Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something from another forum....
On another forum I saw a post about 'the grouping of trans people and Crossdressers being insulting'. I'm sure that some may have had to deal with this, or have been exposed to it. So, I replied to what my thoughts are. I am not great intellectual mind by any stretch of the imagination in any bizarre world, but I thought I'd go out on a limb and post my response. It seems that someone awhile back made the following comment; "either we all hang together, or we most assuredly will hang separately". So, on that note, I offer the following:

Well, a few minutes ago I checked the world population clock, and it showed that there are at least 7,695,494,910 people on the planet, and that means there are that many 'labels'. I'd like to think I do not begrudge anyone calling themselves anything. As for others calling me something; most would do it because they just don't know, and are sincerely ignorant and afraid of coming off ignorant. And there are a few others that will be just hateful. And there is nothing I can do do about that. You can't fix stupid? As for me; I started out 'crossdressing' and found that that wasn't the answer to what was in my head and heart. And the more I looking into myself, the more I felt like what I understood as transgender. Do I have male DNA - yes. Do I think, feel, and act like what society as deemed as feminine - yes. Do I look at other males as potentially intimate partners when I 'must' dress male - no. Do I look at other males as potentially intimate partners when I dress as who I am - yes. Am I complete in the transitional journey I am living - no. All that said, I consider myself a transgendered heterosexual female. That is the best label I can put on myself for how I think, feel, act, and wish to appear. I still need my partial bottom surgery, full top surgery, finish body hair removal, and continue to grow my hair out. Until that happens, Michelle is one happy lady. Now, if the medical community, and the world, would just catch up with me, and listen to me about my knowing more about me than they do; Michelle would be out of this world happy.

Hugs to all, Michelle
I saw the same discussion and was going to comment on it, but felt that it was going to turn into a mud fight. It has since been closed by the moderators.

I have seen the same type of division on another forum site that is supposed to be for everyone on the CD/Trans spectrum and their spouses. On that site, I only post and comment in the 'crossdressing' section, because I don't want to be measured and judged in the 'trans' section as not being trans enough.

It seems like some people aren't "trans enough" for other peoples tastes, and the OP in the other forum was offended by the fact that we are all in the same boat, as far as the general population is concerned.

But sadly, I see "our people" doing the same thing: looking down on those that are 'behind' us on our own personal journeys. Maybe not overtly all the time, and not everyone, but I think that humans, as a competitive species, judges others by our own individual standards and milestones. We seem to like and thrive by constructing little boxes that divide 'us' from 'them'.
Before you can love another, you HAVE to love yourself first
I aim to misbehave
Michelle and Jodie....you two got my curiosity going.   What site was this that you reading about this discussion?
Heart 
Anne
Hi Anne, the site is called FetLife. Free to join, it has been called "Facebook for kinksters" It's a great place to meet like-minded people and have interesting convos.

The other site I mentioned is
Crossdressers.com which is a much, much more conservative venue that doesn't allow as much free-wheeling kinkiness as her or Fetlife, due to the fact that there are minors on the site. There is some good information on the site though.
I aim to misbehave
(04-07-2019, 07:50 AM)JodieLynne Wrote: Hi Anne, the site is called FetLife. Free to join, it has been called "Facebook for kinksters" It's a great place to meet like-minded people and have interesting convos.

Crossdressers.com which is a much, much more conservative venue that doesn't allow as much free-wheeling kinkiness as her or Fetlife, due to the fact that there are minors on the site.  There is some good information on the site though.
We just friended each other recently on Fetlife, I just didn’t realize that was where this discussion was happening.
Heart 
Anne
(04-07-2019, 07:50 PM)Anne Wrote:
(04-07-2019, 07:50 AM)JodieLynne Wrote: Hi Anne, the site is called FetLife. Free to join, it has been called "Facebook for kinksters" It's a great place to meet like-minded people and have interesting convos.

Crossdressers.com which is a much, much more conservative venue that doesn't allow as much free-wheeling kinkiness as her or Fetlife, due to the fact that there are minors on the site.  There is some good information on the site though.
We just friended each other recently on Fetlife, I just didn’t realize that was where this discussion was happening.

Hi Anne!
The discussion got shut down by the mods, as the OP had asked for opinions, then got bitchy with anyone who disagreed with her.
I aim to misbehave