Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Every Thing Old is New Again

I have been checking in and reading posts all along. I had not posted much myself because i had concluded that this life was just not for me. An awful lot has happened over the past year to drive home how much I mean to my family and my extended family as they know me. However....

Recently the Pink Fog, in Anne's felicitous phrase, has rolled in and stubbornly refused to lift.I had dreams about being dressed and made up as Stacia. I am home alone this week; last week it dawned on me that I could use the self checkouts at Meijer's and not have to squirm internally in front of a clerk. I scouted the lady's clothing section. Last night after golf I picked out a dress, bra and nylons as matter of fact as I could be. I went to the other end of the store, away from the staff who know me. So naturally, the gregarious young man helping at the registers came over and struck up a chat. I was surprised at how calm and unconcerned I was checking out. After dressing last night, I decided I needed makeup. Well, duh! Today I went over to Target, walked in the door and, naturally, headed straight for the ladies clothing.

So here I sit, in my second new dress in 24 hours, face powdered, lips slickered, content, for now. I am not even concerned at this point about the future. I'm closeted forever; I just want to love myself, this self, as is, for a few precious days.

Hello, Stacia. Since I started dressing this year, I've found one unalterable fact...it is almost impossible to stop. It becomes a part of who we are. Embrace it when you can. Maxine
Hey Stacia, I have been (am) in that state of "Pink". I was just at the sporting goods store and found myself going through the women's racks! Soothing is a good word for when I am all dressed up and finally relaxed in my girl self.
Hugs,
Tami
Take comfort in what you can do when you can do it.
cindyv

(10-14-2020, 05:28 PM)Tami Wrote: Hey Stacia, I have been (am) in that state of "Pink". I was just at the sporting goods store and found myself going through the women's racks! Soothing is a good word for when I am all dressed up and finally relaxed in my girl self.
Hugs,
Tami

Thank you, and all above. It is impossible to to adequately describe the sense of peace and tranquility  that comes over me dressed. I bought a top - soft pink with a cowl neck - and some jewelry yesterday. Stop me before I shop again!

I fixed a special dinner last night - my last night home alone - and ate by candle light, dressed for dinner and watched a favorite movie, To Catch a Thief, with the cool Grace Kelley and the wonderful Jesse Royce Landis. Later, with dessert I watched north by Northwest with the stunning Eva Marie Saint and....Jessie Royce Landis. Oh, Cary Grant was in both also.

Just for fun I changed out of my long dress and into the pink top with some white pants.

The whole evening was heavenly.

Love to you all.

Stacia

so happy you had a great evening. you go girl.
I'm so glad you are enjoying your girl side, Stacia. We do have to hide from others who don't understand, or won't tolerate this side of a man, but enjoy when you can.
Like others have said before me, this is a part of us, who we are, and whether we like it or not she is here to stay, though the need to be femme seems wax and wane.
I too feel so happy and relaxed when I can get all dressed up. You are fortunate that you are able to have a few days to enjoy being femme!
Amy