Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When...
When is it acceptable to resign from the fight?

How many times do you have to get knocked down, before it's OK to just lie there?

How long do you have to struggle with life, before you are allowed to just surrender?

I am tired, tired of the struggle, tired of losing ground.

Tired, so, so very tired of a never ending uphill fight.

Tired of trying to do better, and failing.

Tired of letting those I love down.

Tired of trying to be "ME", when there are so many obstacles in the way.

Can't I, please, just close my eyes, and sleep the deepest sleep, forever more?
Before you can love another, you HAVE to love yourself first
I aim to misbehave
Jodie, you can't resign, lie there, or surrender. Go watch a documentary on Gene Kranz, or see the movie Apollo 13. When the space race started, there were thousands of young engineers that thought they could do no wrong. Until they were faced with Apollo 13, and realized that if they made the wrong decision, 3 men would die in space. They got scared; real scared. And Gene Kranz had a 'come to Jesus meeting' with them all. When he was done, they had the courage to find the solution, to fix the problem. And three men came back safely to earth.

Every day you will get up, and you will be determined to get just a little closer to that wall. Maybe tomorrow it is just a millimeter, or maybe it is a foot, or maybe you fall back an inch. But you will keep getting back up and try again the next day. Resignation IS letting down those you love. Perseverance is showing those you love just how much you do love them. In the end, they will love you more because of it.

There are no obstacles, only challenges. Each day, at midnight, the day is over. If you have not faced all of today's challenges, you will not be fully prepared for tomorrow's challenges. Think of all the hardships human's have faced for millennia; and will face for millennia more. You, we, can all rise up and face those challenges. Your future, hell the future of the human race, depends on you, and all of us. You can do this. If you are down, consider my hand reaching to help you back up and into the fight. Love, Michelle Heart Heart 

BTW, the title to Gene Kranz's book is; "Failure Is Not An Option".
Michelle,

I want to thank you for reaching out.

I was at a very low ebb, emotionally, and I needed to vent. If I scream out loud, it upsets the cat, and the neighbours call the cops, soooo, I vented online.

Does anyone know a very rich, very old widower who has a weak heart? If so, send him my way! I promise, I'll share the fortune!
I aim to misbehave
Jodie, remember, you can't take it with you. You know, in the past 4 years, since my last divorce, the boys and I have moved four times. And each time we always find ourselves getting rid of stuff we bought because we thought we needed it. And when we would go somewhere, or do something, we would buy 'stuff'. Stuff that would be outgrown, or broken (toys), or forgotten about, or no longer fit, etc. And then a light bulb came on in my head; instead of buying them 'stuff', I will buy something far more precious - memories. Memories are priceless, and you never have to find some place to store them, or figure out what to do with them because they have outgrown their usefulness. So now, we just do things, visit things, see things.

Enjoy your life. Enjoy your friends. Enjoy your family. Enjoy each day. Those will stay with you forever. And if there are those people or things around you, that don't want to be a part of 'you'; well, you can only do so much. You are the captain of your own ship. You do not need to get permission from anyone wherever you may want to sail to next. So set sail; and please let me know what new and exciting port of call is next on your list. I may not be able to be there with you physically, but hearing your tales about some far off exotic adventure, will only spur us all on.

Love ya, Michelle Heart Heart
Thanks Michelle, you brought a smile to my face, and I appreciate the support from you and Anne. Smile
I aim to misbehave
Jodie, my only response is from a very famous American...... "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." Attributed to the late, great, Benjamin Franklin. Apparently he was a real ladies man! Oh well, to each his own. As for the 'hang' part; I'm not sure what he was referring to. Big Grin Big Grin  Love ya, Michelle Heart Heart
(11-09-2019, 04:59 PM)MichelleL Wrote: Jodie, my only response is from a very famous American...... "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." Attributed to the late, great, Benjamin Franklin. Apparently he was a real ladies man! Oh well, to each his own. As for the 'hang' part; I'm not sure what he was referring to. Big Grin Big Grin  Love ya, Michelle Heart Heart

LOL! Yeah, I'm pretty sure I could "hang" with Benji, he was known for tickling women's fancies. I've never had my fancy tickled, sounds.... ticklish!

I'm a fiery haired Irish girl, I may get knocked down, but I'll always rise again. But I'm also very Klingon in attitude      ( WARNING:   Nerd Girl Alert! ), I'd prefer a foe I can face, blade to blade, than the niggling, nagging, faceless foe of debt!
I aim to misbehave