Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lipstick
Hi Girls,
   Since I only get to be Gina for short periods of time, I was wondering what lipstick is best for easy removal? Any suggestions on nail polish? I other night I used a gel, looked great, but I thought it would never come off.
  Thanks in advance,

Gina
Gina Smile
Gina, I use Maybelline and Revlon, and both seem to come off pretty easy. I use those wet wipes you get at Walmart type stores. As for nail polish, I get the cheapest stuff that Walmart sells; just to see if I like the color. Then I get a name brand. The cheap stuff seems to take several coats, whereas the name brand stuff works in one, possibly two, coats. And yes, I heard this somewhere (maybe my mother), gel name polish is a bitch to take off. Love ya, Michelle Heart Heart
Everything that Michelle said.

I usually get name brands, but I also use Amazon a lot. Its easy and you don't have to go to the store.

And I agree about gel nail polish. Stay away from that unless you want it to stay on for two weeks.

Hugs
Jen
Jennifer  Heart  
Well, silly me.... As I was writing my reply, I was doing my nails with that cheap stuff. Sinful Colors from Walmart. And you know what, it says on the bottle it has "Gel Tech". Well, it has 'Tech' in the name, so it must be fantastic.... hahaha. So I guess that too is gel based. But I never have had a problem getting it off with regular nail polish remover. I guess it is really, "Cheap Gel Tech"...... Now, back to my  nails, already in progress. Love ya, Michelle Heart Heart
An alternative to lipstick, for easy removal, is colored lip waxes similar to chapstick. "Burts Bees" puts out a line of moisturizing lip balms that are tinted. They aren't as bright as lipsticks, but are quickly and easily removed.

Link to Burts Bees:
https://www.burtsbees.com/product/tinted...94624.html
Before you can love another, you HAVE to love yourself first
I aim to misbehave
Carmex is great for removing most lipsticks.

Neutrogena wipes for makeup.

Cotton wipes with nail polish remover works for a lot of nail polish although I cannot speak to how it works on the gel stuff.  Target sell the cotton wipes in the same area as the cotton balls.  The cotton wipes are 2" in diameter and you can scrub with them a lot more vigorously than the cotton balls.  I've not tried it but I've heard of people soaking their nails in acetone to remove nail polish.  If you do that, you will want to moisture your fingers as the acetone will really dry out your skin.
Heart 
Anne
Thanks for all the insight and advice. I don't know what this girl would do without this forum.
It would be great if we could plan a get together somewhere. Girls getting together for some quality girl talk.

Thanks,
Giina
Gina Smile
Gel polish is a bitch and a half to remove, and can't be done the way you would remove non-gel. The best way I've found so far is, cotton balls soaked in acetone, laid on the nails and covered in tin foil for about 30 minutes. And it will still take a lot of work to get it all off!

With regular polish, apply a coat of clear first. That will help keep from staining the skin & cuticles around the nail. Allow to dry thoroughly, then apply your colour.

Another tip for lipstick: apply a coat of lip balm (carmex, chapstick, burts bees) first. It will help smooth out your lips for the lipstick.
Before you can love another, you HAVE to love yourself first
I aim to misbehave
(02-25-2019, 03:09 PM)Gina Wannabe Wrote: Hi Girls,
   Since I only get to be Gina for short periods of time, I was wondering what lipstick is best for easy removal? Any suggestions on nail polish? I other night I used a gel, looked great, but I thought it would never come off.
  Thanks in advance,

Gina

wow, i went to a salon before christmas for acrylic tips and it took , after soaking in acetone , until yesterday for the last remnant to come off and nails are still a little ragged. they were so great while they lasted.