Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
9/5 - A red letter day (part 5)
Okay ladies, I guess some details are in order. First a caveat; I am a real pussy when it comes to this stuff. I cannot watch videos of actually surgeries. But I can watch gory war footage type stuff with no problem.... Anyway, we got to the hospital around 7:45 and checked in. About an hour later I was down in pre-op. The nurses were really nice. My primary nurse asked what I preferred to be called. I just said 'thank you, but just call me what you are comfortable with'. Keep in mind, I had no makeup on and I was dressed in a loose top and sweat pants.

Later the anesthetist came in to go over what they would do, and then my doctor came in. My mother even commented later that she thought he was cute. So about 10:45ish they wheeled me into surgery. There were five people already there and waiting for me. Five people. Wow. We talked and joked around and then.......

So I'm slowly coming to, and I hear all these nurses talking about 'Michelle', and 'her', and 'she'. And I'm thinking wow, these ladies don't even know I'm waking up, and they are referring to me like that. If I wasn't so out of it, I probably would have cried. And the surgeon came around and we talked about what he did, how it went, etc. I did ask him what time 'they' were gone. One left at 11:47am and the other left at 11:57am.

Once I was lucid enough the nurses gave me some pain meds and we were on our way. We got lost in DC and drove around a bit, but we found our bearings and got home safe and sound. I slept Friday night and last night on the sofa so I didn't have to walk up the stairs. Yesterday my mother took off the bandage and said everything looked fine. There has not been much pain except for the muscles that are in your pelvis to help hold those 'things' in place. And no swelling and I haven't used an ice pack either. There is some bruising on the side of my 'thingy'.

My biggest concern was the 'bathroom bodily function stuff'. Peeing hasn't been a problem, but I've had to take some stuff to help out the other. Well, that worry ended an hour ago. So yesterday, when mom changed my dressing, I asked her to take a couple of pictures. I was going to post them, and then I realized I'd have to look at them. So, I'm going to hold off on that one. Probably to gross anyway. Things are still a bit tender and sore downstairs, and I'm still taking it easy and trying to get used to things missing. Oh, and I'm wearing panty liners. And Friday night and once yesterday I had a couple of hot flashes. I got hot and was sweating all over. They started quickly and lasted just a few minutes and were gone. Weird, since I haven't had any today at all. Oh well... Love you all, Michelle Heart Heart
CONGRATULATIONS Michelle.  I am very happy for you and your successful surgery.  Maybe it's best if you hold off on pictures until the healing is done.  Blush  Certainly, it is up to you if you wish to post any at all.  Such a private thing so don't feel bad if you change your mind and decide not to.
Interestingly, hot flashes are one of the side effects of having an orchiectomy as reported on the website www.verywellhealth.com ...how appropriate that as a youngish older woman, you now get hot flashes. Shy  I am assuming that the prostate was left untouched as that would have required more invasive surgery.  Heal quickly and we look forward to chatting with the new and improved Michelle.  Big Grin
Heart 
Anne
Okie dokie ladies, I finally got around to taking a few new pictures of my 'development'. I will let you all be the judge about how much has changed topside in the past almost 4 months. Love ya, Michelle Heart Heart

Now I can't find the first one to compare... Argg! Love ya, Michelle Heart Heart

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Michelle honey, you are looking incredible.  You are blossoming into the beautiful woman you are meant to be.  I love how your areolas are growing along with your breasts.  Congratulations on your continued transitioning.
Heart 
Anne