Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transition within a transition, within a.....
Transition. Or development. Or evolution. Or just plain life...... Life, it seems, is just one big transition; from conception to death. We change, and we grow. And there are a myriad of small transitions along the way. Some take longer than others. Some start out at the same time, but end at different times. Some start at different times, but end at the same time.

What does this all have to do with anything? Well, for me, it is a way to understand the 'why' when I am feeling anxious, or frustrated, with why something can't happen now, or why is something taking so long. And it helps when, once you have accomplished some milestone, and you think 'woohoo, I've made it', the next thing seems to take forever.

Like hormones and my surgery. Oh, I was so looking forward to other physical changes getting kicked into high gear. Yes, I was hopefully, and overly, optimistic. Breasts don't develop overnight, or in a week, or in a month; but can take years. So I sit back, take a deep breath, and remember, this transition will take awhile.

And like my hair growth. Yes, I use Rogaine for Women. And they say it can take 6-9 months before you 'start' seeing results. So, whenever I am anxiously awaiting that nice full hear of beautiful hair, I just re-read the label on the box.

And whenever I get anxious and frustrated about wanting to look like that hot young thing, I remember, I'm an older woman, not a teenager. And I step back and look at the bigger transition. And I realize that it really isn't; it's just my life. This is the path I am on, either by choice, or design, and I am just going to live it, enjoy it, embrace it, and yes, cry sometimes in it.

So, here is a money saving tip; it works for me, not sure it would work for others. Talk to others, write and post your thought and feelings. As I write things, I find that I change, correct, and adjust things, as I think more about the subject I'm writing about. And it sure beats paying a therapist who is just going to ask me the same questions I ask myself as I write!

Love you all, Michelle Heart Heart 

PS. And sorry I am not posting as much as I used to. My mother is getting older, school and activities with the boys, and daily housekeeping, etc. seem to take most of my time these days.
Well done, Michelle!
(11-07-2019, 07:35 AM)michelle.busty Wrote: Well done, Michelle!

Thank you Michelle. That simple post has taken weeks to mull around in my head, and then figure out how to get right on paper. Love ya, Michelle Heart Heart

Okay, here is a little tidbit to add..... Unintended consequences. Or maybe consequences that were sort of intended, but maybe not to the depth one would anticipate. I'm referring to what happens hormonaly after an orchiectomy. Of course this may only apply to me; your 'mileage may vary'. I knew there would be a diminished sex drive after my operation. But wow, not to the point where I have none! Yes ladies, I could literally care less about intimacy or sex anymore. 'OMG, you poor thing'. Nope, don't waste one fret over me on this one. I don't mind, cuz it don't matter. I'm happy just doing the daily stuff that women have done for centuries.

Of course, the real downside is that I will have to admit that I understand why women always seem to have a 'headache' when hubby wanted to fool around. And I have no desire to 'take care of my own business' either. Just ain't there.

Anyway, next Thursday I see my HRT Therapist for my next prescription. So, as the world waits..... 'Will Michelle's dosage get increased?' 'What will Michelle's hormone levels be at?' Only her hairdresser know for sure..... Stay tuned. That is sure better than most of the news on TV anyway Big Grin 

Love ya, Michelle Heart Heart
Very well stated Michelle.  Perhaps it's a reflection of the society we live in here in the USA...everyone expects to get what they want, right now.  I'm not saying you...I'm just saying society in general.  "I want my value meal now."  "What do you mean you can't get out to my house today to fix my TV?!"  "Where's the waitress?"  And on it goes.  Back when we were kids and young adults, we just expected that some things would take time but with all the technical and medical advances just in the past 1 to 2 decades, everything happens so fast that expectations become (unrealistically?) raised.  I do wish for you that your transitional changes happen in relatively short order.  On a personal front, my electrolysis for my face is taking quite a bit longer than expected and it's not the fault of the electrolygist.  She can only zap and pull so many hairs on my face before it swells up and she has to stop.  But I don't complain...I just soldier on knowing that each electrolysis session brings me a bit closer to my hair-free goal.  Is our generation a more patient generation than these younger generations?  What do you others think?
Heart 
Anne
Anne, yep, I'm re-starting facial electrolysis on Tuesday. I am preparing for a long tough slog through it. But there is a tunnel to that, and the light will come eventually, and then no more hair. I even hate using the phrase 'facial hair'. It is so not feminine.... And then it will be on to genital electrolysis! Onward, and upward! Love ya, Michelle Heart Heart
(11-07-2019, 10:51 AM)MichelleL Wrote: Anne, yep, I'm re-starting facial electrolysis on Tuesday. I am preparing for a long tough slog through it. But there is a tunnel to that, and the light will come eventually, and then no more hair. I even hate using the phrase 'facial hair'. It is so not feminine.... And then it will be on to genital electrolysis! Onward, and upward! Love ya, Michelle Heart Heart

Hi Michelle - I really give you kudos on what your doing!  But, I wonder why the obsession with genital  electrolysis?   Why is that necessary? My real female friends all have a little forest down there.  Personally, I just shave that area, no biggie.  Just wondering.  Please don’t take this personally, I’m just curious.  Hugs, Suzy
(11-07-2019, 06:26 PM)Suzy Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 10:51 AM)MichelleL Wrote: Anne, yep, I'm re-starting facial electrolysis on Tuesday. I am preparing for a long tough slog through it. But there is a tunnel to that, and the light will come eventually, and then no more hair. I even hate using the phrase 'facial hair'. It is so not feminine.... And then it will be on to genital electrolysis! Onward, and upward! Love ya, Michelle Heart Heart

Hi Michelle - I really give you kudos on what your doing!  But, I wonder why the obsession with genital  electrolysis?   Why is that necessary? My real female friends all have a little forest down there.  Personally, I just shave that area, no biggie.  Just wondering.  Please don’t take this personally, I’m just curious.  Hugs, Suzy

Suzy, well since there are no 'dangling participles' anymore, it is difficult to shave. And then there is the stubble that would be there as the hair starts to grow back. And believe me, it was a bitch the first couple of weeks after surgery as the hair started to regrow. So if I get it all removed, it will be free of hair and I'll never have to worry again. Hugs, Michelle Heart Heart
(11-07-2019, 06:26 PM)Suzy Wrote:

It really is a matter of personal preference....how feminine do you want to look and feel, especially for such an intimate area that one might share with another.  Personally, I am having laser treatment done for my bikini area (including the boys and my anus) except for the bush I am keeping in the front.  I'm almost hair-free there and looking forward to never taking a razor there again.  But it has to be dark hair for laser to work.  If it's grey hair, only electrolysis will permanently get rid of grey hair.
Heart 
Anne