Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name and gender change?
So, with all this 'stay at home' stuff, it does give you time to think about things. So I have been thinking about future plans. As in, once I get my electrolysis treatments completed, I will have had enough time on HRT to start serious planning for top surgery (more of an augmentation) . And that would be a natural point to get my name and gender legally changed. I have started doing some research on the process in the state I live in, Virginia. I would love to hear from you ladies on what you may have gone through, and what things need to be considered, or planned for. One question I came up with is; do I seek a birth certificate gender change from the state I currently live in, or the state I was born in? Love ya, Michelle Heart Heart
Oh, and once my birth certificate gets changed, I will soooo enjoy telling my 'X' that I am now her 'ex-wife'. That will be hilarious. And that would make her (drum roll here), (wait for it) - a 'lesbian'! It will just be a shame I can't video her expression. Love ya, Michelle
Michelle, sorry I can't you, being Canadian and all, EH!
Seriously, your second post is hilarious. I really love it. Telling people about your (female) ex.
I needed the pick me up today!
Thanks,
Amy
Hi Michelle,
It only makes sense that you would want legal documents to confirm your current status as Michelle.   I'm certainly not a legal expert and perhaps you may want to consult with one as it relates to your sons.  Could they be negatively impacted in any way while they are minors and you have custody (or is it joint custody that you and the ex have?) if you proceed with change in documentation?  I wouldn't even bring it up if it were not for the boys and maybe I'm overthinking this.  Good luck with the doc changes and......wear a bodycam when you tell your ex.  hahahaha
Heart 
Anne