Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Onward, and hopefully upward.....
Well, today was the last of my 30 minute electrolysis treatments. Next week starts 1 hour sessions. One hour on my back while someone zaps and pulls one hair after another. Argggg. Not that it hurts; well it's a bit annoying, but to have to lay there for an hour - straight. Just shoot me! But it has got to be done. I will not be the bearded lady at the circus!

And I'm starting to think my life is going to be get ramped up quite a lot here shortly. I fear my mother is going to need a lot of care here real soon. And with two home schooled sons around, it is going to keep me hopping. But that is life. You play the cards you are dealt. Oh well. Love you all, Michelle Heart Heart
Yesterday was another 1-hour electrolysis session for me.   Dawn is my electrologist and we have great conversations although the conversations are a bit one-sided at times since I cannot talk as she works at the hairs close to my mouth.  But we've shared alot about both our families so she discusses alot about that.  She also plays whatever music I request on her iPad but I let her select music too.
Heart 
Anne
(02-27-2020, 07:23 PM)MichelleL Wrote: Well, today was the last of my 30 minute electrolysis treatments. Next week starts 1 hour sessions. One hour on my back while someone zaps and pulls one hair after another. Argggg. Not that it hurts; well it's a bit annoying, but to have to lay there for an hour - straight. Just shoot me! But it has got to be done. I will not be the bearded lady at the circus!

And I'm starting to think my life is going to be get ramped up quite a lot here shortly. I fear my mother is going to need a lot of care here real soon. And with two home schooled sons around, it is going to keep me hopping. But that is life. You play the cards you are dealt. Oh well. Love you all, Michelle Heart Heart

Getting electrolysis is like running a marathon.  It's such a long ways to go, the pace is slow, I feel at times like I'll never get to the finish line.  But I look behind me and I see where I've been and I look ahead and I know I'm closer just a bit more to the finish.  Michelle, at times you might feel frustrated with the progress (or perceived lack of).  So, remember my dear, electrolysis is like running a marathon.  Perhaps you have the advantage of being rid of the nasty boys down below.  Do you think being rid of them helps you with the electrolysis process?

(02-28-2020, 07:06 AM)Stephanie_G Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 06:34 AM)Anne Wrote: Yesterday was another 1-hour electrolysis session for me.   Dawn is my electrologist and we have great conversations although the conversations are a bit one-sided at times since I cannot talk as she works at the hairs close to my mouth.  But we've shared alot about both our families so she discusses alot about that.  She also plays whatever music I request on her iPad but I let her select music too.

I hope all is going well with you too, Anne.
Hi Steph,
I'm doing well....as I hope you are too.   Days are filled with 1-hour sessions to the electrologist.  Weather permitting, I go on a 7 to 8 mile walk or I go to the gym for a cardio workout.  Gotta maintain this girlish figure.  Looking forward to driving out to Maine two weeks from today to see the grandkids.  Life is good...just wish the electrolysis sessions were behind me so I could get back to dressing.  I just don't feel like it's worth it to transform out of male drab when I've got this hair showing on my face but gradually it's becoming less and less.   Yea!!!!  Smile   What's new with Steph??
Heart 
Anne
Law of Unintended Consequences..... Not bad ones mind you, just 'different'. With nothing producing testosterone in my system, my hair grows much slower. All my hair. I only have to shave my legs once a week. The hair growth on my head is so 'pissingly slow' it is argggg! And with 1 hour electrolysis sessions twice a week, I can't shave in between, just keep it trimmed. And oh boy, let me tell you, it makes me feel so feminine! NOT!!!!! So, I sure don't feel much like skirts and dresses. But oh well, there is always the light at the end of that tunnel too. Love you all, Michelle Heart Heart
(02-29-2020, 08:15 AM)MichelleL Wrote: Law of Unintended Consequences..... Not bad ones mind you, just 'different'. With nothing producing testosterone in my system, my hair grows much slower. All my hair. I only have to shave my legs once a week. The hair growth on my head is so 'pissingly slow' it is argggg! And with 1 hour electrolysis sessions twice a week, I can't shave in between, just keep it trimmed. And oh boy, let me tell you, it makes me feel so feminine! NOT!!!!! So, I sure don't feel much like skirts and dresses. But oh well, there is always the light at the end of that tunnel too. Love you all, Michelle Heart Heart

That's really interesting (and different), Michelle.  I would have thought that with no testosterone, only "male-type" hair would have been affected.  How frustrating that the hair growth on your head slowed down too.  How is a lady supposed to get her hair length the way she needs it for styling?  Sympathy hugs to you, my dear.  Is your hair down to your shoulders yet?  Or are you going with a shorter hair style?
Heart 
Anne
(03-01-2020, 07:49 AM)Anne Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 08:15 AM)MichelleL Wrote: Law of Unintended Consequences..... Not bad ones mind you, just 'different'. With nothing producing testosterone in my system, my hair grows much slower. All my hair. I only have to shave my legs once a week. The hair growth on my head is so 'pissingly slow' it is argggg! And with 1 hour electrolysis sessions twice a week, I can't shave in between, just keep it trimmed. And oh boy, let me tell you, it makes me feel so feminine! NOT!!!!! So, I sure don't feel much like skirts and dresses. But oh well, there is always the light at the end of that tunnel too. Love you all, Michelle Heart Heart

That's really interesting (and different), Michelle.  I would have thought that with no testosterone, only "male-type" hair would have been affected.  How frustrating that the hair growth on your head slowed down too.  How is a lady supposed to get her hair length the way she needs it for styling?  Sympathy hugs to you, my dear.  Is your hair down to your shoulders yet?  Or are you going with a shorter hair style?
Yep, it does suck! But it is getting there. It is definitely to my shoulders, but I hate the thinning too. It's not too bad, but just more than I want. I've been using Minoxidil 5% for Women for quite awhile now, and I think it is helping, but like anything with olde people, it takes longer. Love ya, Michelle Heart Heart
(03-01-2020, 09:56 AM)MichelleL Wrote:
(03-01-2020, 07:49 AM)Anne Wrote:

Yep, it does suck! But it is getting there. It is definitely to my shoulders, but I hate the thinning too. It's not too bad, but just more than I want. I've been using Minoxidil 5% for Women for quite awhile now, and I think it is helping, but like anything with olde people, it takes longer. Love ya, Michelle Heart Heart

Coincidentally I've been using the 5% Rogaine since December 27th.  I've been faithful to the twice daily protocol.  I think I'm starting to see results, new hair growth to that thinning area on top but need another month or two before I'm ready to declare success or failure.  Everything takes longer when we're older....sigh  Cry
Heart 
Anne