Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rhinoplasty - Getting my nose fixed and reduced
Anne, hope things are going well, and healing nicely. And hopefully there is little to no pain or discomfort either. Love, Michelle Heart Heart
(05-01-2019, 05:31 AM)MichelleL Wrote: Anne, hope things are going well, and healing nicely. And hopefully there is little to no pain or discomfort either. Love, Michelle Heart Heart

Yesterday, I saw the surgeon for my post op checkup.  He removed the nose splint and breathing tubes from the nostrils.  I am extremely happy with how my new nose looks.  The impact dent, left by the skate blade is gone.  The line of the nose is smooth and straight.  The bridge of the nose is straight and back inline with the rest of the nose.  And he filled in a dimple towards the tip of my nose that made it look fat and ugly.  I still have swelling that he said will go away in the next 2 to 3 weeks.  I am so happy with my new nose that I am going to arrange for a makeover with www.tgmiss.com, after this swelling/healing is complete.  TGMISS is local to Milwaukee.   I found out about them recently.  YEAH!!!!!
Heart 
Anne
Excellent news sis. And judging from a quick look at the makeover site, your pictures are going to be HOT! Now that this has been done, I bet it feels so much better to be rid of the nervous anticipation too. I'm not sure how your's was, by my nerves are just wracking me to pieces. Not in any self doubt way, but in a 'come on, get on with this' way. If it wasn't for family and my teaching, I'd be in a loony bin by now. Love ya, Michelle Heart Heart
(05-02-2019, 06:11 AM)Anne Wrote:
(05-01-2019, 05:31 AM)MichelleL Wrote: Anne, hope things are going well, and healing nicely. And hopefully there is little to no pain or discomfort either. Love, Michelle Heart Heart

Yesterday, I saw the surgeon for my post op checkup.  He removed the nose splint and breathing tubes from the nostrils.  I am extremely happy with how my new nose looks.  The impact dent, left by the skate blade is gone.  The line of the nose is smooth and straight.  The bridge of the nose is straight and back inline with the rest of the nose.  And he filled in a dimple towards the tip of my nose that made it look fat and ugly.  I still have swelling that he said will go away in the next 2 to 3 weeks.  I am so happy with my new nose that I am going to arrange for a makeover with www.tgmiss.com, after this swelling/healing is complete.  TGMISS is local to Milwaukee.   I found out about them recently.  YEAH!!!!!

(05-02-2019, 06:30 AM)MichelleL Wrote: Excellent news sis. And judging from a quick look at the makeover site, your pictures are going to be HOT! Now that this has been done, I bet it feels so much better to be rid of the nervous anticipation too. I'm not sure how your's was, by my nerves are just wracking me to pieces. Not in any self doubt way, but in a 'come on, get on with this' way. If it wasn't for family and my teaching, I'd be in a loony bin by now. Love ya, Michelle Heart Heart

Yes, you'll have to post pretty new pics as soon as the swelling subsides. Cool
Heart Davina Heart
Davina/Michelle...thank you so much ladies. Yes, I cannot wait to wear makeup and see how much better my face looks with my new nose. My nose is still so sensitive to the touch for now, besides the swelling. Tomorrow Friday will only be 1 week since the surgery so there is a bit of healing to be done. I could apply makeup now if I really wanted to but it would be SO PAINFUL to use a Neutrogena wipe to get the makeup off.

Michelle....I wanted this surgery so bad. You are right...I was so impatiently waiting for it to happen. "yes, let's get on with it". I truly understand your frustration as you wait to have your surgery. I am sure you will be as thrilled with your results as I have been with mine.
Heart 
Anne
(05-02-2019, 08:27 AM)Anne Wrote: Davina/Michelle...thank you so much ladies.   Yes, I cannot wait to wear makeup and see how much better my face looks with my new nose.  My nose is still so sensitive to the touch for now, besides the swelling.   Tomorrow Friday will only be 1 week since the surgery so there is a bit of healing to be done.  I could apply makeup now if I really wanted to but it would be SO PAINFUL to use a Neutrogena wipe to get the makeup off.

Michelle....I wanted this surgery so bad.   You are right...I was so impatiently waiting for it to happen.  "yes, let's get on with it".   I truly understand your frustration as you wait to have your surgery.  I am sure you will be as thrilled with your results as I have been with mine.

I used to ask patients (before retiring, I was a speech-language pathologist working in hospitals, among other things), did you get the plate number of that truck that hit you? It was a ligthearted way to acknowledge that most any significant surgery just hits you beyond what had to be removed or fixed. It's all good going forward.
Heart Davina Heart
I thank everyone for their support here.  In the months and weeks leading up to the surgery, my SO questioned my motives and need for the surgery.  I know initially, she was concerned if I was going to proceed if insurance was denied...but even after insurance was approved, she was not supportive.  Now that the surgery is completed, she compares the before picture with the current me and now acknowledges that it was a bad injury.   This is why I cannot come out to her because she would never accept Anne.  If she couldn't support my need for fixing a broken nose, imagine the scene if Anne presents herself to her.
Heart 
Anne
Sis, I cannot imagine the turmoil you must feel, and have to go through over this. I wish there was some magic book that you could use that would give you step by step instructions on what to do so it turns out well; but there isn't. All I can do is hope and pray for you that whatever happens, is in your best interests. You are in my heart and mind quite a lot Okay, I love my big sister; so there, I said it. Love, Michelle Heart Heart
That's really heartbreaking, Anne. You know my SO and I have been winding down from crisis mode from her seeing me dressed, but to not be able to talk with her about any aspect of it at all...that is really isolating. Glad you have your gurlfriends here to at least share and vent with. Here's to not only your nose healing, but you and your SO as well, I can only hope. XOXO
Heart Davina Heart
(05-03-2019, 06:18 AM)MichelleL Wrote: Sis, I cannot imagine the turmoil you must feel, and have to go through over this. I wish there was some magic book that you could use that would give you step by step instructions on what to do so it turns out well; but there isn't. All I can do is hope and pray for you that whatever happens, is in your best interests. You are in my heart and mind quite a lot Okay, I love my big sister; so there, I said it. Love, Michelle Heart Heart

Thanks so much.  That means a lot to me.

(05-03-2019, 07:47 AM)Davina Stone Wrote: That's really heartbreaking, Anne. You know my SO and I have been winding down from crisis mode from her seeing me dressed, but to not be able to talk with her about any aspect of it at all...that is really isolating. Glad you have your gurlfriends here to at least share and vent with. Here's to not only your nose healing, but you and your SO as well, I can only hope. XOXO

It's not so much about "healing" between my SO and me but just sad acceptance on my part that she is what she is.  And much of that is learned behavior from her mother.  Unfortunately for me, I came from a home that was filled with so much turmoil that I had no idea what a healthy relationship was.  At the time we met, I almost gravitated to her because, to be away from the home I grew up in and with her, was a relief more than anything.  For the damage I suffered to my psyche at the time, I couldn't possibly fathom that she would be toxic to me in a different way.  It's almost as if our marriage relationship exists because both of us would be afraid to break up out of fear of the unknown of being alone, without each other.  I could go on about the kind of upbringing and childhood existence I had, that led to this but it's a bit of a story with many details...better saved for another posting.  I go on with life as it is for the sake of my children and grandchildren.
Heart 
Anne