Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laser hair removal
Well ladies, Michelle bit the bullet and started her laser hair removal yesterday. I had them do my face and torso to start with. I felt weird getting zapped a million times, but it will be totally worth it when all of this is gone; for good. They did it with the laser set on 10. I have to go re-read Anne's posts on her hair removal so I can compare notes. My next appointment is on March 5th. And the ladies were so nice. And once again I came across people who just seem to embrace me becoming transgender. I mean, it just gets better each day it seems. I can't wait for the day when there are no male clothes in my home and no breast forms, and I am me everyday. Get up, shower, futz about trying to pick out the right bra and panties, and dress or skirt and blouse, what shoes to wear, etc., etc., etc. Oh the joys of womanhood. Love you all, Michelle

Michelle, the ditz here again. I forgot to mention where I went.... Jasmine Aesthetica in Winchester, Va. The ladies were fabulous, and so nice to talk with. We joked about me feeling like I was on a beach; topless, with real D breasts, watching the guys walk by. Ahhh, simply heavenly. No body hair, a nice long haired wig, laying on the beach weraing only the bottoms of a bright orange bikini (why am I so obsessed with a bright orange bikini!). Oh, Michelle will get lucky with that look. Love ya, Michelle Heart Heart
Michelle, congrats and you will so love how smooth you get as you go further with the treatments.   I assume they told you in advance that laser will not remove white/grey hair.   I am expecting that I will be doing electrolysis to remove those nasty grey hairs when I go through my full array of laser treatments.  My first treatment started at 12.   Because of the flu,  Blush I had to reschedule yesterday's treatment #4 to next week.
Heart 
Anne
Anne, the flu! Are you alright? Hope it wasn't too serious. Yep, they told me about the white/grey hair bit. My next treatment is in 4 weeks, so I'm going to see how well that one goes, and then make a decision about whether or not to continue, or cut the cord and move to electrolysis. Hell, they can use tweezers if it gets this hair off me. It is just so gross anymore. BTW, chicken soup, hydrate, a nice comfy and warm bed, and a nice romance novel. Love you, Michelle Heart Heart
It was some stomach bug that got me.  I could feel myself getting more and more sick as the Super Bowl played.  4:00 a.m Monday morning and I was on my knees in the bathroom and I wasn't on my knees for a good reason...ugh.  By Tuesday morning I was good again.

I think starting at level 10 is pretty weak.  I started at 12 and have noticed good results with each progression 12, 14, 16 with #4 going to be at level 18.  The laser tech told me the magic really happens when you get to 20....meaning the difficult hairs along the jawline and at the chin will start to die out.   At least that's what I was told.   Perhaps you should consider increasing to level 14 with your second treatment if they will allow you to do so.

Regarding electrolysis, there is a method called "electric tweezers".  If you go to an electrolysis studio that uses this method, turn around and leave them right away.  "Electric tweezers" is NOT true electrolysis.   True electrolysis involves insertion of a needle into the hair follicle through which an electric current is passed that kills the hair follicle so that the hair does not grow back.  Then that individual hair is pulled out.
Heart 
Anne
Anne, I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. It's a shame I can put on a pink nurses uniform on and come over to 'take care of you'. Seriously, glad you are better. Yes, I know, 10 is a bit low. They started out higher, but asked them to turn it down. Since it was my first time, I was just wanting to see how it felt and see how it went. Next time I will get it done higher. I'm almost convinced that I will need electrolysis at some point. Especially my face. The last thing I want is to have a man kissing my next and feel 'that' on his lips. That would be totally gross. I'd probably start crying and lock myself in the bathroom. Love you, Michelle Heart Heart
Ugh!  How much is that costing you, Michelle?  I inquired with a dermatologist about minor laser treatment and it's like $300/treatment and it takes MULTIPLE treatments!  I'm going to need a second and THIRD job to afford that!!  Oooooohhhh!!! Cry
~ Maria
HeartT.G.I.F. (Thank Goodness I'm Femme!) 

"Loneliness, a constant friend and lover I know well..."
('One Step Closer' by Asia)

Maria, yes, sorry to say you are about right. But when I consider the costs of the shaving products over time, and the time it takes, and the inconvenience each time, I figure it will be worth it. And if I don't see a change after a few visits, I'm just going to switch to electrolysis. And I would be mortified if I saw a man cringe after kissing me and feeling any 'stuff' that I missed with a razor. And baby, looking good for my man is what I want. The things us gurls go through to look beautiful! Love ya, Michelle Heart Heart
Okay ladies; day two of laser is in the books. And they bumped it up a notch, or two. I told them that I want my face and the front and back of my torso devoid of hair by the end of May. I don't care who does it, or how it is done, but that is my deadline. If I have to get some mad horny scientist to create nanobots to scour over me and get this hair off me, I don't care. Love ya, Michelle Heart Heart