Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tentative transition timeline
Michelle, I am certainly no expert on what you will experience with your surgeries and transitioning. I am sure you will go through an emotional roller coaster with a fair share of good days and bad days. On the bad days, renew your faith in your decision making and stay strong. On your good days, celebrate who you are and the new woman you are becoming in mind, body and spirit. What a fantastic journey you are undertaking!! Know that many, myself included, wish we were taking the same journey with you. ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Heart 
Anne
Wow, a whole week on hormones now. And I guess some of the stuff I heard about this affecting your mood is right. It's not too bad, but I sure would like to be less moody. I just seem to be less enthusiastic about things in general. I can't wait to hear from a therapist I was recommended. Then maybe I can get get moving on getting all of this testosterone out of my system and let the estrogen do it's work. Oh well, one day at a time I guess. Love, Michelle
Well ladies, for a couple of days around the middle of this last week, I just about went nutzo. I was ready to.... I don't know what. But I got my senses back, and only missed one, or two, days of hormones. And this morning I had a long talk with my two young sons about hormone levels, and what mine were, and where they were going. And we talked about what changes will be going on with my body, and how my choice of clothing will have to adjust to those changes. And I showed them some of my new clothes, just some shorts and jeans. They understand that I will have to wear a bra as my breasts grow, and eventually be surgically enhanced. And they know I have a wig to wear. And they even wanted to know what I need for my birthday; a nice pair of satin pajamas (top and shorty pants). And they know that no matter what I look and feel like, I will always be their Dad. That I will always love them, and they told me they will always love me.

And tomorrow, the ex will be told. She will just have to deal with it. If two young boys can accept and deal with it, she can too. So, onward and upward. Next week I will make an appointment with my counselor to begin discussing a timeline for my Orchiectomy. I'm shooting for a mid-summer surgery. And no more of these hormonal emotional outbursts. Love you all, Michelle Heart Heart
Neverending hugs and best wishes as you continue your transition and coming out.
Heart 
Anne
Well ladies, today my ex-wife and I had a chat about 'me'. She didn't shoot me, tell me to leave and never come back, or threaten to take the kids from me. Of course, she also didn't jump up and hug me and tell me how cool it was, could we be girl friends, and go shopping. It's 'a lot to take in', 'a lot to digest', 'a lot to comprehend', etc. She has text me with other questions, and I have answered them. She, as am I, is only concerned about this affect on our two boys. I told her I'm taking it slow, and she agrees. And she agreed to help me with them adjusting to this. All in all, I think it went better than I had expected. So, another boulder out of the way on my way forward. Love you all, Michelle Heart Heart
Hi Michelle,
I can only imagine the incredible stress you felt, leading up to your coming out to your Ex, especially as it relates to your sons. Congratulations on leaping this huge hurdle and moving forward. Continued best wishes as you move forward in your journey and your Ex's continued acceptance.
Big hugs to you sister,
Anne
Heart 
Anne
Ahhh yessssss.... What better feeling can any gurl hope for, than loving words of encouragement from her big sister.

Hey, here is a thought for all you ladies to wrap your heads (or legs) around..... So, there is a lunar mining expedition taking off in one year. There will be 50 miners going, for a period of 2 years. It will be round the clock work. Hard, sweaty, and grueling work for them. And they will need some way to 'relieve some stress'. And as it turns out, there are two extra seats for gurls wanting to do their patriotic duty. Who wants to go? With me of course. Hey, it's my dream, so i can make the rules......

Love you all, and have a wonderfully sexy day, turn some heads, and make those guys drool, Michelle Heart Heart
I get seasick too easily.  I can only imagine what weightlessness of space will do to me.  If you leave with the miners, that leaves the planet earth to us. Big Grin
Heart 
Anne
Okay; I've started looking at 'knife wielding ninja surgeons' to get rid of 'dumb and dumber' down below. There is a place in Charlotte, NC, that apparently looks to be a one-stop-shop. So, I'll drop the car off next door for an oil change, and pop into this place for an orchiectomy. Anyway, here is the web site, take a look and let me know what you think. Love ya, Michelle Heart Heart 

https://cosmeticconciergemd.com/
Hi Michelle,
I viewed the website and it does what it is supposed to do....create the image that they are a professionally run medical organization and that the surgeon is top notch.  But you don't really know what they are like until you actually visit them, have your consultation and ask questions.  One of the questions I would ask is how many of this particular surgery has the surgeon done that will perform it on you?  Their website shows nice positive reviews from past patients but are there other reviews out there on this surgeon?  Is it possible to talk to a prior orchiectomy patient to gain their perspective of the surgeon and how they are doing post-orchiectomy?

I'm sure you have reflected on this and have decided that this is the surgery you want.  As you know, once you have the orchiectomy done, you have eliminated any future chance to have vaginoplasty performed on you.  Personally if it were me, I would have the testicles internally removed but leave the scrotum skin intact for future vaginoplasty.

I don't know what else to say other than I hope everything goes the way you want it to.

Hugs and lots of love,

Anne
Heart 
Anne