Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Makeover at Janets.......
Well, I had my fourth makeover done at Janets this past Wednesday.  The whole event was quite the experience, so let me tell you about it.

As anyone can see from my profile, I live in Northern Indiana, which puts me about 3 hours away from JC.  I took the afternoon off at work, since I have the vacation time and went home and transformed into Jennifer.  I made my self up completely.  Full makeup, wig, painted nails.  I decided to wear a black body suit, A tan and black and copper multicolored skirt, a tan cardigan sweater and black pumps.  All accented with gold jewelry.  Unfortunately I did not take a picture dressed in this outfit.

I chose to wear a skirt this time because I took advantage of some personal time that I have and shaved my legs.  Normally shaving my legs is not an option, but this time it was so I took full advantage.  And yes...I drove the full three hours, in the middle of the day, as Jennifer.  It was fun!

Lately, when I go to JC for a makeover, I go dressed.  It saves time while there and I have been asking for a critique of my makeup skills.  The only way to get better is to practice and seek feedback right?  Passing is a BIG deal for me.  Being seen as a real female is a big deal to me so anything I can do to improve my skills to be able to accomplish this is right up my alley.

So once at Janets, Ashlee took care of me.  She gave me my critique and then I removed all of my makeup.  A clean slate...a plain canvas for her to work her magic.  And she did a terrific job.

I brought a change of clothes, jeans and a light blue turtle neck sweater, for going out that evening, but Ashlee convinced me to stay the way I was already dressed.  SO I did.  And I headed to SOHO in Ferndale Michigan.

Unfortunately, when I got there, the placed was PACKED.  I had called a couple of days before asked how busy they normally are on Wednesday nights and the person on the phone said they are normally very slow.  Perfect.  I wanted a nice relaxing evening to simply sit at the bar and have a drink or two, relax and enjoy being Jennifer...out in the real world.  BUt my wish did not come true.  It was standing room only, and being alone, I did not feel comfortable just standing in a corner looking like an idiot, so I headed to the hotel.

Now once at the hotel, it gets a little interesting.  I checked in on the hotel app and I did it in a way where I did not have to go to the front desk.  But the only room I could get was on the 3rd floor, so I could not simply go to my room and be done with it.  I had to ride the elevator up and the hotel was full.  So upon gathering my items from the car, I proceeded into the hotel and straight to the elevator.  A guy was already on the elevator and held the door for me and as I walked on the elevator, another guy entered behind me.  They were both going to the 2nd floor and the first one asked me what floor, which of course I said 3.  No stares...no snickers...no weird looks...as far as I could tell.  Maybe once they got off the elevator they made comments, but nothing I could tell.  That was a little bit of a heart pounding situation.  Fully dressed like that.  But it went well......

So once in the room, I realized I needed to eat something, so I decide to change clothes and put my jeans and blue sweater on.  I stayed in Jennifer mode and left and went through the drive through at Panda Express.  The young lady at the window was very nice and did not let on at all if she suspected.  And then of course I went back to the hotel and up the elevator...again.  But this time it was not as exciting as I was alone in the elevator.

If I did not have to go to work the next day, I may have ventured out to a bar again later that evening.  But...I had to be responsible (darn it) and stay in.

It was quite the experience anyway.  And I hope to experience something even better soon.  Until next time, enjoy the photos of me in my blue sweater.  I still edit slightly and I am sorry as the eyes are a big part of the makeover.  

HUGS
Jen.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jennifer  Heart  
Looking fabulous, girl! Heart

Hey, I kinda figure you don't want to show your eyes because you might get identified as your male self en femme, but have you thought about getting mirror tint women's sunglasses to put on to hide your eyes - instead of the "splotch" black or white photoshop-esque treatment to your photos?

Just thinking. Blush
~ Maria
HeartT.G.I.F. (Thank Goodness I'm Femme!) 

"Loneliness, a constant friend and lover I know well..."
('One Step Closer' by Asia)

Jen, so I did a quite look see in the dictionary for the words 'hottie' and 'gorgeous' and those same two pictures were there. I was not shocked, since you are a hottie and gorgeous. I have my first makeover in four more days. Four days that will drag on forever! I'm going to go sort of dressed; forms and bra, skin tight leggings, 2" pumps, and either a blouse or sweatshirt. I'll have to stop and put my wig on and at least some lipstick on the way. You know, your stories of going out while dressed inspire me to do the same. I may never get to Janet's, but if I do, and run into you, the drinks are on me. Love, Michelle Heart
Jen...I am so happy for you.  You look fab, dear.  Any pics of you after your makeover was complete?  Would love to see how you looked in that skirt outfit.
I wish I could have been with you.  You wouldn't be alone at the bar then.
Some day, I will get to Janets for a makeover, some day.
Heart 
Anne
Thank you all for the sweet comments. You know how to make a gurl feel special. ?

Anne, I did not take any pictures in the other outfit, but I will attemp to recreate the look this weekend and repost a pic or two. I really like the skirt. ❤️

Thanks again everyone. It was a fun time even though I did not spend a lot of time at the bar.

Jen
Jennifer  Heart  
Hey girls!  

Anne, you requested a pic of what I looked like after my makeover.  Well, I did not take any pics of me in the other outfit after my makeover...I know...what was I thinking??  Well, I was thinking I need to get out and socialize.  Smile

I did attempt to recreate the look today and did take some pics.  The only difference is I did not put any nail polish on.  Otherwise the outfit I wore to JC, while at JC and after JC is attached.  I was going to change into the jeans in the other pic, but Ashlee convinced me to stay as I was.

TTYL
Hugs
Jen.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jennifer  Heart  
Jen, that is gorgeous. You could wear that out to a nice dinner, or to the office. How long is the skirt? Where did you get it? And I love that necklace. Love, Michelle Heart
(01-20-2019, 01:50 PM)MichelleL Wrote: Jen, that is gorgeous. You could wear that out to a nice dinner, or to the office. How long is the skirt? Where did you get it? And I love that necklace. Love, Michelle Heart

Michelle,

Thank you dear for the nice comments.  The skirt comes down just below the knee.  And I am not sure where I got it.  I have had it for awhile.  I would have said Venus, but I checked the tag and it is not a Venus piece of clothing.  So the only other two places I could have gotten it was either Amazon or Kohls.  Sorry I cannot be more help.

Jen
Jennifer  Heart  
Jennifer You look very ladylike very put together and I am sure that even with the bar jammed there was a number of second looks that say a beautiful lady looking to have a great time All best in your next dressing adventure. As Anne and MIchelle pointed if you were at the bar you would not be alone very long All the best Erin

Jennifer  You look very ladylike very put together and I am sure that even with the bar jammed there was a number of second looks that say a beautiful lady looking to have a great time   All best in your next dressing adventure. As Anne and MIchelle pointed if you were at the bar you would not be alone very long  All the best Erin
Love the look of your skirt and outfit gurl.  Love your smile in your pic too. Such a head turner...that you are!  Hugs!!!
Heart 
Anne