Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to buying dresses
I want to buy my first dress and i have been looking a several. The only critical measurement is around the waist. I normally wear a 36 in pants and that is just above my hips. Should i measure a little higher up say around the navel and how well does the sizing accommodate the boobs?
Hugs, Heart

Sterling
If your looking at dresses from Janet's they have a sizing/measurement instructions which covers all the things they sell. I am never sure with general sizing charts (without instructions how to measure). However I think I am getting confident enough in public I'm going to start shopping in person and trying things on before buying if Covid restrictions don't shut the changing rooms down again.
Hugs and Kisses
Lynn
(09-24-2021, 04:47 PM)Lynn Wrote: If your looking at dresses from Janet's they have a sizing/measurement instructions which covers all the things they sell. I am never sure with general sizing charts (without instructions how to measure). However I think I am getting confident enough in public I'm going to start shopping in person and trying things on before buying if Covid restrictions don't shut the changing rooms down again.

I actually bought two dresses this week at another store.they are both the same color just different sizes. One is xl the other 1x. I had bought the xl thinking it should fit well and it does except for if i want to lift my arms up over my shoulders. Then it is like the empire waist comes up over my boobs. The 1x waist rest just above the navel and when i lift my arms up it comes up to the bottom of the bra band. I tried to find information online as to how a dress should fit but there is not much information. I guess that is what i liked about going to Janets. When you try anything on they will tell you if it looks good or not. It kind of makes me wish that i had someone to go shopping with and not lean on trial and error. I’m thinking of exchanging the first dress for another 1x in a different color.
Hugs, Heart

Sterling
I would do the exchange since I believe your waist should not come up over your breasts so it sounds like the 1X is a better fit.
Hugs and Kisses
Lynn
(09-25-2021, 11:54 AM)Lynn Wrote: I would do the exchange since I believe your waist should not come up over your breasts so it sounds like the 1X is a better fit.

I did the exchange. So no I have two dresses. The first is in black and the second is an autumn golden yellow. Both are in 1x. Pictures to come later.
Hugs, Heart

Sterling
Autumn Gold dress with genie bra with and without breast forms.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hugs, Heart

Sterling
(09-28-2021, 03:52 AM)Sterling Wrote: Autumn Gold dress with genie bra with and without breast forms.

My first dresses.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hugs, Heart

Sterling