that we didn't ask for this!
Sorry! I am a bit passionate about this at times.
I hope your treatments are going well, Jodie!
Amy
UPDATE: I am very disappointed and sad....

It turns out that I was giving some bad information.

I had my appointment at Planned Parenthood, filled out all the paperwork, and then was asked by the Doctor: "Jodie, is it correct that you don't have Insurance?" When I told her that was correct, she informed me that the office visit and exam would cost me $180 out of pocket, and that to get the prescriptions filled would cost $700 or more. Sad

So now, my first step will be getting some kind of health/medical insurance before continuing my journey.
I aim to misbehave
Hi Jodie,
Hang in there girl, we are all rooting for you!
Hugs & Kisses,
Tami
I'm so sorry to hear that, Jodie! Hopefully you can get on track again soon.
Amy