Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I cracked a nail!!!!!
Okay ladies, I have a cracked nail; and I don't want to loose it. In the past I have tried super glue. That works for awhile and then it fails. So I bought KISS 'Precision' Nail Glue yesterday, and that appears to have the same stuff as super glue, and work just as poorly. I would really love to have real nails, and not have to use fake nails. So does anyone have a surefire way of fixing a cracked nail? Hugs, Michelle Heart Heart
I wish I had an answer for you.  I recently broke/tore three different nails recently.  bout the only advice I can give is to trim them and file them down to a smooth edge so the nail doesn't get worse.

also, I take a Biotin pill supplement every day to strengthen my nails.
Heart 
Anne
I cracked my thumbnail a few months ago. I cut out a section of a tea bag as big as my nail. Put a layer of nail glue over the whole nail then put the cut out section of tea bag on the nail and smoothed it out making sure I had good contact everywhere. Another layer of nail glue then three coats of clear polish. It held untill my nail grew out enough to be able to trim it back to that point and file it. About a month. I've been putting cuticle oil on at least once a week and can see they have gotten thicker.
Sarah L
(11-08-2019, 02:20 AM)Sarah L Wrote: I cracked my thumbnail a few months ago. I cut out a section of a tea bag as big as my nail. Put a layer of nail glue over the whole nail then put the cut out section of tea bag on the nail and smoothed it out making sure I had good contact everywhere. Another layer of nail glue then three coats of clear polish. It held untill my nail grew out enough to be able to trim it back to that point and file it. About a month. I've been putting cuticle oil on at least once a week and can see they have gotten thicker.

That's really great advice Sarah.  Thank you.
Heart 
Anne
(11-08-2019, 07:23 AM)Anne Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 02:20 AM)Sarah L Wrote: I cracked my thumbnail a few months ago. I cut out a section of a tea bag as big as my nail. Put a layer of nail glue over the whole nail then put the cut out section of tea bag on the nail and smoothed it out making sure I had good contact everywhere. Another layer of nail glue then three coats of clear polish. It held untill my nail grew out enough to be able to trim it back to that point and file it. About a month. I've been putting cuticle oil on at least once a week and can see they have gotten thicker.

That's really great advice Sarah.  Thank you.

My wife showed me that trick. I've only been dressing for a year but will pass on anything I can.
Sarah L