Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mom's hand me downs.....
So here's a twist for all of you all. For those of us who got caught raiding our mother's, or sister's, or wife's clothes; here is a new twist. I think I mentioned that my mother and I are in the process of moving into a townhouse. Well yesterday I went over to pick up some of her clothes to bring over. She had two black midi length skirts out for me. Since they don't fit her, she gave them to me! And she said she had more. I'm probably going to get her to re-hem them a bit, but they are really nice and fit perfectly. Hugs, Michelle Heart Heart
Awwww! That is really wonderful and so sweet that Mom accepts you for who you are!

You are very fortunate hun! >HUGS<
Before you can love another, you HAVE to love yourself first
I aim to misbehave
(09-04-2019, 07:39 PM)JodieLynne Wrote: Awwww! That is really wonderful and so sweet that Mom accepts you for who you are!

You are very fortunate hun!  >HUGS<

Jodie, I know. She is the best mom a girl could want. When she calls me, she calls me Michelle..... Love, Michelle Heart Heart
(09-04-2019, 07:53 PM)MichelleL Wrote: Jodie, I know. She is the best mom a girl could want. When she calls me, she calls me Michelle..... Love, Michelle Heart Heart

I'm crying here sweetie! Cherish your Mom, and give her a hug for me, will you? Tell her I think she is a wonderful person.
Before you can love another, you HAVE to love yourself first
I aim to misbehave
(09-04-2019, 02:52 PM)MichelleL Wrote: So here's a twist for all of you all. For those of us who got caught raiding our mother's, or sister's, or wife's clothes; here is a new twist. I think I mentioned that my mother and I are in the process of moving into a townhouse. Well yesterday I went over to pick up some of her clothes to bring over. She had two black midi length skirts out for me. Since they don't fit her, she gave them to me! And she said she had more. I'm probably going to get her to re-hem them a bit, but they are really nice and fit perfectly. Hugs, Michelle Heart Heart

That is so super awesome that you have such a caring and understanding mom.  Mine died of breast cancer when I was 19 yo.  But even before that there was little communication, no hugs, no "I love you", nothing.   It was a childhood home devoid of emotional support and any expressions of love.
I am sure you treasure her and will do so for as long as you have her.

Hugs,
Anne
Heart 
Anne
Jodie/Anne, thank you both for the wonderful replies. Mom is over today (until she moves in permanently in the next couple of weeks) to watch the boys while I go to the doctor's, and I had her read your replies. And yes Jodie, I gave her your hug. And another, and another, and another....... For all of the wonderful things she does for me and the boys. Love, Michelle Heart Heart 

PS. 3 more hours until I'm in the doctor's office! yea! Big Grin Big Grin